FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pappagamer

Disc Priest Stat Priority vs Item Level

Hi and thanks for helping!

My questions is. What are the values of each stat? I understand that the the disc priest priority is INT>Haste>Crit>Mastery>Vers but what I want to know is to what degree is this true. Do you trade INT to Haste at 1:2 or 1:4 or something else entirely? What about Haste to Crit? On top of that, how important is the item level?

Example: If my helm is ILV 845. 1,238 INT, 503 Haste, 777 Mastery

Would a helm that is ILV 840. with a change of -200 int, -50 haste, -777 Mastery, +450 Crit be better?

What about a helm ILV 850. with a change of +200 int, -503 haste, +600 Crit, +200 Mastery?

FYI those are not real numbers just examples of what my question looks like in terms of items. 

Hope I explained it well enough. If you have questions please let me know and I'll try and be more specific. 

Regards, 

I'm quite curious how they ended up with these values. It seems SimCraft does not currently support Disc, and the Pawn addon came up with WILDLY different values:
Int > Crit > Vers > Mastery >> Haste: 
Int: 15.73
Crit: 11.05
Haste: 6.83
Mastery: 9.37
Vers: 10.23

On 25/10/2016 at 1:37 AM, KIbblsnblitz said:

Download Pawn and ill give you stat weights right here and you can input them an itll tell you 

Int 1.0

Crit 1.51

Haste 1.73

Mastery 1.19

Vers 1.03

Also: Really? Int is the worst stat? I really doubt that.

This is taken from the Disc guide on howtopriest. They have felt pretty solid to me.

These are the officially accepted stat weights for Discipline Priests. They are calculated under the assumption that your burst phase will have at least 12 Atonement's applied, and your healing will be from Atonement by 65% or higher. (Credits to Lutcikaur for his work)

Disc Raid:
Intellect .865 | Critical Strike 0.685 | Haste 1 | Mastery 0.729 | Versatility 0.655

Input these weights into Pawn (addon linked below) to see if items are an upgrade and to correctly itemize your character. The more Atonement contributes to your healing, the higher Mastery's weight increases as well.

Since I also get asked a lot of questions regarding dungeon stat weights, I have added them below.

Disc Dungeon:
Intellect 1.225 | Critical Strike 0.961 | Haste 1 | Mastery 0.617 | Versatility 0.928

DISCLAIMER: As with any healer stat weights, do not rely on these 100%. Because of the complexity of trying to sim or calculate healing weights, they are rarely ever completely accurate. Use these weights as a guideline for gearing.

Uncommon Patron
On 10/27/2016 at 1:23 AM, ceebee said:

Also: Really? Int is the worst stat? I really doubt that.

its not that its your worst stat, its just your primary stat so its a given that its something to look for in any upgrade. 

16 hours ago, Sugartits said:

its not that its your worst stat, its just your primary stat so its a given that its something to look for in any upgrade. 

Yeah, but that's not what this says. Compare:
Item has 30 int, 20 vers. Item score: 30 * 1 + 20 * 1.03 = 50.6
Item has 0 int, 50 vers. Item score: 50 * 1.03 = 51.5

These stat weights actually suggest that it helps you to swap out your primary stat for your worst secondary. This is clearly a bad idea. qed.

On 10/25/2016 at 1:37 AM, KIbblsnblitz said:

Download Pawn and ill give you stat weights right here and you can input them an itll tell you 

Is it possible I can get the weight scale tag from ur pawn , so I can copy please?