FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aegis

Help with Blood DK -with logs.

8 hours ago, Sniz said:

EHRPS (External Healing Required Per Second) is a decent tab to use when judging yourself verses other tank classes.

And since warcraft logs removed the 'tank survivability' tab (thank GOD. KRSI is flawed to hell), the only ways to compare between tanks is EHRPS, damage dealt, and healing done. Of these three, EHRPS is the best indicator - however, it's still going to be weighted towards mitigation/avoidance tanks (paladins, warriors) over self-healing tanks (DKs) - simply because of the way we mitigate. A warrior who takes a 100k hit and mitigates 90% of it with an IP is going to need only 10k healing. A dk who takes the same hit of 100k will need to be healed for the full 100k. Now, if there were no healers involved, the DK would clearly be better because he can top himself up. However, if a healer were to hit the DK with a heal BEFORE the DK can heal himself up with Death Strike, then the DS will count as an overheal - effectively increasing the EHRPS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aegis said:

And since warcraft logs removed the 'tank survivability' tab (thank GOD. KRSI is flawed to hell), the only ways to compare between tanks is EHRPS, damage dealt, and healing done. Of these three, EHRPS is the best indicator - however, it's still going to be weighted towards mitigation/avoidance tanks (paladins, warriors) over self-healing tanks (DKs) - simply because of the way we mitigate. A warrior who takes a 100k hit and mitigates 90% of it with an IP is going to need only 10k healing. A dk who takes the same hit of 100k will need to be healed for the full 100k. Now, if there were no healers involved, the DK would clearly be better because he can top himself up. However, if a healer were to hit the DK with a heal BEFORE the DK can heal himself up with Death Strike, then the DS will count as an overheal - effectively increasing the EHRPS.

Thats a good point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sniz said:

Thats a good point.

Thanks =) i worked on that response originally cause my co-tank (a warrior) was asking why my EHRPS was so high (literally about 20% above his)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aegis said:

Thanks =) i worked on that response originally cause my co-tank (a warrior) was asking why my EHRPS was so high (literally about 20% above his)

Same here. My co-tank was a druid.

Unfortunately for me, ive been having difficulty testing my DK in high end encounters because I generally can't raid.  So only mythic plus. 

I dont feel like ive pushed the envelope on that either.

but its nice to see ppl having success who are active on these forums, and taking each others ideas into thier game.  Just being able to brainstorm and share experiences really helps.

hopefully this weekend i can push it a little bit.

• Like 1

Yeah, in normal raids it just doesn't matter - you don't take enough damage for Death Strike healing to be meaningful, in general. For mythic+ it's difficult cause there's no point of equal comparison, given that each run only has 1 tank, and the group composition and the dungeon interact differently everytime.