FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ragebarr

5.4 Warrior DPS and Tanking Trinkets

I'll just use this thread as a list of the new trinkets added in 5.4 and any relevant information on them. Feel free to comment and discuss about them below.

DPS:

1. ability_warrior_rampage.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (1)

• Looks like the proc chance is actually 0.7% at the moment, however it procs of special as well as normal attack. This trinket will probably be best in slot in any pure AoE fight.

2. ability_warrior_rampage.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (2)

• The Str proc only lasts 10 seconds, which is not long enough for Fury Warriors as it doesn't let you keep the proc until your next CS. Nonetheless a decent trinket. Current abilities with reduced CD: Shield Wall, Die by the Sword, Recklessness, T60 talent and T90 talent. It is very decent, giving you more survivability as well as giving you a Bloodbath + Dragon Roar every other CS, but I don't see myself using this trinket unless they also add Skull Banner to it, as de-syncing Reck and SB will probably end up being a DPS loss.

3. ability_warrior_rampage.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (3)

• This trinket looks awesome. It basically gives us a permanent mini Skull Banner, plus free Haste and Mastery. The Str proc also lasts only 10 seconds but it still is a very good trinket.

4. ability_warrior_rampage.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (4)

• When this trinket procs we're speaking of a potential of 23500 crit rating. On top of that the buff lasts 20 seconds, which is awesome for Fury. A simple yet very awesome trinket.

5. ability_warrior_rampage.jpg5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Str DPS Trinket (5)

• Not much to say about it. Darkmist Vortex version 2.0. Darkmist was horrible for warriors (especially Fury) and this trinket probably will be too.

Overall, I foresee trinkets 3 & 4 being BiS for fury, of course depending on their proc rate. If they add Skull Banner to the reduced CDs on trinekt 2, then it probably will become a very interesting choice too. Trinket 1 looks nice for AoE but it's a very niche application. Overall, only trinket 5 seems really bland and not really useful.

Tank:

1. ability_deathwing_bloodcorruption_earth.5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Tank Trinket (1)
2. ability_deathwing_bloodcorruption_earth.5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Tank Trinket (2)
3. ability_deathwing_bloodcorruption_earth.5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Tank Trinket (3)
4. ability_deathwing_bloodcorruption_earth.5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Tank Trinket (4)
5. ability_deathwing_bloodcorruption_earth.5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Tank Trinket (5)

To the proc rate of #4: it is crazy, i had no addon for the ptr, but i would guess about a 70 - 80% uptime. it also stacks very fast( at least for or due to smf)

i tested it together with 4p of t16 and trinket #2 and was able to put an 1.2 million execute in my opener(selfbuffed, flask and pot, with shattering throw debuff active)

Edited by check0790

Yes, I tested it too. It seems to proc instantly, stacks rather quickly (Whirlwind AoE lol) and re procs about 2-3 seconds after it dropped. There is no way this trinket makes it this way live. It's about a constant 40% Crit Chance buff.

From my tests, #4 and #3 seems to be the best choices, as #2 de-syncs Skull Banner and Reck from Bloodbath so it is only partly useful.

I dislike the desync of Reck and Skull Banner from Bloodbath, but having 1.67 min Shield Wall, 2.5 min Rallying and Last Stand are too good to pass up.

Tank wise it's worth it; Much better utility and survivability. Plus, the only other 2 that are really useful imo are the #2 and #5. And for the #2 it depends on what the final % of healing is. Considering warriors will already get healing from SBlk and SBar next tier, I assume 3 and 5 will be the best choices. Then again if you need to stam stack or mastery for specific fights your choices are going to change.

#1 will have excellent situational use, which is what I really like to see from trinkets. #3 is, essentially, situational as well. If I don't have the opportunity to use all of my CDs within that 2.5 min, then equipping it does nothing. I can't see a whole lot of use for #4, but it may pair well with #2. #5 is pretty unexciting, but I like having trinkets with static mastery. On-use dodge is decent for fights like Council or Lei Shen in P1&2.

My thoughts about #1 though are that is the AoE is strong enough to warrant the use of this trinket for tanking then the rest of the raid is in deep trouble...

Unless of course it's localized AoE, in which case it's going to be very situational.

Your mindset is stuck on "use if in danger of death," which is a very 10m mindset. Any mana a tank can prevent a healer from needing to use can be put to better use elsewhere or later. If I had that trinket, I'd use it on Horridon, Iron Qon, Lei Shen, Dark Animus, Megaera, and probably more. Horridon's Cry may not be fatal to the tanks, but reducing its damage before a Triple Puncture could be a massive help and if Jalak and Horridon are both AoEing simultaneously or nearly so, it would make a huge difference. Iron Qon's Fist Smash doesn't hit tanks as hard as it hits other roles, but the smash and the Impale DoT can be some heavy damage and the trinket would help. It would be very similar for Megaera, but the trinket would also reduce the breath damage. For the Massive tanks on DA, that trinket would be essentially a 33% for two Explosive Slams. It would be a HUGE difference.

The DPS 3 trinket is looking fairly attractive as a general purpose tank trinket, the 13% extra mastery makes its highest passive mastery gain of the lot. the procs not particulairly attractive but it'll do.

Considering that, as of now, all the DPS trinkets except #4, are NOT RPPM, it makes them more predictable than the current RPPM trinekts we have to deal with which, if they stay this way, will make them much more attractive both for Fury, and for Tanking.

Looks like they changed the spells affected by the trinkets with increased recovery rate.
The Level 60 and 90 talents are now included.(Link)

This would give us a 36.6 cd on Bloodbath and Dragon Roar, therefore every second CS would benefit from Bloodbath 
Seems like they don´t want to add Skull banner, but the change could probably make up for the de-sync of Reck and Skull Banner

There are still only 5 spells affected as of now, I'll wait to see what's the 6th to say my final judgement on it, but if Skull Banner isn't affected and Reck is, I think I will prefer the amplification one over it (and it goes without saying that the stacking Crit one will be BiS).

I definitely see #3 and #4 as BiS for fury.  The longer strength proc means that we can almost always get a full CS in during the trinket proc. The extra crit damage is very nice too, seeing as fury crits all the time.  As for the crit stacking bonus trinket, this trinket should be crazy considering how much crit it gives.  All of this depends on the proc rates, however I do agree with Ragebarr's first post.

Trinkets are changing a lot right now. I'll wait until everything settles down, and I might add a few to the list, and review them all afterwards.