FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Memnokers

Does Leech double dip Death Strike?

As the title asks, I am curious to know if Leech double dips from the damage portion and the heal portion?

This got me thinking as recently I got a few bits of loot that had high leech and put me to 10% leech combined with almost 10% versa,

I started to feel almost Invincible and could manage to sometimes out heal the healer though I just tell myself they were probably just having a bad day

This was in EN normal, with only , Ursocs rend, the fury from the tentacles  during I'lgy and Cenarius's spear making me cautious of my health

I dont believe it does, run some tests on a dummy and check the logs after to be a 100% sure. 

If you have 10% versa and 10% leech and hopefully 25% ish haste, 20% crit and 25% ish mastery (of these haste and crit are golden, mastery will just happen), then your a lean mean tanking machine, grats.

1 hour ago, Memnokers said:

As the title asks, I am curious to know if Leech double dips from the damage portion and the heal portion?

This got me thinking as recently I got a few bits of loot that had high leech and put me to 10% leech combined with almost 10% versa,

I started to feel almost Invincible and could manage to sometimes out heal the healer though I just tell myself they were probably just having a bad day

This was in EN normal, with only , Ursocs rend, the fury from the tentacles  during I'lgy and Cenarius's spear making me cautious of my health

One thing to note is that as a DK, it's pretty normal to outheal a majority of the healers in normal/heroic, simply cause you have a ton of self heals and absorbs, and you know when you're gonna be low so you should already have planned the death strikes to top yourself off. Generally in heroic and normal EN, in a group of between 25-30 raiders, I'm usually logging between 2nd and 4th place on the heals. And i really don't have any leech, maybe about 2%? 

This will be more apparent the better your raid is, cause if the raid takes less damage, your healing by comparison will increase, cause your piece of the healing required pie increases relative to incoming damage.

Cenarius' spear is a bitch, cause they removed our IBF =( rune tap just pales in comparison.

9 hours ago, Shells said:

If you have 10% versa and 10% leech and hopefully 25% ish haste, 20% crit and 25% ish mastery (of these haste and crit are golden, mastery will just happen), then your a lean mean tanking machine, grats.

not quite, my Haste took a dive to around 10%, but i got lucky and won the Legendary Bracers wich made up for it a little. I have been building my Haste back up to the numbers you note. but not there yet. I'm was debating the Importance of Leech as I have a Helm with a decent amount but its a blue quality 825, rest of my gear is 855 or better, which gimps my item level. while it does not bother me so much others seem to judge base on item level when chasing tanks for Mythic + etc.

Leech is important enough if your having difficulty staying alive. If your comfy with your rotation and your gear is solid and your not struggling, I would drop the 825 helm and stick on something with more stats on it as in general more stats will beat the leech by making your DS bigger, your health pool bigger and more strength for the parry and dps as well. 

All depends on where you are in regards to surviving and doing dps and the likes. 

Lucky you in any case, still waiting for the bracers as they help alot. I got lucky and got the belt which reduces the CD on VB which is pretty nifty. 

You know I came here to immediately say no I don't think so but now im curious XD Leech does impact on heals as well as damage. So just from a functional perspective in theory it may work. I kinda wish I found this thread earlier because im away from home compy at the moment. However, I'm going to play with this later. Very good catch and very good question :D