FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.1: Falcosaur Pets & Mounts

8eDtpQQ.jpg

Falcosaur Pets!

Patch 7.1 introduces us to a rare Falcosaur breed of pets and mounts! You can obtain four new Falcosaur pets.

7-1-ptr_falcosaurus-pets.v9987.jpg

World Quests

Need to be up in a specific zone to get the pet. They are on a two-day duration and even more than one can be up at a time.

Killing the Matriarch will spawn a corresponding orphan that you can interact with only by giving him food. Journal descriptions of the pets will give you more insight.

After feeding the pet, you will need to level it to 25 then you will receive a specific quest which you need to complete. Overall, the quest line is quite long and involves, PvP, World Quests, raiding / dungeons with your pet out.

One of the final quests of the chain gives you Ultimate Battle-Training StoneUltimate Battle-Training Stone, which is great, because you don't need to level another Falcosaur to 25!

That's not everything, Muffinus confirmed even more quests on Twitter.

Placeholder for tweet 784751197915783169

Mad props to Quintessence for her very detailed research on the subject. Don't forget to visit her blog for an in-depth look at Falcosaurs!

Falcosaur Mounts

Four new Falcosaur mounts are coming. Their color corresponds to the pets so maybe after completing the Falcosaur quest chain they may be a final reward depending on which pet you pick.

I'm really looking forward to raising my own velocichicken. It reminds me quite a bit of the ungoro crater one except that one you didn't get a battlepet first........ (i think, its been awhile, can't remember).

12 hours ago, forsettii said:

Those were long and drawn out.  This might be fun.

Was a big fan of the old Winterspring chain, I don't like the "do X dailies, get a mount" thing though.

11 hours ago, xAndromedax said:

Aww im so looking forward to this!!! Brings back memories of raising your own mount x) 

Raising? That sounds.. player-housing related. CONFIRMED?

My question is, can you only get one of the mounts if you have all the pet. I just got the Snowfeather mount one and just finished the dungeon quest with the Sharptalon hatchling but it is no longer getting quests.

@Stan

Ok so there are 4 Falcosaur Quests.  15 Quests for Each.

15 * 4 * 25,000 (if you have all Heirlooms) xp per turn in for a lower level character.  this is what I am getting on my Priest.  (That toon went from 7 - 26 already with almost 0 work.)

Thus about 1,500,000 xp to level if you just turn in these quests on level a low level character.

Redit - dkJXwsI.png

Which would get to you between 50 - 60 on an alt.  if you wanted to level but not level another character.  

Just a thought I wanted to share with you.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2016 at 5:43 AM, Blainie said:

Raising? That sounds.. player-housing related. CONFIRMED?

Ahhh so sorry just saw this comment! I guess the article i read before the release was wrong since you don't exactly raise your pet to be a mount :P But either way its nice to have a pet + mount alike and they also love each other since i saw some heart emotes :P

On 16.11.2016 at 8:28 PM, xAndromedax said:

Ahhh so sorry just saw this comment! I guess the article i read before the release was wrong since you don't exactly raise your pet to be a mount :P But either way its nice to have a pet + mount alike and they also love each other since i saw some heart emotes :P

so disappointed right now

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Check out all the Shaman changes that went live in the second War Within Alpha build.
      Shaman
      Restoration Shaman - Restoration Shaman core passive Increases damage/healing by 13%: 8%: Ascendance, Chain Heal, Earth Shield, Healing Rain, Healing Stream Totem, Restorative Mists, Surge of Earth, Earth Shield, Healing Rain, Healing Stream Totem, Restorative Mists, Surge of Earth, Tidebringer, Unleash Life, Wellspring Increases periodic damage/healing by 13%: 8%: Ascendance, Chain Heal, Earth Shield, Healing Rain, Healing Stream Totem, Restorative Mists, Surge of Earth, Tidebringer, Unleash Life, Wellspring Drinking Horn Cover - The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is extended by 0.4 0.5 sec for every Chi you spend." Tempest Strikes - Stormstrike, Ice Strike, and Lava Lash have a 100% chance to discharge electricity at your target, dealing [ 35% of Attack Power ] Nature damage." Ancestral Swiftness (new) - Your next healing or damaging spell is instant, costs no mana, and deals 10% increased damage and healing. If you know Nature's Swiftness, it is replaced by Ancestral Swiftness and causes Ancestral Swiftness to call an Ancestor to your side. (Instant, 45 sec cooldown)
    • By Stan
      Next, we're looking at the Priest changes that went live in the second Alpha build. We've got some updates to Discipline's Atonement, and some tweaks to Shadow Priest's Collapsing Void.
      Priest
      Shadow Embrace - Shadow Bolt applies Shadow Embrace, increasing your damage dealt to the target by 1.5% 4% for 16 sec. Stacks up to 3 2 times. Drain Soul : Drain Soul applies Shadow Embrace, increasing your damage dealt to the target by 1.5% 2% for 16 sec. Stacks up to 3 4 times. Atonement - Power Word: Shield, Flash Heal, Renew, Power Word: Radiance, and Power Word: Life apply Atonement to your target for 15 sec. Your spell damage heals all targets affected by Atonement for 40% 35% of the damage done. Healing increased by 50% 70% when not in a raid. Collapsing Void - Each time Penance damages or heals, Entropic Rift is expanded by 1 yd. After Entropic Rift ends, it collapses, rapidly dealing [ 120% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage up to 8 times to a random enemy, based on how many times it expanded. Each time Penance damages or heals, Entropic Rift is empowered, increasing its damage and size by 20%. After Entropic Rift ends, it collapses, dealing [ 500% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage split between all nearby enemies.
    • By Staff
      While the big War Within pre-patch news is certainly Dynamic Flight being added to old mounts, the system is also adding a new option for Dracthyr! 
      Since players will be able to switch between Dynamic Flight and regular "static" flying, Dracthyr will gain the ability to fly like a regular old flying mount, including properly just hovering mid-air and looking cool. Here's MrGM's short video of the feature, where we can see that the race still retains the Soar liftoff animation, even with static flying:
    • By Staff
      Alliance players will be able to obtain three new wolf mounts soon. Check them out!
      Wolves are typical for the Horde and so Blizzard decided to give Alliance players access to some as well in the near future through the Trading Post.
      [PH] Alliance Wolf Mount Purple

[PH] Alliance Wolf Mount Red

White

• By Stan
      The latest Paladin changes on War Within Alpha include adjustments to the Retribution mastery and some Hero Talent tweaks.
      Paladin
      Mastery: Highlord's Judgment - Increases Holy damage done by 12.0%. Judgment has a 12.0% chance to blast the target with the Light, dealing [ 80% 120% of Attack Power ] Holy damage. Beacon of Virtue - Apply a Beacon of Light to your target and 4 injured allies within 30 yds for 8 sec. All affected allies will be healed for 15% of the amount of your other healing done. Your Flash of Light and Holy Light on these targets will also grant 1 Holy Power. Judge, Jury and Executioner - Increases the critical strike chance of Judgment 10%. Divine Storm has a 40% chance to cause your next Templar's Verdict to hit an additional 3 targets. Vanguard of Justice - Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm cost 1 additional Holy Power and deal 20% increased damage. Enemies hit by Templar's Verdict take 30% increased damage from your next Divine Storm. Hammerfall - Your Holy Powers spending abilities call Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm calls down an Empyrean Hammer on a nearby enemy. While Shake the Heavens is active, this effect calls down an additional Empyrean Hammer.