FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Saphirro

Simcraft buggy?

Hey guys,

i start using this https://www.simulationcraft.org/ and after simcraft my weights are following:

Agi    Crit    Vers    Haste    Mastery
Scale Factors    9.61    8.91    7.86    7.85    5.17
Normalized      0.00    0.00    0.00    0.00    0.00
Scale Deltas     1138    1138    1138    1138    1138
Error                  0.36    0.36    0.36    0.35    0.36
Gear Ranking    wowhead
Optimizers    askmrrobot
Ranking    Agi > Crit > Vers ~= Haste > Mastery

thats my gear http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Yomammasofat/simple (maybe will be outdated till u look at it but its FB talent)

since i have 50% crit unbuffed and in fight 55% (thanks to trinket) and only 3% haste with trink proc ~12-13% i feel odd that vers is still above haste. So if u are using different simcraft can you check if the numbers match?

PS with my CB instead of FB my stats are something like crit 9.7 mastery 8.4 haste 8.36 versa 8.30.

Edited by Saphirro

Issue isn't with SimC, I think you aren't seeing the whole picture. What Im about to say is very general, the numbers are used to describe an idea not actual math.

The reason why haste/crit/mastery changes in value is because as you get more of one, the others gain value and at times the value of one changes due to DR or scaling. 

Example, haste and crit often bounce around because the more you hit/cast the more chances there are for something to crit, thus crit gains value. Say you start out with a 5% chance to crit every 3 seconds (about 1 critical hit per minute), you then get enough haste that you're hitting every 1.5 seconds you've now doubled the number of hits (about 2 critical hits per minute). Now if you add some crit so that you're at a 10% crit chance you're getting a LOT more value from the crit since you're also hitting much more often. That's why the value of haste, crit, and mastery change a good bit with gear.

Look at verse though - it doesn't really change. It is a static gain no matter what. 1% gain is 1% regardless of weather that 1% is going from 10% to 11% or if it is going from 50% to 51%. 1% is 1%.

In fact, verse can get stronger even since as you gear up verse is still giving you that flat gain where as crit and haste might do weird stuff like haste capping at the GCD or crit getting so high that a non crit is rare enough that more crit rating doesn't help much. AND god forbid that if you have a PROC trinket it can make those numbers even more screwy and cap out faster. If you're statically at 1.3 second cast on a 1 second GCD and blood lust takes you to 1.01 second, a haste proc pushes you over the edge into uselessness where as verse can't do that.

All of that to say, this doesn't mean that the value of verse never changes - just that if it doesn't change it really isn't surprising and not cause for alarm.

5 hours ago, Lockybalboa said:

Issue isn't with SimC, I think you aren't seeing the whole picture. What Im about to say is very general, the numbers are used to describe an idea not actual math.

The reason why haste/crit/mastery changes in value is because as you get more of one, the others gain value and at times the value of one changes due to DR or scaling. 

Example, haste and crit often bounce around because the more you hit/cast the more chances there are for something to crit, thus crit gains value. Say you start out with a 5% chance to crit every 3 seconds (about 1 critical hit per minute), you then get enough haste that you're hitting every 1.5 seconds you've now doubled the number of hits (about 2 critical hits per minute). Now if you add some crit so that you're at a 10% crit chance you're getting a LOT more value from the crit since you're also hitting much more often. That's why the value of haste, crit, and mastery change a good bit with gear.

Look at verse though - it doesn't really change. It is a static gain no matter what. 1% gain is 1% regardless of weather that 1% is going from 10% to 11% or if it is going from 50% to 51%. 1% is 1%.

In fact, verse can get stronger even since as you gear up verse is still giving you that flat gain where as crit and haste might do weird stuff like haste capping at the GCD or crit getting so high that a non crit is rare enough that more crit rating doesn't help much. AND god forbid that if you have a PROC trinket it can make those numbers even more screwy and cap out faster. If you're statically at 1.3 second cast on a 1 second GCD and blood lust takes you to 1.01 second, a haste proc pushes you over the edge into uselessness where as verse can't do that.

All of that to say, this doesn't mean that the value of verse never changes - just that if it doesn't change it really isn't surprising and not cause for alarm.

i know how it works but since i read several post pple with different stats says their versa/haste is already above crit and they have less or even much less crit. Since i cant figure out crit diminish returns. 

Im not saying its wrong but even my friend says simcraft is buggy so im just trying to figure out if its true or not.