FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kainito

Haste Cap

If you're headed for the first major breakpoint, then you need 12.5% Haste when you are NOT raid/food/flask buffed.

Hi Kainito

I found the following site very helpful

http://www.askmrrobo...amanrestoration

or for "Haste Cards"http://www.totemspot.../entry.php?b=41

If you can get to the healing stream totem +2 it makes your totems quite effective

I checked my combat logs after reading Stoves post below. Sometimes I got the extra ticks from the totems but more often I didn't. Scratch the idea of using theory craft to aim for healing totem haste points.

Enjoy

Edited by grautod

ok, so..... break points I see, but again, 12.5 is basically the max, well for me being low geared, but again, my question is really is it worth hitting the 12.5 before raid buffs? anything beyond 12.5 is wasted in a sense that I don't get another tick of whatever hot I have going

Using just the gear I currently have, not "oh well if you get this gear you can do this" it seems like anything above 7.5 non raid buffed is not worth it if I can't hit the 20% breakpoint

Edited by kainito

Looking at this amazing site http://www.icy-veins...ority-reforging

It gives you enough info to work out that if you put ~335 (bit more to account for latency just in case so say 450-500) of you mastery to haste you will get the following;

At 12.5% haste, you gain an additional tick of Posted ImageEarthliving Weapon. In the process of reaching this cap, you also get an additional tick of Posted ImageRiptide (at 8.3% haste) and an additional tick of Posted ImageHealing Rain (at 10% haste).

Which for the extra ticks I would say that is worth losing ~450 mastery. This figure is assuming you have either 5% spell haste or ancestral swiftness. If your raid has both what you have about 871 is wasted for adding hot ticks but will be useful for speeding up your heals and therefore increasing throughput.

Depending what you raid comp is like (other healers and 10or25), I would be very tempted at dropping you mastery even further and putting it into crit. But thats just me =)

Edit: Also yes I agree beyond 12.5% can seem wasted, and it will be at times. But it accomodates for latency and allows quicker casts ... talking of only a few hundred stat over, this is miniscule but still that fraction of a section on abilities can add up throughout long fights.

So unless you will be at or above the next cap, only add enough to be sure you are benefiting from what you have (accomodating for latency).

Edited by Xinto

In 10's and at low gear levels, I wouldn't really say that going for the 12.5% cap is really worth it. It's only Earthliving, which in 10s (especially when you aren't able to chain cast Healing Rain) does comparatively little healing. I would much prefer to use Crit or something.

Small note on Totem breakpoints: The theorycraft is sound but the evidence shows that server lag ruins the functionality. You effectively do not see an extra tick at the breakpoint, so focusing on hitting one of those isn't something you should be doing. If you're going for a Haste build (only recommended for high ilvls) then you will get on average more ticks.

• Like 1