Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reoz

Problems with DPS at 10-man Lei Shen Heroic

3 posts in this topic

First of all - sorry for my probably bad english and thank you guys for this forum and the huge amount of useful information. Posted Image

Im playing warlock for a few month now. Before that i had a break for about a year and before that i played protection-paladin for about 5 years. So i guess im a bit a warlock newb. I tried to get the knowhow in a short time and did read pretty much every guide available in the internet. Lately i startet to learn simecraft but im not that good with it right now.

After finally getting the Unerring Vision of Lei Shen (sadly only the LFR version with ca. 120 sec cooldown, if it is right what im reading) and the Legendary Metagem i decided to go demonology all the way.

Sometimes is got really nice proccs at the start of the Lei Shen fight (about 350k DPS) with a modified (since i'm human and no engineer etc.) opener that

. On the other hand, i'm a cold noodle without proccs and i'm dropping really really behind. Yesterday (i tried affliction the first two trys but i got a bad feeling and switched back) we had a try where we could reach the second intermission but the boss killed a few people with this AOE since the damage was to low. I was at the end of the meters with about 110k DPS and you all know that questions after this.

I know that demonology really depends on the trinket proccs and the most time i only have one target with 100% crit doom rolling. Is it worth to change something? Did i do something really wrong with gearing/reforging etc. or is my DPS pretty normal. Maybe i should switch the specc or w/e.

Thank you guys for the help, i'm really depressd cause i was far behind before i got the trinket and my legendary metagem (all others had it cause i startet playing at a late point in the content) and now im bad again with all the hope i had with this two things.

I follow the guidelines from sparkuggz guides with the 8100 haste-breakpoints and then i put everything in mastery. Rotation is the suggested one on icy-veins guides and i have problems with capping hand of guldan at the last second and switching into metamorp (but not all the time). That is all i can say about my playstyle and i hope that will help you guys seeing things.

Battle.net-Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Reoz/simple

Logs from wednesday: http://worldoflogs.c...xecwme9aojc9bu/

Logs from thursday: http://worldoflogs.c...moa7zxvrta6kqk/

Logs from sunday: http://worldoflogs.c...sum/damageDone/

Kind regards and thanks for the help,

Reoz Posted Image

Edited by Heartblood

Doing my best to decipher your logs based on damage done by spell. Your DPS isn't going to be tied to your reforging. It will, however, be tied to your trinket procs. Seeing your guild amass wipes after 2-4 minutes repeatedly is going to make your opening DPS very unreliable as sometimes you'll get procs, sometimes you won't. The best way to avoid a lack of a proc is to not release and be res'd by someone running back. This will prevent you from switching zones which resets the internal timer on your trinket for a increased proc rates.

Lei Shen is NOT a DPS race...at least not anymore with the high item levels people are running around with. Your guild must work harder to avoid dying to things, not boosting your DPS. Your logs don't indicate DPS issues at all. They indicate your team not spreading out for Diffusion and adding a ton of adds. In your few attempts where you reached P3, it looks like panic sunk in and you all had many Diffusion adds spawn due to not spreading out. P1 Lei Shen is boring, dull, and annoying to repeat. There's nothing to watch out for. P2 Lei Shen is all about having 3 people outside of melee range to control Ball Lightning spawns and avoiding Lightning Whip. This phase is also trivial. P3 Lei Shen is ALL about keeping Diffusion in check while keeping Thunderstruck damage minimized by utilizing high movement players to force the spawn far from the group. If you control Diffusion adds and keep Ball Lightning in check, P3 is super easy. Each person is responsible for not spawning more than 1 Diffusion add and making sure you don't spawn 8+ Ball Lightnings. If each team can handle the transition and not die to stupid things like not stacking for Static Shock or falling off because of Helm of Command, then you'll be fine.

Also, I don't see Timewarp anywhere on your 7+ minute attempts. I'm thinking you made it to P3, but elected not to Timewarp? You should be Timewarping AS SOON as you enter P3 because your DPS CDs should be up as well as having a bit of time to maximize DPS. Some classes are going to have a difficult time lining all their procs up while having to deal with the winds and Thunderstruck.

TL;DR: Your damage is fine. Your raid team needs to work on surviving. Lei Shen is a survival fight, not a DPS race.

Many thanks for your time on the logs and the detailed answer. That was some great information. Posted Image