FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hinari20099

Unholy DPS help

Hi so I've been playing unholy for pvp most of my wow life and now am trying pve for the first time and having trouble managing my runic power to optimize my dps. I have an 855 item level and can barely hold 190-210k dps after burst with food buff and prepot. Here are some mythic Nythendra logs from my guilds run last night and a link to my armory:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BjPFqVAnNm3ycYRp/#type=damage-done&source=25

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Phersephóne/simple

Before I got the double doom point on my artifact relic I was able to manage around 250k dps just fine. I think I'm messing up death coil and scourge of the world procs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Just putting my opinion out on a couple little things, you should be running Pestilent Pustules for your level 57 talent, this is a massive gain to dps. Also, death coils will get very annoying, it's much better to make sure you maintain no more than 3 runes off cd at once, it's totally fine to go over in runic power, especially with the double doom talent. The only time you should be prioritizing NOT going over in runic power is if your rotation starts to slow down and you get times where you're doing nothing. Other than that, you should be spamming fester/scourge strikes to pop those festering wounds, since they're you primary source of damage.

• Like 2

Just checking out your xavius kill, you only seemed to have popped 1 army of the dead (i could be wrong) you can get 2 on that fight, I suggest you check out the thread at the top of the DK forum for the unholy dps tips for EN i have a rather comprehensive guide to every fight, as well as talent suggestions. Like Daethnight said you should be using Pestilent Pustules using any of the others is just out of the question currently. You missed a lot of soul reapers, and apocs with delaying of the casts but considerable amounts, so i would suggest you start using those off CD better. You seemingly overcapped a lot on runes just watching the replay feature there was multiple times where you used festering strike at 7 wounds or 6 wounds, which isn't ideal unless you are aiming for apoc, but even then festering striking at 7 isn't optimal. You had 1 or 2 soul reapers where you got 0 haste buffs which ofcourse is a huge loss in dps. Dot uptime could be slightly better but overall is fine.

As far as your questions about the whole runic corruption thing, i assume you are asking about that because you are having rune problems, Pestilent Pustules will provide significantly more runes.

TLDR: Wrong talents, CDs not used 100% optimally, overcapping on wounds.

Also I know it's hard but i would suggest trying to find better trinkets asap, finding 2 strength crit trinkets is hugely advised.

Edited by Drtain
  • Like 2

don't you think that our single target damage (without wrists) is kinda low? i mean normal damage, without using army and gargoyle, for short period figts one after another. im pulling 250k on single target with 880 ilvl and 2 legendaries (ring and shoulders). i think we miss some sort of short CD that could be use often, every 1-2 minutes, something more than soul reaper. i also think we should be doing more damage with our normal rotation, and army could be tuned down to compensate that. what's your thoughts about unholy in single target

7 hours ago, Muzgu said:

don't you think that our single target damage (without wrists) is kinda low? i mean normal damage, without using army and gargoyle, for short period figts one after another. im pulling 250k on single target with 880 ilvl and 2 legendaries (ring and shoulders). i think we miss some sort of short CD that could be use often, every 1-2 minutes, something more than soul reaper. i also think we should be doing more damage with our normal rotation, and army could be tuned down to compensate that. what's your thoughts about unholy in single target

Do you have any logs for raids ? And your armory too would be good.

I see 240k in 860 gear which is mainly gear I have picked up while tanking. so your dps at that gear level is odd but it depends on your stats too.