FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Crutches

UH AoE DPS Rotation

Hey guys, i've got a question about the AoE dps rotation for Unholy.  Assuming you're dealing with a pack of 3+, the Icy Veins 7.1 guide says to pop D&D then stack more than 3+ wounds on a target before you cast SS.  I've always Outbreak -> D&D -> SS until no runes left/D&D expires and had pretty great results with it.  My thoughts were to get as many SS in on the targets as possible before D&D ended, even if there were no wounds on the target. 

So, first part of my question:  Should i prioritize maintaining wound stacks on the target before i spam SS? I've been popping D&D right after we engage (right after outbreak).  Should i postpone it and build some wounds on the target and try to fish scourge of worlds procs before i pop D&D?

Second part of my question:  The guide also says to death coil when nearing cap.  I've never bothered death coiling during D&D's uptime, as i feel like the opportunity cost of losing SS dps is too much.  

Thanks!

It's dependant on how long the mobs live for, if they're dying quick you have to take a less of a "build up approach"

If you're killing them quickly then only worry about applying FW on one mob then cast D&D and SS away.
If you're doing the later mythic +'s
Outbreak > Cast DT > FS (to apply FW on 1-3 mobs, multi-tagging) > SR (on mob with 3+ FW) > Cast D&D > SS  (on the SR mob)
DC fishing will only become apparent in the later mythics as you'll have the downtime after SS spam to fish for procs but don't prioritise it over SS whilst D&D is up.

Edited by Skorn

More or less depends on length mobs will live, if you have infected claw also a factor. But if mobs will die within say 5 seconds don't worry about wounds, if they will die with 10 seconds or more get a couple wounds, then dnd+SS.

what I found usefull on the "spiderboss" in Emerald is to have 4+ stacks on the boss when she pulls herself up the skies. When coming down, our 2nd tank collects spiders and we kill them near the boss.

I then put a DnD in, and just strike the boss, cleaving the adds heavily. bingo.

in other situations: small mobs just SS, other long living packs first FS then SS. Example are the very first pack when entering the 2-Dragons in Emerald: put stacks on the big add (the one casting fire rain every now and then), some death coils to gain some new runes, put DND and SS the poop out of them :)