FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wgizmo

[Fire]866 ilv and low dmg/dps help please.

Hi, i do have farm status in HC NE and we just did 1/7 Mythic but my dps is very low. On logs its says i push around 35-60% only from my ilvl.

Here are my logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pka4r1tMwQ6L9qd2#fight=2&type=damage-done&start=1327361&end=1545174

Its Ursoc fight from last night and I know for sure I did die at end a d I do use wrong pots as lacking on gold atm.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pka4r1tMwQ6L9qd2#fight=6&type=damage-done&start=4897744&end=5115933

In this logs there is more fights. Problem for me atm is pots and I know i do something wrong out of burst phase. I do miss something but cant find what. Thats why I did stuck in dead end. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Wgizmo

Going to be short and sweet.  As with the past few people I have looked over, you too are missing conversions.  You missed 8 total fireball crits that went into a heating up proc.  You did not convert them.  Those conversions could have translated into at least 8 more pyros, maybe more due to pyromaniac.

You are using living bomb, let me put that into perspective for you.  Your living bomb did you a total of 239k damage.  This was a total of 0.32% of your damage done throughout the Nythendra fight.  You should be using Unstable Magic, not Living Bomb.

Now, lets look at my stats on the same fight in heroic.  Your Fireball did a total of 11.75m damage with 83 casts.  I did a total of 15.56m damage with 100 casts.  With Unstable Magic, it adds to your fireball damage.  Unstable Magic damage totaled 1.9m damage.  My base Fireball did only 13.66m damage.

As you can see, Unstable Magic does a LOT more than 239k damage.  It did 1.58% of my total damage.  It's passive, I don't have to remember to push a button, granted you only used 2 Living Bombs, it goes to show how worthless it can actually be.  It doesn't do more damage than Unstable Magic for one, but for two if you forget to use it, it's a wasted talent.

You aren't using potions.  You're in Heroic and Mythic Content.  You should be pre-potting and using another one during the course of the fight.  You want to use Deadly Graces.  Just an FYI, Deadly Graces can add up to 140k dps.

Lucky for you, you seem to have a good understanding on the Combustion+ROP phase.  Work on it slightly more and you can get 7 Pyros out instead of 6, but overall good job.

So there you have it, you can add up to 140k dps from pots alone, and you can add pure overall DPS through a passive talent.

Ensure you're keeping your combustion phase right, use ice floes for movement, melt faces.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help and i will get back as soon I get improvment. 

One more question i forgot to ask. What is the best way to gear up? Simcraft plus pawn and see upgrades and ware them then run sim again to check stats weight or base on ask mr robot?

Yep, seeing the same pathetic problem again with this xpac and fire mage.  869 and horrible dps and it is not a RoP+Combustion rotation problem.  Very methodically paying attention to Wriggling Sinew on CD along with RoP+Combustion.  Bottom line is again, movement and a 1.73 cast time on fireball between CD's on burst talents and having to move constantly and start another cast and then having to move again.  In heroic ToV Odyn, sat there and moved, and moved, and moved and moved oh, and moved or got targeted with spinning blades right after going into a burst mode.  Again, it can't be everyone having the problem, its the required movements in the fights that is KILLING fire mage dps. Just my two cents.  Been fighting this all xpac.

1 hour ago, Kozzie said:

Yep, seeing the same pathetic problem again with this xpac and fire mage.  869 and horrible dps and it is not a RoP+Combustion rotation problem.  Very methodically paying attention to Wriggling Sinew on CD along with RoP+Combustion.  Bottom line is again, movement and a 1.73 cast time on fireball between CD's on burst talents and having to move constantly and start another cast and then having to move again.  In heroic ToV Odyn, sat there and moved, and moved, and moved and moved oh, and moved or got targeted with spinning blades right after going into a burst mode.  Again, it can't be everyone having the problem, its the required movements in the fights that is KILLING fire mage dps. Just my two cents.  Been fighting this all xpac.

Movements are part of the mechanics.  That is why they gave us Ice floes.

Yo, ok I found the problem. I do burst off all my spells like:

FB till hot streak then Rop+Comb then Pyro,FB,Pyro,FB,Pyro,Flame on, FB, Pyro, FB, Pyro, PF,....and cast second Rop after this and use rest of PF i dont have anything to use during cd of 1st and second Rop. What i mean I do burst of around 600-800k in around 20 sec or so and then my dps going down till 250-300. What if I use scorch in rotation and keep PF for second Rop? To dont use PF at all in comb. Problem for me is to keep my dps more stable as afyer comb burst I dont ha e anything.

Not using PF during a burn is hurting your DPS.  Consider PF to be on par with Pyro in output of dps.

Using scorch will hurt your dps, not aid it.