FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Choutou

Inconsistent and low dps

Hi guys, heres some links to start out

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderlord/Choutou/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/x1HJTmYthrkV2ByN

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NB1wLTDYbpQKyazq

Unfortunately we just started logging raids so I dont have much more info yet.  Basically, I follow the standard rotation, but I feel like I never pull what the sims say I should (yeah, I know they arent always accurate) and I get outpaced or matched by shamans with slightly lower gear, or same gear.  I think I could tighten up my rotation a bit based on what Ive read in other similar posts to this.  Do you guys always save DW for SS procs, or pop it straight off?  I think I probably use lava lash too often, but I find myself going for LOOOONG stretches without SS procs. If youre in the middle of a mass of SS procs and flametongue drops, do you bother to reapply it in between?  What about hailstorm?  Any gear comments? Any tips/advice is appreciated.

I try to keep up Hailstorm everytime...i read in here that is one of our main Dmg.Skills and so i tried it...and it worked. DPS increase by ~8-10% depending on boss. If Flametongue drops of the boss while a hail-mary-SS-procc ignore FT and spam SS till your keyboard crashes. The Dmg done by FT is very low so you would lose much more DPS if you "ignore" your SS procc.

I use Lavalash from time to time to gain Doom Vortex and to dump maelstrom if i got over 110 an no SS proc...but just because i chosed the wrong way in may artifact weapon.

Downtime on Frostbrand and Boulderfist hurts, plus slightly low usage of Stormstrike. You use it on average every 4.3 seconds and most of my logs are closer to every 3 seconds, even with a lower level of Mastery and Haste than you have. And I do keep up all of my buffs, including Flametongue.

Only 5 usages of Doom Winds, you could have had 7. I like to line it up with Stormbringer procs because of the attack speed buff from your Wind Strikes artifact ability.

Hey bud, I was having the same issues when I started out. I swore I was doing everything right. Now I was, but me, being a noob, didn't realize I was letting my boulderfist buff drop off pretty consistently. I suggest you pick up weakauras and start watching your buffs. Practice on target dummies and so forth and just watch your buffs. Make sure you keep both your weapon buffs up as well as your boulderfist up at all times. Once you get used to it, you should start seeing your numbers climb in to what they are supposed to be. Like I said, I was doing the same thing as you (what it sounds at least). Now I'm pulling good dps. Hope this helps.