FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shade

How to embed a youtube video?

How do you embed a youtube video in a post? Everytime I try and do it, it only displays either the webaddress or makes it a link.

I've tried [m edia] [/m edia], [embed] [/embed] both do not work for me. I had to add spaces in the media so i could show the bracket code.

Edited by Shade
  • Like 1

I'm afraid I don't know that. This is perhaps something that Vlad/Damien could tell us!

Well, IDK... I just simply copied the link, pressed the post button, and it automatically embeded it for me.

Lol, Ive been searching around for you, and I actually found the answer on PAGE2 of google. wich is more effort than I've ever put in anything.

Turns out this is rather different for each forum. For this forum however it is very simple.

Go to the youtube vid you want. Copy the link in the adress bar. (For the newbies > this is the bar where you type your sitename.)

then just paste it in a reply and post comment.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g

It will automaticly put the [*media][*/media] (Without the * ofc) shit around it, you should not do this yourself.

Thank you very much Icy-veins, for not overcomplicating sh^t.

#EDIT: Dang Oltier beat me to it. Good vid u picked there man. I prefer Diamonds arent forever tho.

Cheers Shine.

P.S. be sure to feel the nostalgia.

Edited by Shine
  • Like 1

Hah! Fantastic. Honestly didn't expect that to work Posted Image

Me neither, yet some dude mentioned it in a video somewhere. I tried it and it worked. He also mentioned that if you paste the link and it automaticly makes a link out of it (it will become blue and underlined) you should select it and break the link. (Theres an unlink button next to the link button). However Icy-Veins doesn't seem to do this, therefore again making things easy. Edited by Shine
  • Like 1

lol haha, well thanks guys.. seriously didn't think it was that simple. Who would of guessed lol.

Well I just tried it on my other forum post where I was trying to post my video. I left just the youtube link to my video and it leaves it as a link..

Where is the rocket science that obviously I'm missing here.

Ah HAHA! if the web address has HTTPS that most youtube videos have, it creates it as a link and won't embed the video... so just remove the S in httpS and presto chango... it works.

cool... wow.. i feel dumb, yet satisfied lol

Again, thanks guy. I honestly didn't expect anyone to help out like you guys have.

Edited by Shade
  • Like 1

You can use

[center]

and

[/center]

to center the video when you embed it ;)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, georgemacin said:

Hope this will help you to....embedded youtube video

Macin

Please do not necro threads that are 3 years old. You can now just post the link into your reply since over a year ago.

Will be locking the thread.