FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Razile

Help with arms rotation

Hi all, i am a prot war with a arms offspec and i think im doing something wrong with my rotation,

my rotation is:

CS

MS

Slam

OP

OP (or CS if SD procced)

When i use my cds

BB+Reck+Banner

DR

CS

MS

Slam

Slam

Slam (or CS if SD procced)

and my execute phase is simply built up rage to use when i have CS up (CS, spam EXE until i have rage, then MS and free op to build rage)

am i doing something wrong?can i squeeze more dps? this is my armory http://eu.battle.net....azile/advanced (yes, i miss some enchant)

thanks to anyone who wants to help a fellow warrior Posted Image

PS: oh i forgot, i have gaze LFR in my bags...but seems to me that last order are better for my dps, am i wrong?

Edited by Razile

Rotations off.

Arms rotation slipps between two phases; When CS is up and you want to squeeze as much Damage in as possible, and When CS is down, when you want to as cheaply as possible proc Sudden doom

So when CS isn't up or available you want to basically follow the MS>OP>OP>OP rotation and cruise along generating rage until you get a sudden doom proc or CS comes off CD You never want to delay an MS ever, Not even for CS, it's your primary means of Enraging, Generates Rage and allows the use your cheapest offensive ability.

now once CS is up you have 4.5s to fit in as much damage as possible, SLam has the highest damage per GCD, you're going to have to slip an MS in there somewhere, and if you get a CS proc that should be the last GCD. However if you slip an OP in there aswell you can with 4 GCDs into a single CS

so something like

0.0 CS

1.5 OP

2.5 MS

4.0 Slam

5.5 CS/Slam

The exact order doesn't really matter as long as you use MS on CD , and remember to slip an OP in before the last GCD inside the CS (that should preferable be a CS or any ability except OP.

As to CDs, if Recklessness is up ditch OP from your rotation and in the execute phase main tain the normal CSup/down roations exchanging execute for slam in the CS up phase and Op for execute in the CS down phase if you're going to cap rage.

Hey chap,

Firstly, everything you need to know about the Arms rotations is here: https://www.icy-veins.com/arms-warrior-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities. Follow the instructions there, and your rotation issues should be fixed. Note of course that it may not be your rotation that is the issue, so do check the rest of the guide.

Now just going from what you've put there, you'd benefit from prioritising OP ahead of Slam. Also ensure you're hitting MS on cool down as it is your rage generator, and refresh CS when the debuff wears off. Lastly, I don't see HS in your rotation which is critical as a rage dump.

Cheers!

Rotations off.

Arms rotation slipps between two phases; When CS is up and you want to squeeze as much Damage in as possible, and When CS is down, when you want to as cheaply as possible proc Sudden doom

So when CS isn't up or available you want to basically follow the MS>OP>OP>OP rotation and cruise along generating rage until you get a sudden doom proc or CS comes off CD You never want to delay an MS ever, Not even for CS, it's your primary means of Enraging, Generates Rage and allows the use your cheapest offensive ability.

now once CS is up you have 4.5s to fit in as much damage as possible, SLam has the highest damage per GCD, you're going to have to slip an MS in there somewhere, and if you get a CS proc that should be the last GCD. However if you slip an OP in there aswell you can with 4 GCDs into a single CS

so something like

0.0 CS

1.5 OP

2.5 MS

4.0 Slam

5.5 CS/Slam

The exact order doesn't really matter as long as you use MS on CD , and remember to slip an OP in before the last GCD inside the CS (that should preferable be a CS or any ability except OP.

As to CDs, if Recklessness is up ditch OP from your rotation and in the execute phase main tain the normal CSup/down roations exchanging execute for slam in the CS up phase and Op for execute in the CS down phase if you're going to cap rage.

that rotation is very similar to mine, so anyway when cs is up slam>op but i use op anyway so i can fit a gcd inside the cs window?never use slam outside of cs?

and about the execute phase, so my rotation outside cs will be MS-EXE-EXE-EXE?(ofc if i dont have rage ill use OP)

and when i use my cs what ability should i use first?should i wait for MS?or shoul use MS, then use my cds, use DR, then CS then follow the rotation?

oh and yes, i forgot about heroic strike, i always use it when im gonna cap rage and i am in the middle of a gcd or when using MS would cap my rage

Razile:

Good morning! I apologize for my absence as I have been gone all weekend and up until last night. I have updated my "guide" here on Icy Veins to include how I manage my rotation. Please keep in mind that it does not include Cooldown management; it is strictly a rotation guide for single target encounters.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to post there or ask here. I hope it helps.

Welcome to the warrior forum boards!