FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alben

LOW MM DPS PLS HELP

Hi everyone,

not the first time i ask about my issues in handling my MM hunter (i'm new to the class) but still i'm missing something important.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FdvfbhgHaxj8cGtJ#source=21&fight=1

As you may eventually see from my yesterday's logs, i barely manage to stay on a "green" ranking bracketwise, even after all the help i got from this forum (still a couple of weeks ago i was quite always on the greyish part of the same ranking).

Obviously i read Azor guide many times, have a decent gear masterywise, track Vulnerable debuff with WA, use potions and consumable and so forth, but basically i realized that my main issue is with how many AiS i can fit in during a fight = too few of them by a large margin, as you can check below:

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/FdvfbhgHaxj8cGtJ/115306995/1

Ofc my goal is not to trail for entering Method, but on the other hand i feel like i'm missing so much of potential damage not really understanding where or how i do miss it, like logs obviously reports.

Thank you for any feedback and happy hunting.

Thank you Fatz, haste value is actually one thing i always think about.

I may "downgrade" my ilvl a bit changing head, shoulders and gloves to replace crit with haste on them, but the question remains open as "checkmywow" is reporting me missing a lot of AiS cast @ my current haste level (54/85 on Nythendra just as an example)

Also consider i have an 870 Ursoc trinket that contributes a lot to my base haste value. Do you really think even 1000+ baseline haste more instead of crit may fix such a big gap? In any case i link also my armory. I may try tonight to swap 865 head, shoulders and gloves with 855 crafted Mastery/Haste to make a test, at that point my legendary boots and my bow will remain the only mastery crit items i wear, regardless of what pawn will tell me about this choice ;)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/pozzo-delleternita/Sciarpsciot/simple

Edited by Alben

Well im no expert in checkmywow at all as I normally go through my reports myself. Apparently my haste concern doesnt really fit as checkmywow calculates the possible amount of aimed shots regarding your focus gain (so your haste value sets the max.).

I just quickly went on my logs and let them check and I get 87/103 casts (Nynthendra mythic, which is a bit different with the whole mindcontrolled thingy) but I guess you can improve alot by using your focus.

I went back to the logs and saw that you were quite a lot focus capped. Mid fight you were capped for like 30 seconds constantly (i dont know what happend, as I dont have too much time to go into all the details now) but that seems like a huge dmg loss. And according to checkmywow you spent 35% of the fight focuscapped (which means this is a lot of focus not used for aimedshots..).

Hope that helps a bit..

Cheers

Edited by Fatzgrind

-Nitpicking your opener : You don't seem to prepot, so you're missing out on your second potion during the 30% boss hp/trueshot phase.  You open with a Windburst that hits at 1.9 seconds, which probably means you're casting it after the countdown timer hits 1. Potion at 3 seconds, precast Windburst at ~2 seconds in the /dbm pull timer so it lands on target as soon as possible.   

Next, you go from Windburst straight into Sidewinders, which caps your focus and you don't get your first aimed shot cast until 7 seconds into the fight. With Trueshot and Lust being up, you'll have no problem spending focus.  Since you're running Crows, pop it right after Trueshot and if you don't get a Marking Targets proc, then weave an Aimed Shot in first.

-On Nythendra, my belief is that Barrage is a much better ability than Crows since Barrage gives you something to cast while you have to move and will do more damage with it overall.  Around the 2 minute mark during the bug dodging phase, you're running around and not casting anything other than Sidewinders/Marked shot for a pretty long time. Having an ability like barrage would give you windows of movement  on an otherwise stationary rotation.  You can also use disengage more to change locations.  This is doubly important because 2 minutes is when you used your second Trueshot.  Instead of getting the most out of the Trueshot window, your DPS was at a standstill as you ran around.

Compared to almost any hunter with your gear and boss kill time, you are just behind on Aimed Shots.  Watching the replay of your movement and casts, it looks like you rarely cast 2 aimed shots in a row. You seem to be casting Sidewinder after 1 Aimed Shot and keep focus capping out.   Your rotation should generally look like :  

Sidewinder -> Aimed Shot -> Aimed Shot -> Marked Shot - > Aimed Shot -> Sidewinder.

During your first Vulnerable window, you're getting 2 Aimed Shots and a Marked shot to refresh Vulnerable CD.  You should still have enough Focus to get 1 Aimed shot in before having to Sidewinder for Focus again.  As long as you're following the other rules of not Focus capping, not letting Sidewinders sit at 2 stacks, and getting in as many Aimed Shots as possible during Vulnerable windows, you'll be fine.

Hope it helps.

Also, it's not your haste.

Thank you Warcow,

i'm kinda sure i'm doing something wrong here constantly, where "here" is after the first set of:

Sidewinder -> Aimed Shot -> Aimed Shot -> Marked Shot - > Aimed Shot -> Sidewinder.

So if i have 3 AiS and 1 MS in between 2 SW, as i know i should have, what i mess up is how to restart the process

not beginning from full focus, while having to manage WB and Barrage as well.

In other words this "downtime" that i should have is something i still don't understand, as i often limit myself in only casting

what is available on cooldown.

Let me try to explain myself better: SW gives me focus, where 3AiS and 1 MS costs focus. But when i cast the 2nd SW, assuming i have a proc, i may not have enough focus for another full cycle, am i wrong? Not to mention having to fit in focuswise the cost of barrage and WB. Sorry for the confusion but probably this is the same confusion making me mass up this much ;)

42 minutes ago, Alben said:

Let me try to explain myself better: SW gives me focus, where 3AiS and 1 MS costs focus. But when i cast the 2nd SW, assuming i have a proc, i may not have enough focus for another full cycle, am i wrong? Not to mention having to fit in focuswise the cost of barrage and WB. Sorry for the confusion but probably this is the same confusion making me mass up this much ;)

This situation is exactly where haste can prove its worth... You have more focus regeneration and thus less starvation moments... they still may happen sometimes but I guess that's normal. 

Overall I can say as soon as you get some decent haste values MM feels much more fluent to play.

I am lacking some dmg for my ilvl. I am 860 but can only manage to pull around 200k, I would like to start doing heroic EN soon and want to be able to pull my own. Any help would be much Help thank you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Fàngs/simple

I have all chat systems and have a mic if need.

Edited by Fangs0707