FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cosine

Whozawhat ~ Raid Team spreadsheet and inspection webtool

**Note to Icy-Veins forum moderators at end of post.**

Whozawhat

Raid/PvP Team Inspection Software for Raid Leaders, Guild Masters, and Event Organizaers.
http://whozawhat.com

Features
  • Custom create teams
  • Quick "Spreadsheet" inspection view of team member's gear readiness
  • Detailed In-Game like "Inspection" view of a team member's gear & spec attributes
  • Calculates player's best spec, team's enchants status, and gem status.
  • Supports US and EU servers.
  • Custom forums for discussions, feature requests, qq, and making fun of Cosine.
Here are some screen shots:

Spreadsheet view:
Posted Image

Inspection view:
Posted Image

Icy-Veins Moderators:
I contacted Vlad and Damien on 10 July about posting this on Ivy-Veins. Today (12 July) Damien returned coorespondence and permitted this post in General Discussion. Thank you for your vigilance!
  • Like 2

Well as long as you're not trying to sell the tool without permission I'd have been happy with it anyway.

Moving swiftly on, what plans do you have in the pipeline with regards to other metrics? You have ilvl and WoW-Heroes but are there any other specific things that you're wanting to implement?

No, it's a free-use tool.

I think most people don't care about the WoW-Heroes score. In fact, when it was beta'd in November, a lot of folks didn't know what WH was.

So I might scrap that in order to make room for the gem check which is missing from the spreadsheet.

I think other attributes (like AP, MP5, etc) are too class/spec specific and aren't suitable for the spreadsheet, and you'll find them instead on the inspection.

I would really like to know what other, more experienced, RLs are looking for. Or even, when you're inspecting another player, what are commonly used attributes that are good to compare against other players that are class/spec agnostic.

Edited by Cosine
  • Like 1

I suppose one thing you might consider for comparison is the presence/absence of the legendary gem/cloak/maguffin.

What I'm currently working on implementing would definately allow that. Maybe putting their names in the legendary color if an item of legendary staus exists?

Something else I've been meaning to do is class and spec break downs.

Obviosly, this is groundbreaking news for those of us who love pie charts.

If you can work out a way to include Venn Diagrams you'll get all the traffic.

What guild and raid leaders look for is extremely different in terms of what they're looking for. Some guilds right now will recruit anyone to fill a hole especially if they haven't gotten 12/12 normal ToT on farm yet. They're desperately trying to recruit raiders to help them achieve that. Other guilds are looking for players who have upper tier experience in heroics and are skilled. Showing a players gearscore and spec is nice, but what most upper tier guilds are looking for are parses. Not sure what else you're willing to link to, but a raidbots link or wow-heroes link is where most good to awesome guilds inspect other players because it shows gear, reforges, gems, enchants, a scoring system for their gear, progression, and any rankings achieved. It's definitely a lot of stuff, but you can never figure out how good a player is by their item level. I've seen far too many 530 item level players be absolutely horrible and a ton of 500 item level players absolutely rock. Just throwing that in as a suggestion...otherwise, looks like a solid start.

• Like 1

http://whozawhat.misfit-toys.info/index.php?team=103

I just loaded our raid team to test it, and it looks solid except for it shows Wyyle, the Rogue, having his off-spec as Arms? Not sure if its a symbol crossing or what. Link above is a direct link to my team, if you can see it. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about...

Posted Image

One of my characters is a high-level rogue, and when I was adding the icons for their spec from one of the WoW wikis I saw that one and thought "is that really the right icon?"

Should have followed my gut.

Thanks for the heads up! Will fix.

What guild and raid leaders look for is extremely different in terms of what they're looking for. Some guilds right now will recruit anyone to fill a hole especially if they haven't gotten 12/12 normal ToT on farm yet. They're desperately trying to recruit raiders to help them achieve that. Other guilds are looking for players who have upper tier experience in heroics and are skilled. Showing a players gearscore and spec is nice, but what most upper tier guilds are looking for are parses. Not sure what else you're willing to link to, but a raidbots link or wow-heroes link is where most good to awesome guilds inspect other players because it shows gear, reforges, gems, enchants, a scoring system for their gear, progression, and any rankings achieved. It's definitely a lot of stuff, but you can never figure out how good a player is by their item level. I've seen far too many 530 item level players be absolutely horrible and a ton of 500 item level players absolutely rock. Just throwing that in as a suggestion...otherwise, looks like a solid start.

Yes! I had researched into linking from stuff like WoL, and I'll need to familiarize myself with Raidbots.

Something like that, aggregates limited by a single player, genreally isn't hard, and I like cohesion like that between sites like this.

I've been thinking of dropping the item levels to make room. We'll see. Might merge the "First Spec," "Second Spec," into one.

Ach. You've thrown me in the pool of ideas. What a start to the day.

If you can work out a way to include Venn Diagrams you'll get all the traffic.

With apologies to Jessica Hagy:

Posted Image

Edited by Cosine
  • Like 1

hehe, you drew what boobs look like when I cross my eyes.

Childish stupidity aside, some interesting things you might do is NOT drop item level. That's pretty important. You could pull the direct ranks off of raidbots (or a best rank) per current boss. While misleading because of what someone might be doing on that fight, it is SOMETHING you could pull from the logs.

If you're unfamiliar with Raidbots, you can see my logs in my signature. Basically what it does is puts your logs in a percentile across all logs of that spec. You can see if you're in the bottom or top half of players of your spec by fight.

I would get rid of "average" item level and just leave best item level unless you're trying to tie it to your best spec to let people know what their best gear is for the best spec. Difficult to do with hybrids, I'm sure. I'm just an idea guy at this point interested in seeing your product take off.

Perhaps give an option to sort characters in your team by item level, wow-heroes score, etc. rather than purely alphabetical.

• Like 1

If you're unfamiliar with Raidbots, you can see my logs in my signature. Basically what it does is puts your logs in a percentile across all logs of that spec. You can see if you're in the bottom or top half of players of your spec by fight.

I would get rid of "average" item level and just leave best item level unless you're trying to tie it to your best spec to let people know what their best gear is for the best spec. Difficult to do with hybrids, I'm sure. I'm just an idea guy at this point interested in seeing your product take off.

Perhaps give an option to sort characters in your team by item level, wow-heroes score, etc. rather than purely alphabetical.

I'd need to look at the way the data is stuctured from Blizzard, or WH again. It's likely possible to definitely know which item level belongs to which spec, but we might have to do with a guess.

Each link at the top of the spreadsheet should sort by ascending then descending. Is it only sorting by name in IE?

Nah, it works, just didn't try clicking on it. Works fine. Also, "level" is probably an unnecessary field if you're looking for room on your chart.

How about a summary of missing raid buffs based on a member selection? So that if you have a raid team of 13 (10 man raid) 10 could be selected and it would update and show missing raid buffs from that team compilation?

Thinking about this just a little more and what if you had a starters and bench break down. Checking 1 starter and 1 bench you could substitute them? The ultimate would be like a yahoo sports fantasy drag and drop scenario. Posted Image

Of course it's really nice already Cosine!

Also, "level" is probably an unnecessary field if you're looking for room on your chart.

You're probably right. I had weighed that one before, but I think I figured character level seemed too "integral" even if it is completely irrelivant to a raid group where we can safely assume the player is level cap.

Maybe when I do drop the level field, if the character is less than cap, I'll just highlite the field in red.

How about a summary of missing raid buffs based on a member selection? So that if you have a raid team of 13 (10 man raid) 10 could be selected and it would update and show missing raid buffs from that team compilation?

Thinking about this just a little more and what if you had a starters and bench break down. Checking 1 starter and 1 bench you could substitute them? The ultimate would be like a yahoo sports fantasy drag and drop scenario. Posted Image

Of course it's really nice already Cosine!

Now that is an idea! Optimizing for buffs (even if it wasn't dynamic right away as you described) is something that would belong in the aforementioned diagrams, but definitely do-able.

I tried to register for the site to play around with it, but it won't let me log in (I put in my username/password and it still just says "Login" at the top), and I can't post in the forums there because I'm not logged in. I thought maybe the authenticate e-mail link didn't go through, so I put it back in again, and got an error that the account was not found, or I already activated it. What did I break?

I tried to register for the site to play around with it, but it won't let me log in (I put in my username/password and it still just says "Login" at the top), and I can't post in the forums there because I'm not logged in. I thought maybe the authenticate e-mail link didn't go through, so I put it back in again, and got an error that the account was not found, or I already activated it. What did I break?

Email me at [email protected] and tell me which email you tried to register under.

Sorry about the post delay, was at the hourly grind.

Edit: I found the problem, and I emailed you.

Edited by Cosine

Liking the idea of having parses linked. Wondering if there's a good way to make it easier to compare healers on such things, since simple throughput isn't always what you want to know for healers.

hehe, you drew what boobs look like when I cross my eyes.

I love these forums.

• Like 1

Nice tool, i used to have some shared excel sheet on a skydrive account, where everyone of our member could manually write down his specs, so your tool is a real stepup, even if it isn´t "finished".

some minor comments:

• since the idea of providing a summary of raid buffs got its way through, maybe you could also add a diagramm about token groups, so you can see how many members of your raid are in one token group
  • how about a battle rezz counter?
  • maybe add a tooltip to the class and spec images like "Windwalker" etc.
  • in the character view, maybe you could show the percentage and the flat numbers(f.e. 7.59%/2580 Hit Rating)
i´m going to use this for my raid and would like to see more of the tool in the future

Zagam brought this up on the Proving Grounds thread https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2636-patch-54-proving-grounds-preview/#entry28873

I know this isn't implemented yet but how about linking their proving grounds score? Proving grounds score and ilvl might be a really good metric for most guilds. WoW-Heroes and Raidbots percentiles for more detailed analysis for higher end progression guilds?

Nice tool, i used to have some shared excel sheet on a skydrive account, where everyone of our member could manually write down his specs, so your tool is a real stepup, even if it isn´t "finished".

some minor comments:

• since the idea of providing a summary of raid buffs got its way through, maybe you could also add a diagramm about token groups, so you can see how many members of your raid are in one token group
  • how about a battle rezz counter?
  • maybe add a tooltip to the class and spec images like "Windwalker" etc.
  • in the character view, maybe you could show the percentage and the flat numbers(f.e. 7.59%/2580 Hit Rating)
i´m going to use this for my raid and would like to see more of the tool in the future

Really stoked your going to be using it.

You mentioned your excel document was shared. Was this solely so that members could enter their specs, so so that everyone could see the group's stats collectively?

I'm asking because I've been playing with the idea of letting users set their spreadsheet to 'public' so that it could be displayed offsite.

Can you elaborate on the diagrams portion more? You're thinking list characters by what they bring to the table, how?

Are we counting the number of potential brezes? As in, how many characters can brez?

Everything else is a can-do.

Zagam brought this up on the Proving Grounds thread http://www.icy-veins...iew/#entry28873

I know this isn't implemented yet but how about linking their proving grounds score? Proving grounds score and ilvl might be a really good metric for most guilds. WoW-Heroes and Raidbots percentiles for more detailed analysis for higher end progression guilds?

I spent some time looking into this. As a player, I like it. It will definitely work well to assign a useful, universal scoring that we can reckon to a players skill with their class/spec/role.

However, I'm worried about whether they'll drop it after MoP. They're introducing a frack ton of stuff lately. And I'm concerned about what will make it through, and what wont.

Edit: Some new changes are live.

Edited by Cosine
  • Like 2

Really stoked your going to be using it.

You mentioned your excel document was shared. Was this solely so that members could enter their specs, so so that everyone could see the group's stats collectively?

I'm asking because I've been playing with the idea of letting users set their spreadsheet to 'public' so that it could be displayed offsite.

Can you elaborate on the diagrams portion more? You're thinking list characters by what they bring to the table, how?

Are we counting the number of potential brezes? As in, how many characters can brez?

to the document:

members only put in their chars(main and raid-twink) together with both specs/ilvl

the head of the table looked like this

Name of Main - Class - First spec/ilvl - Sec Spec/ilvl --Name of Twink - Class - First spec/ilvl - Sec Spec/ilvl

out of theses infos i put together with some formulas another table which showed me the composition of our raid team

like numbers of possible tanks, heals, range and melee dps, both seperate for mains and twinks

main purposes:

• see what we lack, to search for the future or for a random to fill out a blank spot
  • being able to mix around for some bosses, that favor range dd´s or one-tank scenarios
  • suggest main changes
  • allow members to define one "raid" twink, for loot distribution(i´m master looter)
i will send you a PM with a stripped down example sheet.

diagram:

just maybe a pie or bar chart with every bar or circle sector displaying the amount of chars in a token group

f.e. you got a 3-3-4 distribution, so you would get 2 circle sectors with 108° and one with 144°

EDIT:

brez counter: yeah just a simple number of how many members of your raid team can potentially brez.

Edited by check0790

Whozawhat got covered by WoW Insider and Gamebreaker.tv

Lots of excitement ensued. Traffic explosions and the like. I haven't forgotten the things you all have suggested, and I'm looking forward to a couple of days where I get to work on Whozawhat in peace.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/07/17/new-raid-team-development-website-needs-users-and-feedback/

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/whozawhat-a-raid-leaders-best-friend/#comment-967877192

Edited by Cosine