FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Impulsus

Resto as main - Enhancement offspec- Bad idea?

I am Resto mainspec (Explained, I use it main in dungeons/mythics/LFR/Raids.)

But my problems here, is, I am Enhancement shaman in Open world, which I've now discovered is a serious problem, as my stats in resto is whole quite different..

It seems easier to be Elemental offspec, and catch up on the same stats, in resto, versus Enhancement.
My problem is, that I do so much better as Enhancement in open world, than elemental.

What is your guys' experience about this issue?

Do you have two sets of gears, or do you go elemental in open world? I have difficults figuring out, how to work on my stats as resto, when in Enhance gear, as they are very different.

I have a massive amount of Mastery, 54%, and about 20% Crit, 23% Haste. Which I'm having issues with, as I need both Haste and Crit right now, for my resto spec to work properly.

My Armory here- as Elemental, as Im trying to get that to work right now. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Impulsus/simple

Thanks guys.

I'm maining resto with Enh offspec from the start of the expansion, added Ele offpec a couple of weeks ago.

I frankly can't see any particular problem with Enh or Ele if, as you say, you are using them in open world (world quests?). Yes, I have different sets of gear for all the specs but it's nothing you have to pursuit specially - you get enough gear, relics and trinkets for off specs just playing the game and if something doesn't match perfectly, it's not a big deal imo.

I'm not sure why are you worried about the offspec that you are not using in any end game activity - would you please elaborate a bit more?

I guess, its because I mainly have going with the same set for both Enhc, and Resto.. And therefore I experienced a huge difference in the stats, offcourse.
I think I'll continue  my enhancement as I love playing that in open world, and form a new set so I have for both specs. Thanks for the quite logic answer, I see now that it was pretty dumb, using the same set for the two specs :)

None of the Shaman specs really play nice with each other, but Resto and Enhancement is no worse than Resto and Elemental, and it is much easier than trying to do Enhancement and Elemental (which I do because I never heal). The fact that Resto and Enhance both prioritize Mastery as one of their best stats is helpful.

If you are a Resto main and are just looking for an off-spec to do WQ content I would say Enhancement every damn time. It is vastly superior in every way in the open world, and after a certain point you really don't need better gear for open world stuff.. it doesn't make much of a difference if you are killing stuff in 2 and a half hits instead of 3.

Edited by Tarazet