FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
elcharrua

Prot Warr - Odyn's Spear - ToV

Use Spell Reflection (-30%dmg) and Ignore Pain, shield block should be up at all times as well. Should be off cd everytime if you swap taking spear with the other tank.

As long i'm not more progress-raiding in mythic difficulties and hence not using any logs, i can just share my experience from heroic. Without a CD running on my prot, i was always a oneshot...independet of how far i run away. As Prot, u can handle two spears at your own:

- shieldwall

- last stand & demoshout

Shieldblock and spellreflect didn't work to reduce the speardmg if my combatlog was right. I heard you can use spellreflect to reduce the nature-dmg which is an other inc-dmg on top of the spear...i personally haven't observed that so far.

I know this post is weeks old and OP (hopefully) found the answer to his question, but shield block doesn't do donkey dick against magical damage like Odyn's spear. The best option is to build up IP for it, use spell reflect, and to alternate between a defensive CD (some healers have abilities that act like CDs if you are out) and heroic leap.

Edited by zmandude24
correction for advice

Heroic leap just helps you to increase the distance between you and odyn. I still get hit like a truck, even if I stand as far as possible (I still have to get back in time, so I don't like to do a journey). What I'd like to point out: only using heroic leap won't save you. If you play tacticts where you move Odyn in the other direction, then you can get back in time, but its a lot of (unnecessary) movement 4 the whole raid. U can manage to survive at least two spears at your own, afterwards you need a CD of your raidmembers to savely survive.