FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
grumbachr

Ret Pally - Getting on Target

I'm still trying to improve my Ret Pally damage numbers. One thing I've notices is in raids (LFR) where several adds groups spawn (think Horridon or the bats on Tortos) I tend to run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to target an ad to malee on. This is LFR so I'm not sure I'm doing something wrong or if our ad Tank not pulling them together.

Anyway, do you have any tips for getting on target quickly and or changing targets quickly, or is the only way really the Tab key?

Grum

Well, for starters, melee should never chase the turtles on tortos, unless ur a all melee grp, which is bound to fail on normal. Second the bats are stacked up and on normal usually in range of melee for cleave. On Horridon, the tank should gather the adds and even if not, the adds are not wide spread in an organised grp. If u then to have problems reaching mobs fast enough, try using the 2nd talent in tier 1, which increases ur speed by 45% i think for 3sec after use of judgement, as u stack haste, judgement will be available more and therefor keeping a good uptime on that speed increase.

I understand the question, and it can be tricky both as melee and ranged when mobs are running past you. Changing the way you input movements can help - I bind strafe to A and D, and use the mouse for moving forward and turning (by holding both mouse buttons down). If you have a mouse with side buttons, you can also bind strafe to those buttons if you can get used to it - it's very tricky, but it does free up your left hand to tab target and continue your rotation nonstop.

On Tortos, melee should be on the boss. The add tank should be dragging the bats into melee range so you can help cleave them down. Ignore the turtles, because you can't damage them effectively.

On Horridon, the best tactic is to stack everyone in roughly the same place so the adds don't get scattered and the tank can hold threat easily, but LFR is like herding cats on a good day. Just do the best you can, focus down and interrupt casters and don't worry about hitting spread out targets. That's what multidotting classes excel at.

Horcored's point about the Judgment speed boost is a good one. I didn't understand it at first, but if you use Judgment as a ranged opener on a mob that you're still running to, you'll appreciate its value.

Edited by Tarazet