FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tree

Need some log analysis (enhance)

Hi there

Wonder if anyone could help me with analysing my logs. My dps seems to be pretty far below where it should be for iLvl - yet I can't see any massive issues. Buff uptimes are not perfect, but in general are at 70-80%+, this is something I'll be working on in future raids. The big thing here is another enhancement shaman in the raid was several iLvl below me but significantly out dpsing me and I can't figure out why.

It's probably worth noting I'm only on 18 traits as this character was only recently promoted from alt to main. The other shaman in the raid has 31 traits. How much of a difference this makes, I am not sure. Simcraft reckoned around 80k dps between me and the other shaman.

Any help would be appreciated. My character is called Windfurry.

Logs link

The first thing that stands out is your trinkets are kind of bad. You got great use out of Ravaged Seed Pod on Helya, but it didn't serve you well on Guarm. Your gear also isn't enchanted. Hidden Satyr enchant alone can increase our dps by 5%. And yes, there is a pretty big gulf between someone who has 34 points in their Doomhammer and someone who is in the teens.

With the level of Haste you have on your gear, it should be trivially easy to maintain Frostbrand, Boulderfist and Flametongue. Work on that part for sure. It should be in the 95% range, maybe a little lower on Flametongue. Practice reapplying FB/BF on the next available global cooldown after they fall off; it helps when you get one of those crazy strings of Stormbringer procs and re-procs.

• Like 1

Hi Tarazet,

Thanks so much for that. Not having my gear enchanted is embarrassing - I missed that. Whoops. Thanks also for the pointers about the buffs. I've been practicing a bit and already seeing some improvements. I'll keep working on that.

When you say the trinkets are kind of bad, do you mean the actual trinkets themselves, or how well I used them? I often forget to pop the Ravaged Seed Pod when it becomes available. Again, something to work on.

Thanks again.

Edited by Tree

RSP itself is kind of bad, and the other one is just an 840 Haste potato trinket. Only way I use a potato is if it has Mastery on it. The go-to trinkets for Enhance are Spontaneous Appendages and Bloodthirsty Instinct. Nightmare Eggshell, Devilsaur Shock-Baton, Six-Feather Fan and Eye of Command are also usable. By all means, use your Ravaged Seed Pod on trash packs, it's great for clearing up to the boss but don't forget to take it off. :)

Just realised I never replied again to this, just wanted to thank you again for the advice. I've been working on buff uptimes (and traits!) a lot recently and it's really making a noticeable difference. Still stuck with crappy trinkets but I'm hoping that resolves itself soon :P