FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
angiie

Tanking

Hiyas I am a lvl 110 blood dk and need to know what stats I should have and what is best gear. I want to start doing more dungeons etc but at moment I get slaughtered and mess up for others lol please help

Edited by angiie
spelling

I'll let @Shells answer this one. But for a quick answer I prefer haste, and crit. Haste seems really important, and feels really good I haven't hit a spot yet there I feel like I needed less haste. 

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't give you a more concise answer I normally let shells handle tank stuff, but I believe he's on EU times so you probably wouldn't get a reply for a while. I don't tank all to much but if you have any questions that you really would like answered I can give you my best advice.

11 minutes ago, Drtain said:

Sorry I didn't give you a more concise answer I normally let shells handle tank stuff, but I believe he's on EU times so you probably wouldn't get a reply for a while. I don't tank all to much but if you have any questions that you really would like answered I can give you my best advice.

I am just confused as I have been making sure I have plenty of Haste and Crit but  when I go on raids I find I am well down on dps  and when I go on dungeons I struggle a lot even with  lvl 848 gear I  wondered why other tanks always seem to get a high DPS score   and I  am so low. I have asked friends for advice on how to be better at tanking but  I am getting nowhere lol  when I do a raid I go as dps and not tank  as I know groups depend on the tanks. on the guide  it mentions versatility maybe that would be better than Crit?

Well the main thing is if your not dying, if your not dying dps does come second as a tank. With that said you should also be able to do dps, I'd leave it up to your gear for now I can't really say much if you don't have logs. Crit offers a good amount of damage and survivability once you get the Golden trait on the right side. If you can get me logs I could possibly help you more.

Good morning. 

Have a read of this post https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/25372-mythic-plus-dungeon-tips-for-bdk-updated-07nov16/

As Drtrain has pointed out, Haste is key. 

You need 20% parry, mainly from crit. then 20- 25% haste without boneshield then then start working on versa and more haste. There is no point where haste is not your strongest stat but if you have some versa gear throw it into the mix too. 

Your gear level is a bit on the low side but that will come in time.  Best gear is the gear you have access to as waiting for X item of doom can take a while. 

Damage wise, you wont out dps a dps apart from on large pack pulls and even then staying alive is more important. I am guessing your new to tanking so you might need to take some time to learn the basics and go from there. DK is a more challenging tank than some of the absorb type tanks but it is alot of fun and when played well will let you do some fun stuff. 

LFR tanking can be a bit toxic, do you have a guild you can practise with? Most guilds welcome tanks, maybe not onto the raid team but in general they are welcomed. 

How many points do  you have in your weapon? This helps smooth out the damage somewhat over time. 

DK's are spikey in damage intake by design, you take a but load of damage, you heal it up.  You learn to use your abilities to smooth that out somewhat but it will never be as smooth as a bear, pally or warrior. 

thanks that's very helpful now I know were to start not sure how to  publish logs and I am in a guild but  only 2 of us are active rest are sick lame or lazy lol. I always seem to  survive raids  even when I am in the thick of it  against bosses when I go DPS at least I am learning

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ to log theres several guides out there but basically, if you make an account on warcraftlogs, download the client and then in game type /combatlog (though i should mention you should go into your settings an enable advanced combat logging for more accurate logs) and type /combatlog again it'll start/stop logging then go to the warcraftlog client click upload log go into your wow folder > logs> WoWCombatLog click that and then upload it. It should work can be a little frustrating sometimes to find the folder I know, or well maybe it's just me xD. But it can be slightly taxing on your computer but normally not to bad for most people. If you have trouble you can look up a youtube guide I know Preacher has a guide on it and some others I'm sure. If you come back with those I can surely help you on DPS logs, and I'm sure Shells would look at your tanking.

Just make sure you start logging and stop logging before going into a raid and after coming out of the raid, other wise it'll have a super large folder in there of you doing what ever you do after, also to mention if you log off it stops the logging. Also probably worthwhile to mention after you upload the log to go into your log file in your wowfolder and delete the old logs so you don't end up using all of your SSD/hard drive space on logs that are already uploaded.