FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Witherend

Need help with stats

Hello guys im Witherend a frost dk looking to improve my dps, It feels like i am not doing good enough dps for my ilvl i would like some insight to what i am doing wrong.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Witherend/simple

My stats:
Crit:22.91%
Haste:20.11%
Versatility:0/0%
Mastery:36.34%

And i have these trinkets im really unsure what to use.
890 Ursoc's Rending Paw (current)
880 Memento of Angerboda (current)
870 Chrono Shard
870 Eye of Command
860 Horn of Valor (socket)
860 Statstick Haste
860 Statstick Crit

Talents:2213221

Legendaries:
Agrammar's Stride
Seal of Necrofantasia
Koltira's Newfound Will

Thanks for any help i can get

I mean your stats are fine for the most part advised to maybe search for more haste and mastery, if you lose more crit eye of command would be better than ursocs paw, but currently you're using you're best to trinkets. But stats really don't show us why or why not you might be doing well or poorly.

Figure somewhere in the realm of 4-5%. Looking at ursoc (more static fight to me little mechanics etc). You're using old war I'm almost 100% certain prolonged power is better. Icy talons wasn't applied until a little bit probably around 10-15 seconds into the fight which is odd to me, I try and put it on asap than again i'm not a frost main spec. You only got 2/3 casts possible of obliteration partially because of both of them being delayed by a considerable amount of time. You had a lot of time spec over 2 runes which means frozen pulse wasn't active which is a rather important factor and probably partly why your dps is lower than it could be. That's about all the mistakes I could find.

PS your ret pally is a monster.

17 hours ago, Drtain said:

Figure somewhere in the realm of 4-5%. Looking at ursoc (more static fight to me little mechanics etc). You're using old war I'm almost 100% certain prolonged power is better. Icy talons wasn't applied until a little bit probably around 10-15 seconds into the fight which is odd to me, I try and put it on asap than again i'm not a frost main spec. You only got 2/3 casts possible of obliteration partially because of both of them being delayed by a considerable amount of time. You had a lot of time spec over 2 runes which means frozen pulse wasn't active which is a rather important factor and probably partly why your dps is lower than it could be. That's about all the mistakes I could find.

PS your ret pally is a monster.

Thanks for the help i will try improving on the things you pointed out and yes that ret pally is insane also he recently got his second BiS legendary so his dps will be crazy.

Welp, if u delve further than what drtain had mentioned, I didn't even look at all your parses  at first just after seeing 4 I noticed a few trends,

biggest one for me, your howling blast usage is about 40% more than it needs to be, you have way more hard casts than u do rime procs, which means ur wasting runes on hb that could be used on oblit. there is no reason to hardcast in the current content unless, ur running mythic +'s where u pretty much have to hardcast depending on your spec, however for raids I would never worry about it, given your rune regen between koltiras and runic empowerment u should be cycling oblits like a madman, between those two your runic power gain is also absurd.   also I notice you don't delay using rime procs during obliteration, in most cases u will most likely miss maybe one or two rime procs during obliteration which isn't huge compared to the loss of a km proc'd oblit. 

I feel your mastery is very high unlike unholy, frost isn't as dependant on mastery being so high until you get torvons whiteout bracers, in comparsion to something like versa which sims a lot higher, now high mastery imo is only good when using torvons whiteout bracers as it makes your POF windows a lot more substantial due to the extra 15% frost from the bracers. /shrug

19 hours ago, Kro said:

Welp, if u delve further than what drtain had mentioned, I didn't even look at all your parses  at first just after seeing 4 I noticed a few trends,

biggest one for me, your howling blast usage is about 40% more than it needs to be, you have way more hard casts than u do rime procs, which means ur wasting runes on hb that could be used on oblit. there is no reason to hardcast in the current content unless, ur running mythic +'s where u pretty much have to hardcast depending on your spec, however for raids I would never worry about it, given your rune regen between koltiras and runic empowerment u should be cycling oblits like a madman, between those two your runic power gain is also absurd.   also I notice you don't delay using rime procs during obliteration, in most cases u will most likely miss maybe one or two rime procs during obliteration which isn't huge compared to the loss of a km proc'd oblit. 

I feel your mastery is very high unlike unholy, frost isn't as dependant on mastery being so high until you get torvons whiteout bracers, in comparsion to something like versa which sims a lot higher, now high mastery imo is only good when using torvons whiteout bracers as it makes your POF windows a lot more substantial due to the extra 15% frost from the bracers. /shrug

Hey thank you for pointing out more stuff, i have one question, when i am out of range of the target should i not hardcast HB then? 

5 hours ago, Witherend said:

Hey thank you for pointing out more stuff, i have one question, when i am out of range of the target should i not hardcast HB then? 

personally I do not, nor am i rarely in a position that I need to. having chill of the grave traited (8ft range on frost strike) usually fills those gaps, for me atleast. I feel as if theres a common misconception with howling blast I see it a lot on these forums, it always far better to use it while rime proc'd with the content available there shouldn't be a situation where u are put in a predicament that the dots are even going to fall off that may require you to even consider doing that, other than maybe mythic odyn where u could be on the complete other side getting your rune then heading back to hyrja however even then I wouldn't worry about it that much.   just my 2cents.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kro said:

personally I do not, nor am i rarely in a position that I need to. having chill of the grave traited (8ft range on frost strike) usually fills those gaps, for me atleast. I feel as if theres a common misconception with howling blast I see it a lot on these forums, it always far better to use it while rime proc'd with the content available there shouldn't be a situation where u are put in a predicament that the dots are even going to fall off that may require you to even consider doing that, other than maybe mythic odyn where u could be on the complete other side getting your rune then heading back to hyrja however even then I wouldn't worry about it that much.   just my 2cents.

Wow i followed your advice and my dps increased by about 30-50k, Thanks im really gratefull.

• Like 1