FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Noyze

Some Frost DK Questions (Rota, Talents, Pot)

Hey guys,

i switched from tank to frost dk and ive got some questions now. This questions are not for m+ but for raiding.

First of all, here is my armory Link with my current talents:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/forscherliga/Noyze/simple

Im playing with Breath of Sindragosa now because its the best atm but why do people play with Horn of Winter instead of Frozen Pulse? Frozen Pulse does a lot more damage when BoS is on cooldown. HoW is just a small cd to keep Bos up or? Second Question is Runic Attenuation or Gathering Storm? I saw a lot of DKs with GS but RA is better for raiding isnt it? And when you go for RA then u go for Icy Talons or still for Murderous Effiency?

Which pot should i use for raid bosses? The +2500 Stat pot or the old war pot?

And the last question is how do i start the fight? Should i wait for my runic power to cap before using breath of sindragosa and right at the start? And should i go for breath of sindragosa right when its off cooldown or should i wait until Hungering rune is off cd?

Sorry for this amount of questions and my bad englisch ._. I hope you can help me to get more dps with my dk ;D

Cheers,

Noyze

Edited by Noyze

GS is better does more damage, Horn of winter is better because if you use it properly it can easily yield you an extra 10 seconds if not more on BoS, which is probably equal to if not more damage than Pulse. Also with the talent set up you often run as frost your runes are almost always over 2 meaning no Frozen pulse. Prolonged power is vastly superior. I normally wait until i have 80 runic power, and at least 3 runes before breathe. Use it right away, with that said you should try and get at least 3 runes and 80 runic again, though maybe getting 5 runes might yield better results. Always save Hungering for your next breath though once it comes off CD.

On 1/19/2017 at 9:42 AM, Drtain said:

GS is better does more damage, Horn of winter is better because if you use it properly it can easily yield you an extra 10 seconds if not more on BoS, which is probably equal to if not more damage than Pulse. Also with the talent set up you often run as frost your runes are almost always over 2 meaning no Frozen pulse. Prolonged power is vastly superior. I normally wait until i have 80 runic power, and at least 3 runes before breathe. Use it right away, with that said you should try and get at least 3 runes and 80 runic again, though maybe getting 5 runes might yield better results. Always save Hungering for your next breath though once it comes off CD.

How do you deal with the 2nd BoS cast? Since Hungering is on a 3 minute CD, my 2nd BoS cast has a significantly shorter duration. 

Also, during the opening cast of BoS, especially with Lust, I find myself either RP capped or Rune capped. Is it better to sit for a GCD or 2 at full runes so you don't cap RP? Playing the Frozen Pulse build for so long makes me habitually smack Oblit every chance I get lol.

during hungering weapon I just spam obliterate every GCD unless i'm pressing RW, or Rime proc. Second breathe is just a bad one it's pretty hard to get anything meaningful out of it, just do your best I get 4 runes normally, and 80 runic.