FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mkh02

Odyn's Fury With Draught of Souls

Hey guys I was hoping for some input and thoughts on the change in Fury's rotation with the draught of souls trinket?

My current opening rotation is: Battle Cry + Avatar - Rampage - Raging Blow - Odyn's Fury ......then I continue with my standard fury rotation.

Since the buffs and changes to Frothing Berserker this has been working great and my opening burst is excellent.

An 880 Draught of Souls dropped last night and I was wondering what everyone though would be the best change to the opener:

Most guides are saying: Battle Cry - Rampage - Avatar + Draught of Souls.

Of course this ensures optimum buffs to the Draught of Souls effect.

The problem I am having is that this feels like I am negating the buffs for Odyn's fury.

So I am thinking 3 options:

1 -Right after the Draught of Souls effect ends, I hit Odyn's fury immediately. This means it will have the Frothing Berserker buff, Avatar and the last seconds of Battle Cry but not enrage.

2- I could delay Odyn's fury until I get another enrage, which shouldnt take long on the opener but risk the chance of loosing Battle Cry buff for it.

3 - Change opener to: Battle Cry - Rampage - Odyn's Fury - Avatar and Draught of Souls. This seems to stack them altogether more efficiently but due to global cooldown on Rampage/Odyn's Fury means that I will potentially loose Enrage on the last few Draught of Souls casts.

I am going to test these out but I was just interested on peoples thoughts and opinions as the guides I have read do not completely mention what to do with Odyn's Fury in regard to the changes Draught of Souls make.

On one last note, how much has the Trinket been nerfed out of interest?

I was seeing burst of 6 to 7 million on the PTR which got me really excited but when I use it I am only seeing 2 to 3 million.

Thanks for any input guys!

7 hours ago, mkh02 said:

The problem I am having is that this feels like I am negating the buffs for Odyn's fury.

Which gives you more damage? The "optimum buffs to the Draught of Souls effect" or ensuring that you have buffs for Odyn's Fury? I would answer that question to determine how you manage your opener.

Openers, more often than not, are min/max oriented for the "perfect opener" in guides that you read. The bottom line is that you can completely screw up the opener and still maintain parsing DPS if you recover and execute your rotation properly. Look at it as it is - the opener is about 5 seconds worth of your time - maybe a shade longer - compared to a 5 - 7 minute fight. What's most important here?

Don't stress over it too much. Answer the first question and you'll know what to do with the opener.

7 hours ago, mkh02 said:

On one last note, how much has the Trinket been nerfed out of interest?

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to this. I didn't want to completely ignore the question but it seems a number of trinkets were stealth nerfed with the patch.