FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Twinkletush

Best rogue professions?

This is my first time playing as a rogue. I would ask this on battle.net but parental controls prevent me from doing so. My question is that what are the best professions for a rogue? I was thinking skinning and mining to get gold while leveling and later switching to leatherworking and jewel crafting as I read that they are great professions for rogues. If this sounds like a good plan, when is it ideal to switch professions? And if this isn’t a good idea, what professions are better? Thanks in advance!

Hi, I think you need to clarify what will you be doing with your Rogue in order for ppl to help you better.

I for example, created my Rogue exclusively for PvP, therefore I picked Alchemy so I could use Flasks in Arena (It's one of the perks for Alchemy). I also got Herbalism while I was leveling up. It turns out I didn't like playinv PvP with the Rogue and started doing PvE. I kept Alchemy (At the time I could make the Cauldrons which provides Flasks for all the raid members) and just continued with it. Meanwhile I took Herbalism off and replaced it with Enchanting. The +160 Agility on each Ring is nice.

If it wasn't too much trouble to change now, I would change Alchemy with Tailoring because as the moment we don't have nice Back enchants and Tailoring have a nice Back enchant exclusively for Tailors.

Hope it helps in any way.

iHide.

This website is PvE orientated at heart, so I'll give an answer from that standpoint.

Any of the professions that offer the basic 320 agility are great.  Engineering and tailoring are unique but are mathematically close, but slightly ahead of the flat 320's like jewelcrafting and blacksmithing.  Using your synapse springs during cooldowns is much more favorable than a flat bonus throughout the fight.

Here's what I suggest: start with Tailoring and Enchanting. When you're leveling up, especially solo questing, you will get a TON of cloth and a TON of green gear that you can disenchant for materials. And you can use the cloth to make more gear that you can disenchant for more materials.

When you get to 90 and have enough gold to fly in Pandaria, you can either keep Tailoring permanently (Swordguard Embroidery is great for a Rogue!), or if you really want the best profession possible, drop it and pick up Mining so you can grind out the mats for Engineering. Get some of the fancy goggles, a mining pick, and level 1-600 Mining in the Jade Forest in Pandaria, stopping at the trainer by the mine to train the next level of Mining. Once you've done that, smelt as many Ghost Iron Bars as you need for Engineering (108), sell the rest of the ores, and use the proceeds to buy the rest of the mats for Engineering. Whatever you can't buy, go farm it yourself. Then drop Mining and level Engineering.

The Tailoring + Enchanting combo is really solid for a new player because of the ease of leveling it and the massive gold savings from having Enchanting, and it's only a tiny bit behind the Engi + Enchanting combo as far as the DPS contribution.

A lot of classes these days now gem secondary stats, and for them, Blacksmithing is far and away better than any other, but Rogues currently prefer Agility gems, so it's not as useful for them. You also can't craft epic daggers.

http://wowprofessions.com/ for profession leveling guides.

Edited by Tarazet