FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Teufelgott

Haste Build Blood DKs?

Ok So I have been seeing some Blood DKs stacking haste. I haven't done it myself yet, but it seems to up their dps a lot. Now my question is how do other Blood DKs feel about this? I would imagine that it wouldn't hurt if you were at a higher ilvl (heroic ToT geared). I have pugged with a few of these "haste" Blood DK's and they are real hard to keep up. They weren't heroic geared but they were in the 520 ilvl range. I just want to know if this is actually viable in a normal raid environment, or if there's any one out there that actually prefers this.

Well, it's viable, but, if you stack haste>mastery you are losing a lot of survivability. if you are stacking mastery>haste you are losing some survivability. sacrificing survivability for DPS may be good, if the encounter or raid composition demands.

Do you see a hard DPS run in normal tot (as Gara'jal HC e.g.)? I don't.

If you like, there are some logs of our tot run this weak. There's 2 blood DK. One (me) with mastery/avoidance build and the other (Tamaria) with mastery/haste build.

The DPS difference is clear and significant. I would like to know your opinion (and of others DKs) about others aspect. I think the damage taken of WoL is not good, 'cause it consider damage absorved as damage taken....

Log1: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vitlvtx0yxzlwxr8/

Log2: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6ceqcnqp7w1zh5p4/

Tyrendorf

Edited by Tyrendorf

Well I did some asking around to some real good friends of mine on my server. Apparently the only time its really needed to do the haste thing is is in heroic raiding. Just for the extra dps when there's a tight enrage timer, or you can just do it when survival is not an issue anymore. Other than that if you're doing normal progression it's recommended to keep the mastery/avoidance build. As you said above too you never got haste>mastery. I guess some people just have a beautiful mind, when it comes to theory crafting.

If you aren't already stacking haste I wouldn't bother trying to get the gear together now. Since DK's are currently the lowest on dps, and we can easily outgear fights survival wise, haste is/was a way for us to get our dps up to match other tanks. But 5.4 should be out sometime in early september, and our focus is going to shift more towards avoidance tanking for higher crit if we want higher dps.

If you work on getting some spare dodge/parry gear now then you'll be ready to hit the ground running in 5.4

• Like 2

Well my OS is DW Frost. I'm 526 both specs so I just switched out gear for the haste thing, and I gave it a go last night. Didn't care for it really. I guess the traditional way is the way I'm used to, and like. Thanks for both of you for commenting on this!