Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mendros

Is Glyph of Barskin useful as a bear tank?

5 posts in this topic

hey guys,

thanks again for the help with my balance druid question. Ive recently gotten started as a bear tank and I dont see Glyph of Barkskin (wow! cool feature with the links) mentioned in the guide.

this looks like a very important glyph to me, so why is it not mentioned?

cheers!

From what I remember, tanks are naturally crit-mitigated on raid bosses as baseline. It's something like a 6% chance to be crit by a lvl ?? boss, and all tanks have the mitigation for that as baseline - your chance to be critted by a boss (as a tank) is zero. This may well be why there is no mention of it in the guide.

Edited by Stoove

That glyph is more of a PvP glyph because, as Stoove mentioned, you area already crit-evasion capped as a bear for raid bosses.

You are welcome!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kelp
      Type: Semi-hardcore
      Progression: 6/7 Heroic Emerald Nightmare
      Faction: Horde
      Server: <Lustful> - [Zul’jin]
      Raid Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9pm-12am EST (Server Time)
      <Lustful> is currently recruiting experienced, and perspective raiders in need of an active and progression oriented heroic and eventually mythic guild!
      We are currently looking for most classes and roles:
      Healer: Holy Paladin, Mistweaver
      Range damage: Shadow Priest, Balance Druid. Other slots available to skilled players.
      Melee damage: Slots competitive, apply anyway.
      Expectations:
      Be on time
      Have Mumble for voice communication
      Have installed the required add-ons
      Prepare for raids outside of raid times (repairs, food, flasks, potions etc.)
      Know your class and raid mechanics outside of raid times
      Loot Rules:
      Loot Council
      Add-on List:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      RCLootCouncil
      Casual players are more than welcome to join for assistance in leveling, dungeons, and other content. Something is always going on within <Lustful>! Social oriented players will never be without something to do. Our private Mumble is available to all guild members.
      Message me for more information:
      Kelp-Zul'jin or Ragnar#11614
    • By Dereek
      Hello Guys

Váde Enim is a friendly guild on Draenor EU
      We are currently only 7/7 normal and 1/7 heroic as we've spent the majority of the time helping our raiders gear up before we jumped into the raid content Our guild is very casual but we are looking to expand to a 20+ man team and tackle mythic content.
      We're also looking to do some alt raids in case people want to switch mains and just have a fresh outlook on their raiding once we've cleared the majority of the content.

Raiding days are Wednesday and Thursday 1945 - 2300 (server time) We run Mythic + groups on Friday/Saturday/Monday (Optional)

We're looking for the following; (But all may be considered)
      Mage
      Boomkin
      Possible 3rd tank (Druid or DH)
      Elemental Shaman
      We're mainly looking for ranged DPS on top of the classes we already have just to spread out our Melee / Ranged ratio.
      If you'd like to join and trial, please contact Dereek or Frozenwar in game or Dereek on discord. Alternatively contact me via the forums

Many thanks
      http://vadeenim.guildomatic.com/

• By ssakrend
      Hi, 
      First of all, i dont know if this has been discussed before here, i looked through the posts but didnt see anything or missed it, so sorry for that and if someone can redirect me would be nice :)
      I am having a small issue with single target threat on dudu tank, as i rarely use maul during raids cause i need all the rage for iron fur and mark of ursol. There is no trouble with aoe, there is no trouble if constantly use maul either, is just that maybe there is something i am missing so i do not have to sacrifice rage during raids for maul. Putting taunt into my rotation isnt a solution either cause of the high frequency rate at witch tanks need to swap bosses in EN. I dont lose aggro to dps, but there were a couple of times when i lost it to my warrior co-tank, and comparatively to him my threat is terible.
      Any opinion on this will be much appreciated :)
    • By scizophrenic
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Scizophrenic/simple
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aQ7Bj9RhYtCDNJgk#type=summary

Heres some logs from tonight, I feel like I can do better  let me know if anything stands out to anyone, I dont have feelings so dont worry about hurting them!
      Thanks again,
      Scizo