Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CottonRocker

Ideal Crit Chance to Play Fire

13 posts in this topic

Hey members of icy veins, I hate to be a bother, but I have a quick question. What is the "ideal" crit percentage to swap from frost to fire?Frost has gotten quite dull after playing it for the past few months, but I don't want to hurt my raid by swapping to a spec that can do less damage than what I was doing currently. My armory can be found here (ignore the lack of enchants, I am currently broke/waiting to upgrade a lot of my current gear). Thank you in advance!

Edited by CottonRocker

You want as much crit as you can get, but the ideal number I have seen is 40% buffed. At your ilvl and gear, it probably will be the best to play frost until you hit around 520-530. Then you might be able to stack enough crit.

I ran you gear through AskMrRobot and gemmed all your gear with Smooth's Suns Radiance besides the Meta Gem Slot. Reforged to the correct haste cap (5036) and your gear would have 31.60% crit.

Edited by AnthonyM
1 person likes this

Should I prioritize the 5036 soft-cap over more crit?

No, Crit always prioritizes over haste.

What I do is, stack as much crit as I can. Then if I am over the hit cap reforge it to haste to cap then mastery.

Edited by AnthonyM

Based on Mr Robot, you scoore vs specs...

Frost 171k
Arcane 176k

Fire  198k

Actualy, frost is your worst spec, fire is best.

Fire have always been my best spec from 463ilvl to 517ilvl right now, and still did try all other specs and I pull much much more as fire. (from barely 80-100k dps to 130-200k dps) Okay maybe I'm not good with other specs but Mr Robot was still right.

Edited by Geldow

Frost 171k

Arcane 176k

Fire  198k

Fire have always been my best spec from 463ilvl to 517ilvl right now, and still did try all other specs and I pull much much more as fire. (from barely 80-100k dps to 130-200k dps) Okay maybe I'm not good with other specs but Mr Robot was still right.

I am not sure how this fits into the topic, but I will answer.

All specs are just as good as the player who plays it. If you are professional with frost, but a bit slacky with fire, then you'd probably want to stay frost.

But if you can do well with fire, why wouldn't you switch? Truth to be told, I always hate to tell people that you should switch to this and this. They should try it out themselves in LFR, practice and eventually they might become better or they will see: Nope... This is not good.

Also to note, the numbers from AMR are not dps.  It's simply a numerical evaluation of the stat weight multiplied by your total statistics per category and then those values cumulativley added.  AMR does not do any sort of dps simulation except in the broadest sense of statistical analysis.

Frost 171k
Arcane 176k

Fire  198k

As Oltier stated, play what you enjoy.  I can tell you now though, if you don't have Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance, you are very likely going to have a dps loss going to fire.  

I can tell you now though, if you don't have Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance, you are very likely going to have a dps loss going to fire.  

*Cries in the corner* sad.png

Frost 171k

Arcane 176k

Fire  198k

How did you get this result? I would like to see what it says about my spec's.

Here's my armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Stemm/advanced

Edited by Macca

/sigh

to reiterate:

Also to note, the numbers from AMR are not dps.  It's simply a numerical evaluation of the stat weight multiplied by your total statistics per category and then those values cumulativley added.  AMR does not do any sort of dps simulation except in the broadest sense of statistical analysis.

Ah cool I sussed it, you just click the "my gear" or "optimized" tab and your numerical evaluation is under the said tab, cheers.

hhhmmmm was wondering if its time to go fire, what do you guys think?