DPS help

hi guys

i'm concern about low dps with my priest

my current ilvl is 510 and it's all reforged, gemmed, enchanted

still my dps is very low

here is link to my armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Vagroth/simple

according to SimulationCraft

my avg dps should be like 120k and i do barely 70-80k so i'm obviously missing something

i know i'm using windsong and not jade spirit, i don't think it's the only cause

here is also report from today's raid on Durumu

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hkguni1vvy1zghw1/details/25/?s=2849&e=3296

can you find out what i'm doing wrong?

thanks 

Edited by nanoam

the only thing i could think of is your uptime of your vamparic touch (low 80s) should be up almost 100% of the time but i am pretty useless at reading logs so that is the only thing i could see hopefully someone with a bit more experience can tell you more

you're right on the verge of being able to gem haste over int, and windsong is like taking out an ad in "I'm Poor" Magazine. your weapon has a lot of spell power on it, you're going to want to upgrade it, especially if no weapons drop for you.

keeping in mind that spriest dps is tuned for the legendary gem and UVLS (the crit trink from the final boss) your stat priorities without it may be to match crit to haste and forget mastery. im not really sure anymore if that still works. you can always follow this guide: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7055 and see for yourself.

it's also difficult to do well with power infusion instead of divine insight. you need to hit PI at the exact right time and if anything happens during your PI insanity, and you have to move, your dps is pretty much toast.

to increase uptime of VT on durumu you have to take the melee path so you will have time to stand and cast. its a little more dangerous, but once you get used to it, you can do a little more dps.

if you take Divine Insight, try to keep vamp touch and pain up on primordius at all times, just to get di procs, and once youre a lizard, try to keep at least 3 bloods dotted with just pain at any given time so you can insanity the boss nonstop.

remember to only interrupt insanity with an instant that will get you a shadow orb, and get gnosis or a similar cast bar addon so you can see your flay ticks and clip just after one. clipping flay with flay is never a dps loss so you can always add an extra tick or two onto insanity no matter what haste breakpoint youre at.

yeah i also thought i should change PI and take the Divine Insight that's what i had at the beginning :)

i also have lei shen's trinket rain finder's one so i thought the other normal two will be better

i will look into it to reforge without it and see how it changes 

also for the weapon, it's not that i'm poor i just thought i should wait for better one to drop

i will take your advise on that too :)

thanks ^^

Comparing those two fight with SimC will give you a false ideal as to what your dps will be like depending on what setting you use. And with primordious depending on what buffs you get dps varies a lot.

Are you using any addons to track your dots at all? If not I would recommend Affdots + the priest plugin or shadow priest dot timers, especially if your are going to be using UVLS. To maximize UVLS you need to apply both VT and SWP preferably or at min SWP and leave them till the 100% crit duration fades, which is what both those addons will show. If your quick enough and have 3 orbs up, you can actually get VT, SWP, and DP all up with 100% crit, it is quite the dps boost too.

Your reforge/gemming seems fine, although your haste break point should be 8085 for now then move into 10437 with better gear and when you get the legendary meta. After that mastery ranks higher than crit since it will help proc the trinkets and meta.

I also noticed halos dmg varies, make sure you are at the 25yd range for max dmg, for fights that that is impossible or not likely for most of the fight then divine star will be better. If you are having trouble with the range halopro is a nice addon and there a few others that all do the same thing and tell you when its best to cast halo.

PI vs DI is meh to each there own, I don't like how random DI can be since atm its only 5%, Id rather have PI which I stack with the meta and BL (at 9k haste that's 10 extra ticks for VT and SWP)

(A note about UVLS, come 5.4 if they are still going to implement the 90s cd timer for trinkets on boss pulls then it will be become essentially useless, and only procing maybe 1 time in an avg fight if that.)

I think that all will help you up your dps smile.png

Mind Blast has an 8 second cooldown, and you only used it 26 times in a 7 1/2 minute fight. That means you used it, on average, every 17 seconds, which means you generated about half of the Shadow Orbs you could have, which means you had half as many chances to use Devouring Plague and Insanity.

If you have to use an add-on to monitor that cooldown, do it. That is clearly the biggest flaw in your play, especially seeing how you should be getting the CD reset by Divine Insight. If you're not using Mind Blast religiously, then you will see very poor results no matter how much gear you get, and your talent choice is wasted as well. When I play shadow, I usually see the best results from FDCL anyway, but whatever talent you choose, the key thing for you is going to be getting as many Mind Blast casts off as possible.

As a DPS, you should also be using Halo whenever it becomes available, but this is a much smaller DPS gain.

Edited by Tarazet

You seem to be averaging 100K+ fight dependent which for your ilvl and not having the LMG is about right.

Your reforges are fine, you could drop a lil haste for more mastery but that's not a big deal. It looks like the main problem might be your mind blast usage (i don't think WoL handles those right tho), plus the uptime on your dots is a bit low on a couple fights, you'll want to stay 90%+ uptime.

You might also wanna try out the new Twisted Fate, guaranteed 35% uptime on it is pretty nice over the old 20%.

i decided to try FDCL and in galakras fight my dps really improved

all the time i was busy multi-doting all adds and never stopped proced with instant mind blast and mind spike

so busy that i didn't have much time to use mind flay biggrin.png

i will use this talent on every adds fight, and solace on single target fights 

Edited by NoamNatan

SoO has many spriest friendly fights, it is quite fun. I've heard, but not tested, that if there are tons of adds on a fight, you can use mindbender instead of FDCL because some people think that if FDCL overprocs youre wasting it. since mindbender can attack at all times you are free to multidot/move as much as possible and just concentrate on di procs and dumping dp into your focus. it also saves cast time because you need less vamp touches since mindbender gives you so much mana.