FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ramoth

Enhancement Rotation

So I read the Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide and I have a question regarding the Single Target Rotation (affects AoE aswell kinda).

Point 8) is stated as:

"Cast wow_icon_spell_nature_lightning.jpgLightning Bolt with 1 or more stacks of wow_icon_spell_shaman_maelstromweapon.jpMaelstrom Weapon, as a filler (or when you are moving and cannot reach the boss)"

I should add that I didn't reach the state of raiding yet on my Shaman, so I don't know how often this case actually occurs (that everything is on CD and point 8 'triggers').

But anyway - I wonder if it really is beneficial to use LB with only 1 stack upwards. I mean you lose quite some time of autoattacking, which is a huge portion of our DPS, especially considering windfury procs etc.

So i just wanted some clarification on that 8th spot on the priority list.

Tanks in advance.

The idea is that you want to cast Lightning Bolt when you aren't able to auto attack the boss.
Such as when you are out of range, due to certain mechanics.

Yes, the important part is that you cannot reach the boss. At that point, anything you can do to damage from afar is a DPS boost.

In a general rotation, I tend to use LB when I have 3+ stacks of Maelstrom and I have nothing else to cast.

Alright thanks a bunch.
Maybe i misread that part a bit.

Using it with 3+ stacks seems reasonable. I actually did that myself too and read it somewhere else aswell.

Edited by Ramoth

I agree with Ramoth, using LB with 3 or more stacks of Maelstrom is perfectly fine. 

If you have the T15 2-piece bonus, which gives you two charges of Maelstrom on each SS, then you want to get used to using LB on 4 stacks of Maelstrom no matter what, otherwise you're wasting one of those two charges.