FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

Death Knight Tier 16 Set Bonuses

Here are the Death Knight 16 set bonuses!

Damage Dealing Specs

Item - Death Knight T16 DPS 2P Bonus - grants you 500 Haste or Mastery (whichever is highest) when inv_sword_122.jpgKilling Machine or spell_shadow_painspike.jpgSudden Doom proc. The buff length is relative to the speed of your weapon and the buff can stack up to 10 times.

Item - Death Knight T16 DPS 4P Bonus - Each spell_shadow_deathcoil.jpgDeath Coil you use will increase the duration of achievement_boss_festergutrotface.jpgDark Transformation by 2s, and each time you use any "special attack" while ability_deathknight_pillaroffrost.jpgPillar of Frost is active, you "impale" the target (dealing some damage).

Tanking

Item - Death Knight T16 Blood 2P Bonus - Using 10 special attacks (inv_weapon_shortblade_40.jpgHeart Strikespell_deathknight_darkconviction.jpgRune Strike,spell_shadow_deathcoil.jpgDeath Coil,ability_deathknight_soulreaper.jpgSoul Reaper, or spell_deathknight_bloodboil.jpgBlood Boil) will grant you an extra charge on your ability_deathknight_boneshield.jpgBone Shield.

Item - Death Knight T16 Blood 4P Bonusinv_sword_07.jpgDancing Rune Weapon resets the cooldowns of all your runes and makes them Death Runes.

Opinions

What do you think about the set bonuses? Will you be going for them when Patch 5.4 comes out? Discuss in the comments here!

The DPS 2set looks amazing if the uptime is enough to keep the stacks high most of the time. 4set depends havily on how much damage the impale for frost is, but seeing its the 4set of the last tier I assume it'll be quite strong. Can't speak for unholy since I havent played the spec.

The tanking 2set looks more "nice" than "powerful" to me. The 4set however looks amazing. Since DRW is going to be free of cost according to patch notes, it already becomes a much more frequent ability to use and making it practically a second ERW with a 1.5min cooldown looks great. Just gotta be careful to use up all runes before activating it tongue.png

All in all I think we have very good setbonuses in the coming tier.

Edited by Ceraius
  • Like 2

Tank bonuses look very appealing, the 2-set isn't very interesting, but it's a nice buff to Boneshield increasing the overall uptime a bit, not familar with the proc rate though.

The 4-set is a 2nd ERW except its even better, because it makes it all into death runes! Sounds really really awesome and should provide alot of extra shielding from DS, really looking forward to getting that one myself.

I'm in need of a little counseling from you high end Blood tankers.

I'm currently the proud owner of 3 pieces normal tiergear, normal offset helmet and heroic warforged offset shoulders.

Obviously I should shoot for the tier helmet at this point, but if I end up getting the shoulders instead (we have a lot of vanquisher token competition and most still lack the helmet I think) should I go for the 4-set over my HC-WF shoulders or not?

The setbonus is (imo) easily one of the best for us ever so my gut tells me I should get it and bank my shoulders until I score the tierhelm, but I need some assurance. :P

I'm in need of a little counseling from you high end Blood tankers.

I'm currently the proud owner of 3 pieces normal tiergear, normal offset helmet and heroic warforged offset shoulders.

Obviously I should shoot for the tier helmet at this point, but if I end up getting the shoulders instead (we have a lot of vanquisher token competition and most still lack the helmet I think) should I go for the 4-set over my HC-WF shoulders or not?

The setbonus is (imo) easily one of the best for us ever so my gut tells me I should get it and bank my shoulders until I score the tierhelm, but I need some assurance. tongue.png

After reading Storm's perspective on it, and getting over my brain fart that offspec isn't offset Yes 4 piece tier would be better for a damage/survival cooldown.

Edited by Failhard

should I go for the 4-set over my HC-WF shoulders or not?

Comparing item to item I would lean towards the 4 set, because 3 free death strikes every 1.5min is a pretty major cooldown.

However, I think I found you on the armory if you're on Grim Batol. If that is you then you have 14.94% expertise already and Tier shoulders will just put you even farther over cap, so far that there's no way you can reforge out of all of it. so really you're comparing HC shoulders to Normal shoulders where you're going to waste an entire secondary stat and have lower stam and str. just to get a 4 set bonus. That's a much tougher call.

I definitely think you will decrease your damage taken overall by wearing the HC shoulders, but the 4 set will give you more control when you need a strong cooldown, which can still potetially be stronger if you use it well.

Yeah, I probably should've mentioned Blood is my mainspec. And yes I'm the toon on Grim Batol.

About the expertise, you're probably right, but I haven't forged it out of my weapon on which there is quite a bit of it. Not necessarily enough to drop me below the cap but maybe at least close. 

I don't feel I need more overall damage reduction from what the HWF piece has to offer and I do like control, so that'd lean me towards the 4-set. 

Thanks for the input. 

It is hard to say because, even though it doesn't give you stacking crit, it does give you stacking dps stats with your current set up you are getting haste which is actually pretty good for 2h compared to DW where the haste would largely be wasted. Tier gives good sockets to jam str/crit gems in.  You could be getting more crit from non tier pieces, but honestly with 3/4 you are so close to getting the 4 piece I'd just go for it, doubly so since you dont have the legs which give crit. You can accumulate non tier pieces with crit and do a dummy test to find out if its a gain or loss on your own, but 1 piece with stats you want vs changing out 3 pieces you already have? you tell me which sounds better.

Tier bonus for dk sound bad past t14, but hey you gotta play with what you got.

Btw I was on my Dk and the extra boneshield only stack up to 12 and no more.

I only got 120 of the moves in on galk but I couldn't gain any more. Anyone know why?

Edited by Mortisamicam