FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Yenax

Leveling a Lock

I'm about to start levelling up my lock and was wondering if anyone has any tip's or hints to make it go a bit smoother. Thanks

That would be lovely but that is only 85-90. I think he like myself are looking for a lowbie guild. 1-85 or at least like 1-60 or some help as to rotation.

"In the next few weeks, we will extend this guide to cover the entire leveling journey, from level 1 to level 90."

Edited by Badwolf

General tip, get BoAs, Enchant them with the best you can (jade spirit, glorious stats, int to cape, Shoulder enchants, and leg enchants) and enjoy your damage. Warlocks are a hard class to level up but, seeing insane damage, makes everything better.

If you're leveling your first toon as a warlock, I would recommend questing and enjoying the story behind some areas. Westfall for alliance side is an amazing story to start with. The areas around the undead starting zone aren't so bad either. Stranglethorn quests go pretty quickly when you reach those.

Hope these tips help you level. Skill is acquired as you play so don't expect too much advice on how to play it.

Slowly adapt your rotation to the 90 rotation, but otherwise, use what you like.

Edited by EgoReaper

TL;DR Warlock Leveling

Spec Destruction at level 10.  Spam Incinerate on mobs.  Use an Imp.

Level 15 - Take Harvest Life.  Use Drain Life to heal when hurt.

Level 30 - Take Mortal Coil.  Use Mortal Coil as an instant fear + heal.

Level 45 - Take Soul Link.  Damage reduction and healing component.

Level 60 - Take Blood Fear.  Keep applied.  When melee'd, mob will be feared.

Level 75 - Take Grimoire of Supremacy.  Supercharges Imp.

Level 90 - Take KJC. 

As you level, you only have to worry about a few spells. 

1. Incinerate is your spammer...bind to your favorite key. 

2. Immolate is worth it around level 60+. 

3. Conflagrate is great to use while moving and does quick instant damage as well as speeding up your Incinerates.

4. Shadowburn is great to execute mobs with.  Doing so will give you 2 Burning Embers.

5. Ember Tap consumes a Burning Ember to heal you for a lot of health.

6. Chaos Bolt consums a Burning Ember to deal some damage.

These six abilities along with your talents make for a quick and painless push to 90.  There are other spells you can use but the ones I listed and the talents laid out are a quick way to push to 90.  You won't top damage in dungeons until WoTLK.  Everyone else has more powerful toolkits at low level, but that doesn't matter...you shouldn't be doing dungeons more than once to get the quests anyways.

• Like 1

Slowly adapt your rotation to the 90 rotation, but otherwise, use what you like.

That is what I do in a pinch.

This is my second caster first being a ele shammy but I'm far from new. Ty everyone for any all help. Trying my hand at demon and having to much fun with the leap so far. hehe

Although I'm not as experienced as other locks here, I'd suggest leveling as Demonology with glyph of demon hunting. The survivability is great, with full heirlooms you can pull 6+ mobs of your level and the experience is quite rewarding. Plus the form looks so great ;-)