FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ramoth

AMR gear optimizing

So, since 5.4 AMR recommends, for my understanding atleast, strange sockets/reforges, which reflects in the total stats.

Before the patch, he would calculate everything fine. Set me at 7.5/7.5, maxing crit etc.

Now, he randomly replaces all my crit only sockets with hit/crit sockets (just to get the socket bonus? idk). And reforges look also kinda strange.

Right now, he sets me to something rediculous like 11,xx% hit (that with having like 7 hit/crit sockets in the gear).

What's going on there, or am i missing something in 5.4?

It would be easier to see if I had a link to your toon. Im on my phone atm i cant give you a detailed answer but check back tonight and i'll try to give you a complete answer

I'm assuming Fury here, if not then disregard all that I'm going to say next :D

Since you're dual wielding, the actual hard hit cap is 26.5%, therefore, hit after 7.5% isn't wasted. It isn't as good as your other secondary stats, but it might be worth going for to pick a good socket bonus or something like that.

I hope this makes it clearer, a bit. If you still want to post your armory, I can ook you up and say for sure if AMR is correct or if there's something you need to change in the settings :)

-Rage

I think it's due to hit after 7.5% being still more useful than haste (atleast i read that and the stat weights reflect that aswell). So he just turns every other point, which can't be used for crit etc, into that.
Still wondering though, why that's just as of 5.4 the case (AMR didn't do that pre 5.4).

Anyway, thanks for your answer.
Link is not necessary anymore, because i just answered it myself after some investigation ^^

Edited by Ramoth

I just have a quick something to add: Whereas the default stat priority of Hit=Exp to cap > Crit > Mastery is fixed for us, the order in which Haste and Hit to hard cap are more useful depend on your gear. For me, haste is more useful than Hit since I still have the LMG, the T15 2p and x2 RPPM trinkets. 

The best way to know what your exact stat weights are is to use SimulationCraft :)

-Rage

Ah i see. Well in that case:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/antonidas/ramoth

I have x1 RPPM trinket, T15 2p. What does LMG stand for if i may ask.

My gear is kinda meh (still relatively new). Got the helmet just now too, so it's not reforged and gemmed, but that shouldn't really matter for the decision between hit>7,5 or haste.

Edited by Ramoth

LMG = legendary Meta-Gem.

I just did a quick simulation of your character, though since you don't have any meta gem on your helm it might not be accurate, and I'm seeing haste slightly ahead of hit, which is reasonable since you have at least the T15 2p bonus and one RPPM trinket.

In the end though, changes like haste > hit or hit > haste isn't what's going to make or break your DPS. If you want to sim yourself and use your on exact stat weights, yes your stats will be 2-3% more optimal than the next guy, but even with non optimal reforges, as long as they're reasonably decent (like the default profile for AMR) a good fury warrior will be able to perform. It's up to you :)

-Rage