FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zombiecurse

Haste thresholds with amp trinket

Alright, so I picked up the amplification trinket last night and I've been trying to edit my haste thresholds accordingly. However, now that I look at it, I think I may have been doing it wrong.

I don't have the gear to get to the 13737 (12839 with amplification trinket) threshold. I actually don't even have enough to get to the 12439 unstable affliction threshold. So I'm wondering, since I can't reach this threshold, is there any point in my stacking haste beyond the 9778 cap, or can I just forge to that and then dump the rest of it in mastery? Hope all that makes sense, any help would be appreciated.

Rule of Thumb: get to the threshold you can reach while keeping Mastery +/- 1000 rating of it.  If you're pushing 9778 Haste, make sure you can do somewhere between 9000 and 11000 Mastery. 

By the same token, don't push for 13737 until your Mastery can also be somewhere between 13k and 15k.  Otherwise, you're splitting your stats too much forcing a chance in stat weights.  When people do that, they re-sim their values and wonder why they change so drastically.  Keep them close.

Great. Thanks for the reply. I get what you're saying. I mucked around with my reforge lite and was able to come in around 9840 or so, put the rest into mastery. Got another four per cent or so out of it. Before, when I was using AMR, it was just dumping everything into haste. Goodbye AMR.

Just a sidenote that you can't totally trust reforge lite yet..... it seems to be giving me different values sometimes that don't really match up with what I've entered into it. I totally removed crit as a priority (for some reason default affliction 9778 has two haste entries and one for crit). After looking at the stats, it looked like it was what I wanted and I reforged. Just made sure that mastery and haste were close to each other and that I was just barely over the 9778 cap. Worked out really well. Definitely getting some more dmg out of it, judging by the flex group i was in last night.

Big thanks. I finally feel like I can do my reforges by myself instead of relying in AMR. Good stuff.