FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Likmask

Asian players in armory style!!

Hi

I was looking at that asian guild that killed heroic garrosh and i saw that they have Ilvl 588 on thier HWF items. According to their armory they can upgrade their items 4 times. Is this just a bug or do they got some special privileges?

Asia players have a seperated 25/10 ID lock out. Additionally, their 25er raids drop gear with an itemlevel incresed by 8 compared to our 25/10 loot. As "compensation", the bosses in 25 man raids have more health and do more damage.

Basically the old ICC model.

Blizzard implemented this because of different play styles for the asia region compared to US&EU. We seemed to have complained to much about:

- "have to clear raid in 10 and 25 to be viable!"

- "why are 10 man raider 'second class' raider?"

and therefore got the new raiding model still currently active with the release of cataclysm.

They started experimenting with different rules for Asia with the release of 4.3 (Dragon Soul), where older raid IDs were reset twice per week. Not sure since when exactly they have the different 25 man settings. Either since dragon soul or since the release of mists of pandaria

Edited by Farnion

Now I believe they do this because the players in Asia actually pay by the hour when they get to play World of Warcraft. I could be wrong but this is what I heard.

Now I believe they do this because the players in Asia actually pay by the hour when they get to play World of Warcraft. I could be wrong but this is what I heard.

This is exactly the reason. people in asia pay by the hour and don't want to spend their time afking in stormwind or waiting for lockouts to reset.