FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Demyndra

Lock Macros

I am not that great with macros and figured I'd start this thread for two reasons:

One, for people to post helpful macros for our warlock brethren and,

Two, I am looking for a specific macro.

Does anyone have a macro or know of a way to keep your pet attacking one target while you switch to another.  Such as on Norushen; keeping pet on the Amalgam, while you switch to one of the adds.  (This could be something really stupidly simple that I am just not doing/getting)

You can keybind "Pet: Attack" while your pet is in defensive mode.  This will cause the pet to focus the target you last told it to attack, rather than constantly swapping targets like it does in assist mode.

All you need to do there is set you pet to passive, and then do a /petattack on the target you want it to attack.

You can keybind "Pet: Attack" while your pet is in defensive mode.  This will cause the pet to focus the target you last told it to attack, rather than constantly swapping targets like it does in assist mode.

I am not sure I would set for defensive, pet might come and attack something that is attacking you, and not the target you want it attacking, unless I am missing something here.

I generally set it to defensive If i'm in a situation where there is a flow of mobs and I don't feel like micro'ing my pet.  Basically if your target dies and your pet is on passive, it will run back to you until you tell it what to attack next.

In defensive mode the pet will choose a new target after my last called target is taken down, ensuring that I don't lose any DPS.

*Normally* I just have my pet on assist, but fights like Norushen it wouldn't really matter if you had it on passive or defensive after you tell your pet to attack the Amalgam.

*Normally* I just have my pet on assist, but fights like Norushen it wouldn't really matter if you had it on passive or defensive after you tell your pet to attack the Amalgam.

Unless you go down to reset your corruption, ya?

Unless you go down to reset your corruption, ya?

Correct, I do that at the start one time so I don't really have to worry about target resets after I come out of the phase.

The one thing I am wondering, is damage to adds on Norushen = 100% damage to boss, why would one not want their pet on the adds in the first place?  Take down adds faster while damaging boss seems like a win to me.

The one thing I am wondering, is damage to adds on Norushen = 100% damage to boss, why would one not want their pet on the adds in the first place?  Take down adds faster while damaging boss seems like a win to me.

It depends on your raid I guess.  Our adds die *really* fast.  My pet would spend a majority of the fight running from one target to the next, doing minimal damage to show for it.  I do love the Havoc'd Chaos Bolts on them though.

Honestly, can we get a Fel Hunter's Mark over a target when we're lining up a Chaos Bolt so people know not to kill it before it goes off?  Plz Blizz

If you are looking for a way to have the pet attack one target without switching, put it on passive and you can manually click the attack on the pet bar.  I don't think you need a macro for that.  Remember to click the attack again if you need the pet to change targets like going into the test room on that fight.

The macros in the Warlock guide are pretty useful as well.

/cast [@focus] havoc  works as well if you want to havoc a focus target like a tortos or horridon type of fight.

Edited by Hurtlocker

It depends on your raid I guess.  Our adds die *really* fast.  My pet would spend a majority of the fight running from one target to the next, doing minimal damage to show for it.  I do love the Havoc'd Chaos Bolts on them though.

Honestly, can we get a Fel Hunter's Mark over a target when we're lining up a Chaos Bolt so people know not to kill it before it goes off?  Plz Blizz

I've actually had to say 'guys, stop hitting that, go back to Sha, Chaos Bolt is on the way.'  They leave it alone, CB takes under 20%, SB finishes, I get Burning Embers.  No one else in the raid gains a DPS benefit from finishing off a mob, so best to let the Warlock do his/her thing.

Well, back on the topic of macros, the majority of mine tend to be one of two things:  Either mouseovers, or for doubling up command on keys.

Dots for instance:

#showtooltip

/cast [@focus,harm,nodead] [] Corruption

Or combining keys:

#showtooltip

/cast [modifier] Drain Soul; Malefic Grasp

For Havoc I use something like:

#showtooltip

/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [@focus,harm,nodead] [] Havoc

Very much for utility, nothing too funky going on in any of them.  I'll look through mine later and see if I have anything more interesting going on, but I do not really think I do.

I just picked the Norushen encounter as an example, it was the first thing that came to mind where the situation could arise.  But in my raid group the adds drop super fast, so pet switching targets would be lost DPS... I just run Affliction on the fight because going Destro and trying to cast a CB is wasted time with my group.   I just find it annoying when I do switch to add to help burn it down and the add dies before my pet (or its attack) gets to it.  (#1st world problems?)

Most of my macros are for doubling up on abilities to a single button as well.  For Havoc, I also recently updated my macro to do mouseovers.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead][mod:shift] Havoc; [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Shadowburn

Casts Shadowburn or Havoc (with Shift) on mouseover target if it exists, or on target if mouseover doesn't exist.  Makes it a lot easier to weave in Havoc on a priority target without being locked into a focus.  Also makes getting executes off on adds that are about to die without having to actually target them first.  Very handy in several fights in SoO I've found.

I do have a macro that I was trying to perfect for Demo, but I just can't get one piece of it right (not sure if it's possible given the situation).  Servers are offline for maintenance so this is typed from memory, forgive me if the syntax has minor issues

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,nochanneling] Hellfire; Hand of Gul'Dan
/cancelaura [mod:shift,channeling] Hellfire
/cancelaura [mod:shift,channeling,form1/2] Immolation Aura

Basically,

• If no modifier is pressed, cast Hand of Gul'Dan - works as desired
  • If shift pressed and Hellfire isn't being channeled, start channeling it or put up Immolation Aura - works as desired
  • If shift pressed and Hellfire is being cast already, stop it - works as desired
  • If shift pressed and in Meta / Dark Apotheosis form, cancel the aura to stop draining fury - doesn't work as desired

I think the problem is that because Immolation aura isn't channeled like hellfire, the first line will recast it and start the 10 second burn all over again, and the macro stops.  I've tried re-arranging the lines to the cast is at the end, but it doesn't matter since the cancelaura doesn't stop the macro from continuing on to the cast command and will re-activate it anyway.  Is there a way to fix it, or am I stuck with having a second macro just to /cancelaura Immolation Aura (bleh).

Edited by Chaen
  • Like 1

Most of my macros are for doubling up on abilities to a single button as well.  For Havoc, I also recently updated my macro to do mouseovers.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead][mod:shift] Havoc; [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Shadowburn

Casts Shadowburn or Havoc (with Shift) on mouseover target if it exists, or on target if mouseover doesn't exist.  Makes it a lot easier to weave in Havoc on a priority target without being locked into a focus.  Also makes getting executes off on adds that are about to die without having to actually target them first.  Very handy in several fights in SoO I've found.

I'm going to test this out asap. I don't know why it never hit me to do a mouseover shadowburn macro. To make sure, this macro casts shadowburn on mouseover target, but if shift is held down, casts havoc on the target? You might want to add a focus target into the Havoc part, so if a focus exists it casts havoc on it without the mouseover. But if focus does not exists it casts havoc on the mouseover.

#showtooltip

A macro like this was exactly what I was hoping for when I saw this thread. Going to give this a try. Thanks much!

Man, with all my random macros I can't believe I didn't make a shadowburn. I use to have a bunch of macros for each specific spec and I'd find myself running out of space and having to make new ones on spec changes. Now I've got them some merged together when possible. First macro is for dots, second for filler spell/special.

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:1, nomodifier:alt] Corruption; [spec:2, nomodifier:alt] Immolate
/cast [spec:1, modifier:alt] Agony; [spec:2, modifier:alt] Conflagrate

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:1, nomodifier:alt] Shadow Bolt; [spec:2, nomodifier:alt] Incinerate
/cast [spec:1, modifier:alt] Drain Soul; [spec:2, modifier:alt] Chaos Bolt

Then just a quick havoc macro that'll cast it on focus if it exists otherwise it'll havoc on mouseover

#showtooltip Havoc
/cast [@focus,exists,harm] [@mouseover,harm] Havoc

I'm going to test this out asap. I don't know why it never hit me to do a mouseover shadowburn macro. To make sure, this macro casts shadowburn on mouseover target, but if shift is held down, casts havoc on the target? You might want to add a focus target into the Havoc part, so if a focus exists it casts havoc on it without the mouseover. But if focus does not exists it casts havoc on the mouseover.

Exactly, Peatzah.  I've purposely left out using a focus, since I generally don't like the possibility that I want to havoc something OTHER than my focus and not being able to do so (at least with that macro).  For instance, we were working on Garrosh last couple of nights, and in Ph1 where you have the shaman wolf riders out.  Towards the end of Phase 1 where the boss is sub 20% but a shaman might be at 1/2 health from the Iron Star, I want to havoc the shaman and chain Shadowburns off Garrosh instead. 

So the macro I listed is general enough to not cause that problem, but still easy to use that I'm not struggling to get the most use out of it. 

Now that servers are up, here is the copy/paste:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][mod:shift] Havoc; [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][] Shadowburn

Exactly, Peatzah.  I've purposely left out using a focus, since I generally don't like the possibility that I want to havoc something OTHER than my focus and not being able to do so (at least with that macro).  For instance, we were working on Garrosh last couple of nights, and in Ph1 where you have the shaman wolf riders out.  Towards the end of Phase 1 where the boss is sub 20% but a shaman might be at 1/2 health from the Iron Star, I want to havoc the shaman and chain Shadowburns off Garrosh instead. 

So the macro I listed is general enough to not cause that problem, but still easy to use that I'm not struggling to get the most use out of it. 

Now that servers are up, here is the copy/paste:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][mod:shift] Havoc; [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][] Shadowburn

I tried this macro out last night. One thing I didn't really like was the requirement to have a mouseover in order to shadowburn. Is there a way to have it shadowburn current target, unless the mouseover target is able to be shadowburned? I lose track of my curser sometimes and panicking to mouseover the target that I'm already attacking in order to shadowburn it was super annoying.

Yes, that's what the [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][] after the mouseover part is for.  If the criteria for the first brackets isn't met, it'll use the next (empty) criteria which will end up shadowburning your current target if possible.

Yes, that's what the [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][] after the mouseover part is for.  If the criteria for the first brackets isn't met, it'll use the next (empty) criteria which will end up shadowburning your current target if possible.

Alright, maybe I copied something wrong. I took out the modifier, as I have mouse4 as havoc focus/mouseover, and shift+3 is shadowburn. I probably accidentally took out some of the bracket parameters. I'm at work right now, but I'll try it out again when I get home.