FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cedrin

Under archiving? Average? DPS

Okay just wondering anyone's thoughts in my logs from last evening. Primarily the affliction single target iron jugg fight since I'm reforged for aff.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c7s4d0g4w7zd8xoj/details/1/?s=8994&e=9403

I feel like I should be done much better compared to similarly geared locks. Any suggestions or thoughts?

After comparing your logs to mine I'm finding that you aren't using Haunt enough.  My fight was 1.5 minutes shorter than yours, but you only have 25 Haunts to my 23.  You should definitely have more Haunts in there given the fight length.  I also noticed that you used Soul Burn 13 times, compared to my 5.  I have to assume you're using SB:SS more than you should, which would account for your less overall Haunt uptime.

Try to hard cast your DoT's more and save Soul Shards for Haunt.

*Opener looks solid.  Bursting up to 700k is good.

*Terrorguard got all casts in - good job 

*Agony and Corruption DoT uptimes are 99% - this is good.

*UA DoT uptime is 94% - bring this up

*Haunt uptime was 47.5%...this could be higher.  Push for 60%+

*Cooldown use was solid

*Wush uptime = 26% - average

*Bindings uptime = 20% - average

*NO POTIONS!  Pre-pot and 2nd pot

I can't see your armory, but your DoTs aren't hitting very hard.  Sub 90k average DoT ticks seems kinda low.  Either focus on the Empowered DoT feature of Affliction or grab some more Mastery.  Again, I can't see your armory, so I don't know what you're pushing.  It looks like you have the functionality of Affliction down pat, you just need to use potions, use Haunt more, and get your DoTs hitting harder.

One thing I've been corrected on that I see here, No doomguard. I'm not great at reading these things but that's what stands out to me.

My bad >.< I hate trying to read WoL. Seriously, I don't see the terrorguard anywhere on your page but if I go to the damage done by all spells and abilities, the terrorguard shows up.

When you click on a person to analyze their spells, pets are not included.  You have to go to the raid-wide summary to see pets such as Wild Imps, Mirror Images, Hunter pets, etc.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fenris/Rauden/simple

I rarely use a shard for my dots unless the start of fight. I can think of a few little thing so could clean up which may help a little. I should have had a prepot becuase I always do. One of those attempts we had a terrible pull

So......what did you use Soul Burn 13 times on then, in a single-target fight?  Pet constantly dying?  If so, recommend getting rid of Soul Link for the time being.

Yeah good point. Don't remember why. Not sure why pet died either unless soul link and my misplacent. Good info, this is what I was looking for.

*Opener looks solid.  Bursting up to 700k is good.

*Terrorguard got all casts in - good job 

*Agony and Corruption DoT uptimes are 99% - this is good.

*UA DoT uptime is 94% - bring this up

*Haunt uptime was 47.5%...this could be higher.  Push for 60%+

*Cooldown use was solid

*Wush uptime = 26% - average

*Bindings uptime = 20% - average

*NO POTIONS!  Pre-pot and 2nd pot

I can't see your armory, but your DoTs aren't hitting very hard.  Sub 90k average DoT ticks seems kinda low.  Either focus on the Empowered DoT feature of Affliction or grab some more Mastery.  Again, I can't see your armory, so I don't know what you're pushing.  It looks like you have the functionality of Affliction down pat, you just need to use potions, use Haunt more, and get your DoTs hitting harder.

mastery buffed around 115% and haste is 29% soft cap. I'd definitely like to get the dots ticking harder, just not sure now with my current gear. I'm pretty good managing my empowered dots. Maybe it's the haunt uptime hurting it. I'll compare with next week and see if I improve. Thanks for the help guys , like I said earlier exactly what I was hoping for.

After comparing your logs to mine I'm finding that you aren't using Haunt enough.  My fight was 1.5 minutes shorter than yours, but you only have 25 Haunts to my 23.  You should definitely have more Haunts in there given the fight length.  I also noticed that you used Soul Burn 13 times, compared to my 5.  I have to assume you're using SB:SS more than you should, which would account for your less overall Haunt uptime.

Try to hard cast your DoT's more and save Soul Shards for Haunt.

Just curious... do u SB:SS during the execution phase ? Like DS 4 ticks, then haunt, SB:SS repeat? that might be why Cedrin is using so much SB XD.. I'm curious too.. because i uses almost the same amount of SB as him..

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8a5cda4adt2mf2pb/details/1/?s=6250&e=6637

Edited by t3chy

You absolutely should be using Soulburn to apply DoTs during execute UNLESS you have a major proc rolling.  Don't use Soulburn if Affdots is reading like 40 or something.  Typically, for me, if it's at or above 80, I go ahead and overwrite during execute.

seen huge improvements this week from last. Thanks for all the tips. Had a 20.5 dps increase on sha as afflction mainly single target and about 10k improvement on iron jugg with some 2 major miss keys on my part.