FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Perrydtf

543 Affliction Help

I tried affliction last night in my guilds raid on Iron Juggernaut and by the end of it after looking at the meters was totally amazed at how dogshit I did compared to when I play Destruction on the fight. 

*edit* Was 540 for the fight, not that it makes much difference.

I was reforged to the 9778 haste cap > mastery for the fight despite what armory is currently showing 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Perrydtf/advanced

Just wondering someone with a lot more experience could give me some insight to where I went astray on the fight and why my DPS is so crappy for it.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r4yk1e9h34byoowv/details/263/?s=10689&e=10996

Opener is generally -

Pre-pot > Soulburn > Haunt > Dark Soul > Soulswap > MG until trinket procs > SB:SS empowered dots > Try to keep haunt up as much as possible > MG.

Sometimes I forget my Doomguard which is something I need to work on.

I am using Affdots also.

Thanks in advance guys smile.png

Edited by Perrydtf

Hi!

OK, so you don't have T15 2-piece, which means your Haunt doesn't last extra long during Dark Soul. Because of that you need to make sure you get the most use out of your Haunt's Soul Shard as possible. In your opener you are throwing out 3 Soul Shards in the span of about 3 seconds. Your Haunt is also active on your target during a time that your DoT's aren't as strong as they could be.

I recommend starting out by hard casting your DoT's into MG. Once your procs go pop Dark Soul and SB:SS your DoT's to max duration. Now Haunt and go to town. Make sure to keep Haunt up as much as possible through that duration. Don't try to clip Haunt.

On the fight you linked your uptimes are all very good. Haunt could probably come up a bit more. I'm seeing 8 Soul Burns in a 5 minute, single-target fight. I have to assume you're using a majority on Soul Swap. Try to keep your DoT's up by hard casting whenever possible so that you can use most of your Soul Shards on Haunt.

Otherwise, the only other thing I can think of is that you're letting Agony fall off or you're overwriting strong DoT's with less powerful DoT's. A situation could be that your powerful UA falls off while your Agony still has about 20 seconds left on it. Another procs comes up that could buff your UA and Corruption to a higher amount, but it wouldn't be as strong as your current Agony. You decide that you'll just SB:SS to extend them all and continue to MG spam. In that situation you would actually want to hard cast UA and Corruption instead.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll work on that and see how it goes. I can honestly say I do clip my haunt quite a lot when I think about it and I SB:SS my dots quite often. My opener definitely needs work so that feedback is really helpful. Thanks again.

I recommend starting out by hard casting your DoT's into MG. Once your procs go pop Dark Soul and SB:SS your DoT's to max duration. Now Haunt and go to town. Make sure to keep Haunt up as much as possible through that duration. Don't try to clip Haunt.

I like this but what if there is a stacking trinket such as Wush or BBoY? Would you recommend hard casting DoTs -> MG -> Pop DS and watch Wush/BBoY climb. At 10 stacks, SB:SS -> Haunt as an opener?

I like this but what if there is a stacking trinket such as Wush or BBoY? Would you recommend hard casting DoTs -> MG -> Pop DS and watch Wush/BBoY climb. At 10 stacks, SB:SS -> Haunt as an opener?

Yeah with that trinket set-up you almost have to.