FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Colin

need advice to obtain more dps boomkin ilvl 536

First off here is my armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gnomeregan/Sylvaeiardor/simple

and my most recent log:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-icwgb74f8u5un82a/

I am currently over my 15% hit because of spirit gear. I am leaning towards hitting my 10k haste BP soon. My rotation mimics this: wrath, inc:tree, sunfire,moonfire,starfall,SS, starfire until solar, CA, starfall, starfire until CA runs out then wrath, repeat.

Is this just my gear or could I be doing something differently? Any help would be appreciated!

-Sylv

PS my new chest is put saved on my armory, it should be: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/105770
instead with a int/haste gem in red, and crit/spirit green gems in blue.

I'd stick with the Warforged chestpiece that you got. Even if it does put you over hit cap, it has a mountain of Crit on it and extra Int as well. I would not pass that up without at least a 2-piece bonus to make up for it. Other than that, you should enchant your shoulder for a nice boost and get a belt buckle.

I checked out the Sha of Pride kill, where you were lowest DPS. I saw too little use of DoTs and too much Hurricane, plus some long delays in using Starsurge procs, which are your top priority at any time, and two failures to use Starfall at the onset of a Lunar Eclipse. So these are play errors that you can learn from.

I didnt even realize I didnt use starfall twice inside a lunar... 

So you are saying that when all the little adds spawn after swelling pride(I think) I should DoT them? they seem to die rather quickly... Should I macro a SS cast to stop current cast and cast SS? Or should I just wait for a spell to cast fully and then do my SS? 

What is a good DoT uptime for boomkins? 

How can you read all of this from my log? I am interested in how you see delays in SS procs especially.

-Colin

The biggest thing I noticed is your dot up time, that needs to be 90%+ and it doesn't look like you are using SS proc's quick enough.

For sha, with your group comp, you would be better off just single targeting the boss while doting a couple adds until later in the fight when there are a ton of add's then help aoe them down with hurricane.

if you were to try this:

/stopcasting

/cast Starsuge

It will only work for proc's so you wouldn't be able to use hard cast SS at all. So you could either keybind a "/stopcasting" macro then push SS or keybind the above and use it only for procs while keeping the actual spell on the bar where you have it for when you need to hard cast it.

Actually, I use a stop cast macro for SS since i kept missing out on them. it has helped my dps by a fair bit and I find the macro doesn't interfere with hard casting (without proc). It casts just as normal for me.

I didnt even realize I didnt use starfall twice inside a lunar... 

So you are saying that when all the little adds spawn after swelling pride(I think) I should DoT them? they seem to die rather quickly... Should I macro a SS cast to stop current cast and cast SS? Or should I just wait for a spell to cast fully and then do my SS? 

What is a good DoT uptime for boomkins? 

How can you read all of this from my log? I am interested in how you see delays in SS procs especially.

-Colin

I looked at the Lunar Eclipse buff uptime vs. Starfall uptime, and saw that you didn't always cast it when the cooldown was reset. I also looked at how long Starsurge procs were active and saw some very long green bars, which indicates they weren't used quickly or even at all.

As I understand it, your dots should be up 100% except during your opening burst sequence. You don't want to maintain them during your opener because you want to push through the eclipse cycle as fast as you can to get more Starfalls.

The thing about multidotting is that Lunar Shower gives you a big boost to the initial damage, so it's increasingly more powerful the more you multi-dot them. You can work in ticks of Hurricane, as long as you keep up the Lunar Shower buff and refresh your dots.

Edited by Tarazet