FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Azazelon

Advice, Critique, Help Appreciated

Hey everyone, been hiding in the shadows for months now but this is my first post.  Was hoping i could get a little advice for my lock.  Its the only 90 i've had and i love playing him but i feel like i'm still missing quite a few things.

Here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/Azazelon/simple

Also here's a log from this past raid week:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8zeltr0kwi6hehnz/sum/damageDone/

thanks all in advance

Aza

Edited by Azazelon

Took a quick peek. Only looked at Shamans since I am at work but a few things stuck out. I'm assuming it is probably similar for all fights but we will take a look.

1. Immolate up[time was about 55%...this should be 95+%. It's not the damage that's great, but the generation of embers. Get that up.

2. Havoc only used three times...On shamans in a 7 minute fight, you should be using it about 15ish times....7-8 with glyph.

3. Low Chaosboalt/Shadowburn usage. 13 CBs sounds verrrry low for a 7 minute fight.

All I got for now, have to run.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Drafty, from what I can see on your Shamans kill you have very few Chaos Bolts which leads me to believe your ember capping a bit, and the average crit seems quite low to, which is probably a result of not casting them under intellect procs. Also no reason for immolate to be below 95 percent as stated.

Dark Soul was only used twice in a 7 minute fight, If you have another trinket I'd suggest getting rid of the UVLS, one of the worst Destruction trinkets. Only used one Jade Serpent pot which suggest your either not pre-potting (which will help your opening burst) or your forgetting to use the second one later in the fight. 

Yea i seem to do terrible at watching immolate, on shamans my raid keeps them on opposite sides so they aren't in range for havoc :/  Sadly those are the only 2 trinket drops i've had in what seems like ages.

Yea i seem to do terrible at watching immolate, on shamans my raid keeps them on opposite sides so they aren't in range for havoc :/  Sadly those are the only 2 trinket drops i've had in what seems like ages.

Interesting strategy considering they share a health pool...but I would suggest getting an add-on like weakauras or tellmewhen so you can track trinket procs, major cooldown timers (as well as duration's they are up) and possibly affdots (Its solid for aff/demo and a bit weak for destro since immo is not a HUGE part of damage done), because it might help with tracking immolate and RoF uptime.

Lots of guilds are employing the Heroic strategy in Flex and Normal to cheese the mechanic.  Separating them makes it so 3 people deal with Ashen Walls and a tank swap removing the other group's need to worry about Foul Slimes, Ashen Wall, etc.  It pretty much cheeses the fight. 

Az, to help you with Destruction, the primary focuses are keeping Immo up, maximizing Chaos Bolt, and using Dark Soul & Havoc.  Sounds like you could work on all 3 just a bit.