FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

World of Logs!

Ok so I've managed to sort out my account and get it linked to my guild etc. I think I've sorted the client, set it up to my logs folder in my WoW game files - what next lol!

I'm so bad at this it is unreal ;)

How do I "upload" a log to look at? Do I need to run something ingame before the raid or?

Sorry for the stupid questions but the help section seems a mess and its about as user friendly as washing a gremlin after midnight feeding it popcorn!

It's funny, they don't say in their Help files how you can make the log file.

It's actually very easy, all you have to do is type

/combatlog
before the raid. Use it again after the raid to stop logging. This will create a file in the Logs directory of your WoW installation (most likely CombatLog.txt or something like that). Then, you simply need to upload this file to their website ;)
  • Like 1

/combatlog
before the raid. Use it again after the raid to stop logging. This will create a file in the Logs directory of your WoW installation (most likely CombatLog.txt or something like that). Then, you simply need to upload this file to their website Posted Image

It's worth mentioning than, in case you get disconnected or your game crashes during your raid, you will need to resume logging when you sign back in (same command).

• Like 1

/combatlog
before the raid. Use it again after the raid to stop logging. This will create a file in the Logs directory of your WoW installation (most likely CombatLog.txt or something like that). Then, you simply need to upload this file to their website Posted Image

Cheers again you three. Like I mentioned in the "guides you'd love to have" for people like me that have never used WoL and get told by others to just "go check them" etc its really really unfriendly way of setting it up. Hopefully I can sort some logs for my heroic raid tonight and have a bit of a practice.

Cheers for another addon Zebus, you're on a roll ;)