FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Destruction Nerf Inevitable

Well, you could make them have a 10% chance not to generate embers.

They will nerf the damage of spells before they do something that ridiculous. Realistically speaking, a nerf to Destro would more look like a 5% nerf on Chaos Bolt, 10% on Immolate, and a reduced crit chance for Rain of Fire.

They will nerf the damage of spells before they do something that ridiculous. Realistically speaking, a nerf to Destro would more look like a 5% nerf on Chaos Bolt, 10% on Immolate, and a reduced crit chance for Rain of Fire.

Never say never when blizzard is the one balancing.

Anyway, it would be really cool another nerf for RoF, we could as well take the spell out of our bars.

It's 10 seconds after it wears off (AKA a 15 sec ICD on proc).

Really??? Mah bad.  I stand corrected.  Love you.

If Immolate snapshots the crit buff, that seems like a good idea. I'm not sure if it will or not though.

It does.

Really??? Mah bad.  I stand corrected.  Love you.

You were right initially, i don't understand where this belief of 15 second ICD comes from, i can link plenty of logs of me having a uptime of more than 33% on ember master which just doesn't make sense if the ICD is 15 seconds. The ICD is 10 for a max uptime of 50%.

Edited by Raikumi

You were right initially, i don't understand where this belief of 15 second ICD comes from, i can link plenty of logs of me having a uptime of more than 33% on ember master which just doesn't make sense if the ICD is 15 seconds. The ICD is 10 for a max uptime of 50%.

After looking at a bunch of top logs, I'm not seeing anything over 35% uptime.  That's probably just a little bit of WoL funkiness as well.  It seems to be holding true though.  My uptime on Paragons was 34.6%, but no logs have really strayed very far from 33% tops.

After looking at a bunch of top logs, I'm not seeing anything over 35% uptime.  That's probably just a little bit of WoL funkiness as well.  It seems to be holding true though.  My uptime on Paragons was 34.6%, but no logs have really strayed very far from 33% tops.

just test it on a dummy, My WA with 10 second ICD has never failed me.

Hmm.  So it's just difficult to get over that threshold then.  You'd almost need a visible ICD timer to play it to its full potential, but I don't think it's worth it to change your game play up that much.

Yeah having the ICD there changes my gameplay minimally, only if i'm about to shadowburn somthing to death will i possibly delay half a second for the guaranteed proc.

Say for example you fill your ember at 9 seconds, you need to wait until the next ember to proc.  While the ICD may be 10 sec, you could be taking 15 seconds between procs based on when you fill your ember in relation to the ability being off cooldown.

I suspect, especially with high crit low haste builds, this can lead to lower up time than the theoretical highest uptime.

Say for example you fill your ember at 9 seconds, you need to wait until the next ember to proc.  While the ICD may be 10 sec, you could be taking 15 seconds between procs based on when you fill your ember in relation to the ability being off cooldown.

I suspect, especially with high crit low haste builds, this can lead to lower up time than the theoretical highest uptime.

THIS!!!

The theoretical maximum uptime is 50% if you fill an ember every five or ten seconds exactly throughout the entire fight.  People come up with this "10 seconds from the end of the buff" and "15sec ICD" because it's roughly when they're getting their second proc. They're not looking at the fact that they're filling embers 8 seconds apart.

0.000: Fill an ember. 4pc procs. Begin 10sec ICD.

5.000: Proc wears off.

7.500: Fill another ember, proc is on ICD.

10.000: ICD is up.

14.750: Fill an ember. 4pc procs. Begin 10sec ICD.

See the pattern? With the amount of crit and haste we have on our gear at this point, almost no one here is taking 10-11 seconds to fill an ember in most cases.

Edited by Kazistrasza

Link those logs, please.

I'll comb over my own as well.

Considering anything over 33% with the whole fight in combat would mean that the ICD has to be less than 15 seconds Omarics Examples are good enough but also http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7tysig974ag76zd0/details/0/?s=5183&e=5766 our Heroic Galakras kill i have 35% uptime which just doesn't make sense with an ICD of 15 seconds.

I mean it's really simple to test on a dummy, and I would do it if I wasn't still stuck with only 2 pc tongue.png

Not sure what all this log business is about when testing a simple proc, go hit a dummy, get your proc on a full ember, when the buff falls off count to 5 before finishing off your next full ember.

Did you get a buff? Yay then it's a 10s internal from the buff procing and not 15s (i.e. 10s from when the buff falls off).

And like many people said, obviously theoretical and realistic uptime are much different, if the ICD was theoretically 15s total then no one would be getting 33% because it would mean you need to proc an ember at the exact moment your ICD was up for the entire 4-8 minute fight which obviously isn't realistic.

A theoretical uptime of 50% with actuals in the 33-35% range obviously makes much more sense, meaning you get your buff within an average of 4-5 seconds of the ICD over the course of the entire fight including transition periods, when you get an ember right before the ICD, etc.

Edited by Strife

I mean it's really simple to test on a dummy, and I would do it if I wasn't still stuck with only 2 pc tongue.png

Not sure what all this log business is about when testing a simple proc, go hit a dummy, get your proc on a full ember, when the buff falls off count to 5 before finishing off your next full ember.

Did you get a buff? Yay then it's a 10s internal and not 15s (i.e. 10s from when the buff falls off).

The logs are because some of us are at work and can't just hit up a dummy.  :P

The logs are because some of us are at work and can't just hit up a dummytongue.png

Oh surely you have at least one colleague that would fit that description.....

Edited by Soulzar
  • Like 1

So is it better to cast Chaosbolt with that 4pc buff or cast Immolate?

You should have enough time to do both, really. 5 second duration = 3 second base cast time Chaos Bolt + 1.5 second base Immolate + .5 second reaction time

If it's your third ember you just filled to proc it, let loose a Chaos Bolt. If it's your first or second, reapply Immolate/incinerate for more embers.

You really want to save your embers for Chaos Bolts with Int procs.

Edited by Rakupenda

So is it better to cast Chaosbolt with that 4pc buff or cast Immolate?

Why not both?  Buff lasts 5 seconds.  Chaos Bolt cast with 0 Haste is 3.0 seconds and Immolate's cast with 0 Haste is 1.5 seconds.  With 0 Haste you can squeeze that in easily.  With some Haste, this effort should be like stealing candy from a baby.

Why not both?  Buff lasts 5 seconds.  Chaos Bolt cast with 0 Haste is 3.0 seconds and Immolate's cast with 0 Haste is 1.5 seconds.  With 0 Haste you can squeeze that in easily.  With some Haste, this effort should be like stealing candy from a baby.

Yo, babies have mad deathgrip when it comes to their candy.

Hello fellow warlocks!

This is a fascinating thread and I was captured by the some of the first entries on it regarding the quality of the warlock community. It is an excellent community, however I believe its biggest challenges lie ahead.

For a long time the community has been engaging and generally very positive. If you go back far enough, the community was still great, but very small. Raiding as a warlock in vanilla, bc and even wotlk, there was the comradary of playing an unloved and dogged class.

Fast forward to today, and for the first time we're top dog. As such we've attracted a huge number of new players who are enjoying the slightly op nature of the contemporary warlock. They are keen a positive, but remember, they left other classes that weren't flavour of the month to come here. How will they react when we're not top of the heap, when they're replaced by a frost mage or a marksman hunter by their raid leader?

You find out what a community is made of when times are tough. Whilst I love the current mood on the warlock forums, it's easy to be happy when you're top dog.

They are keen a positive, but remember, they left other classes that weren't flavour of the month to come here. How will they react when we're not top of the heap, when they're replaced by a frost mage or a marksman hunter by their raid leader?

I have consulted my crystal ball and 3 things will happen. One is those that switch just for the sake of DPS or at the direction of the Raid leader will probably switch back to their other class when warlocks are not OP.  Second is that the players who have been playing warlock for a long time and enjoy it will continue to play it.  Third is some will quit.

Sincerely,

Nostrahurtlocker

Edited by Hurtlocker

You find out what a community is made of when times are tough. Whilst I love the current mood on the warlock forums, it's easy to be happy when you're top dog.

I don't see times being tough for us in this expansion.  :D

That said, there are people here that have been playing Warlock for a long time, so you aren't going to get an overall sense of ship jumping over here.  Plus, if people start posting whiny threads I'll just remove them.  We try to keep things constructive around here for the most part, with a dash of BS from time to time. ;)

• Like 1