FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Destruction Nerf Inevitable

Fast forward to today, and for the first time we're top dog. 

Did you just start playing WoW this month?

We were killer all of last tier, VERY strong in Cata, absolutely ridiculous during parts of WotLK especially in Naxx, total god mode through parts of BC, and a force to be reckoned with in Vanilla. We've been top dog many times. Even when we weren't, we've always been reasonably close, usually losing only to cheaty ass rogues DWing warglaives or silly arcane mages pushing two buttons to do 25k DPS in ICC.

Haha, very spirited!

As you've asked, I started in late vanilla, casually raided in BC before becoming a more regular raider in wrath. PvP was my thing in Cataclysm. I don't use myself as a bench mark because I'm a very ordinary player with very average skills and experience.

Your point is that we've had out time in the sun before, and on this point I whole heartedly agree. From my experience however, these times were of limited duration and isolated to specific specs. For much of it we were quite reasonable but behind our arcane / fire mage overlords.

This time is, to my thinking, quite different. All three of our specs have been top dog at times during the expansion, and as a class we've been up there for nearly an entire expansion. Add to that the class revamp and green fire quest-line. I've never seen that before, and if my perspective is accurate, it will have had an effect on the community.

Did you just start playing WoW this month?

We were killer all of last tier, VERY strong in Cata, absolutely ridiculous during parts of WotLK especially in Naxx, total god mode through parts of BC, and a force to be reckoned with in Vanilla. We've been top dog many times. Even when we weren't, we've always been reasonably close, usually losing only to cheaty ass rogues DWing warglaives or silly arcane mages pushing two buttons to do 25k DPS in ICC.

Say what now? While we've certainly been strong from Kara/Season 1 forward, I don't remember Warlocks being needed for anything besides Blood Pact/Healthstones and the occasional Searing Pain tank prior to that. 

Say what now? While we've certainly been strong from Kara/Season 1 forward, I don't remember Warlocks being needed for anything besides Blood Pact/Healthstones and the occasional Searing Pain tank prior to that. 

We also served the very important job of summoning people that were too lazy to get to the raid on time.

In Vanilla there were a lot of mobs with weakness to shadow back in the day (similar to how the entirety of MC was immune to fire). Warlocks were the masters of shadow damage and could lay very large shadow bolts into things. Frost mages got similar things in MC and even dungeons like BRD (BRD still had the monster frost resistance in Cata, a 45 mage could one shot a few mobs in there with frost bolt no problem). Even without weaknesses coming in to play, we did good damage even in AQ and Naxx40.

I was going to say this is getting way off-topic, but the current topic is still better than the original.  Carry on.

This thread is disgusting me , actually you guys ask for a nerf and crying about how op is the class and after you will get the nerf, you will open a thread and cry about it like you never ask it and where did it come from.Really cant understand you

This thread is disgusting me , actually you guys ask for a nerf and crying about how op is the class and after you will get the nerf, you will open a thread and cry about it like you never ask it and where did it come from.Really cant understand you

You mad bro?

#1) We aren't ASKING for a nerf. We're stating that statistically speaking a nerf is a very likely to happen and that if it does happen warlocks will be fine.

#2) We are't crying about our class being OP.

#3) These are not the Blizz Forums. We don't spam forums crying and moaning about nerfs. 

#4) Despite all your rage, you're still just a rat in a cage.

• Like 1

You mad bro?

#1) We aren't ASKING for a nerf. We're stating that statistically speaking a nerf is a very likely to happen and that if it does happen warlocks will be fine.

#2) We are't crying about our class being OP.

#3) These are not the Blizz Forums. We don't spam forums crying and moaning about nerfs. 

#4) Despite all your rage, you're still just a rat in a cage.

I will answer to your numbers points

#1 You using the word "We" , so you speaking in the name off all ppls in here ?

#2 Go on previous pages and read careffully, when you do it open your eyes

#3 Go bck in time and read topics when uvls, imps ,agony nerf been made , again when you read keep eyes open

#4 I can see on your no4 that your very polite , probablly a early age or a low education

#5 Won't bother to answer again to folks like you

I will answer to your numbers points

#1 You using the word "We" , so you speaking in the name off all ppls in here ?

#2 Go on previous pages and read careffully, when you do it open your eyes

#3 Go bck in time and read topics when uvls, imps ,agony nerf been made , again when you read keep eyes open

#4 I can see on your no4 that your very polite , probablly a early age or a low education

#5 Won't bother to answer again to folks like you

Being that these are your only two posts, I'm going to assume you're a troll from the Bliz forums.

#1: Yes, Locky is speaking for all of us. We know locks are really, really shining. That means a nerf will be coming soon. When it happens, we'll be solid.

#2: No one is crying about being OP. We enjoy being on top of the meters; we just wish Bliz knew how to balance.

#3: UVLS nerf was overkill. Glyph nerf? Fine. Imps on top of it? Overkill. UVLS is why our imps were doing so much damage. No one was upset that they nerfed agony. We were upset they tried to hide it from us. We understood the nerf was necessary. Trying to keep it under wraps was not.

#4 & #5: Locky is one of the top warlocks that play this game. You, my friend, should go back to the Bliz forums.

Inb4Zagam&OmaricBanhammer!

Edited by Kazistrasza

This is an obvious troll post.  Nobody in the right mind would come to a warlock specific forum and come at people like that.

Locky doesn't speak for me, I never would have opened with an inciteful comment like "You mad bro?"

That said, I knew no good would come from this thread.  To the above poster, check out the post time of the supposed troll.  2:39 AM on a Saturday.  Sounds like a drunk, emotional tyrade.  We've all been there I'm sure.  It's no reason to gang up on somebody.  If it offends you guys so much, then just ignore it or a mod will remove it if it's that awful.  Showing the community that we'll gang up on people with a differing opinion is pretty poor.

Locky doesn't speak for me, I never would have opened with an inciteful comment like "You mad bro?"

That said, I knew no good would come from this thread.  To the above poster, check out the post time of the supposed troll.  2:39 AM on a Saturday.  Sounds like a drunk, emotional tyrade.  We've all been there I'm sure.  It's no reason to gang up on somebody.  If it offends you guys so much, then just ignore it or a mod will remove it if it's that awful.  Showing the community that we'll gang up on people with a differing opinion is pretty poor.

Yes, a mature and polite post 

Anyway i m not feling ganked up , no way , from whoo? from Kazistrasza?? who have no heroic progress , oohhhh please , this is fun,

at least Balboa have a decent progress , but we all know that jerks have been always present in top guilds 

Also how did i offend ? by telling the truth ? just read the name off the thread : Destruction nerf inevitable ?

Seriosly ? inevitable ? i guarantee you guys there will be no nerf , havent been with demo in ToT , why it would be now? when the difference is not really big, only on Zagam fights , he have 5 on #1 place from 11 with a difference between 2k and 67k .

i will alocate the difference more on skill and not on the class.

You really aren't helping.  Refrain from making overall negative posts or I will remove them.

I'm sorry, I just can't take you seriously. Your first post is to tell us how we're disgusting and complaining about how we see a significant likelihood that we might get nerfed because of how raid DPS is performing at the time of post, sorry but I just can't hear you over the sound of your own troll.

I'm sorry the only use you have for the forums were to try and troll, maybe you don't have a warlock or you're just not the community type, either way, if you change your mind there is a weekly mumble meeting and such. Hope you grow out of the troll.

The reason people reacted so harshly to this guy is because of the nature of his post. He's being deliberately provocative.

This isn't a "zomg they're gonna nerf destro lets make a petition thread on blizz forums", it's a "hey guys, I reckon we might get nerfed because of x, y and z, what do you think?".

I understand you're trying to mediate the situation, but it's like hes throwing stones then pretending it wasn't him.

Soooooooooo getting back on subject, I'd almost rather they just brought other specs/classes up a bit than hit with the nerf bat.

Except spriest. Delete that spec.

Soooooooooo getting back on subject, I'd almost rather they just brought other specs/classes up a bit than hit with the nerf bat.

Except spriest. Delete that spec.

I'd be happy if they just deleted shadow word death.

Or even better, remove every execute in the game but shadowburn.

I'd be happy if they just deleted shadow word death.

Or even better, remove every execute in the game but shadowburn.

That's a little rude, just because warriors should be able to keep the titular ability. Otherwise though, it is interesting how widespread the mechanic has become.