FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neasbaron

Leggings of The Night Sky vs Chronomancer (gain 2 p set)

Hello, I am Olsenbaron a frost mage.

I recently aquired chronomancer leggings (553 ilvl) and I already have chronomancer gloves, so at first I was very happy to see I would gain the 2 piece set bonus. However, when checking with Mr.Robot's "best in bag" option it still says Leggings of The Night sky (561) is better.

Is this because the chronomancer leggings are not upgraded? Does Mr.Robot not account for the 2 piece gain? Or is the 2 piece really just that awful?

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Olsenbaron/simple

Hello, I am Olsenbaron a frost mage.

I recently aquired chronomancer leggings (553 ilvl) and I already have chronomancer gloves, so at first I was very happy to see I would gain the 2 piece set bonus. However, when checking with Mr.Robot's "best in bag" option it still says Leggings of The Night sky (561) is better.

Is this because the chronomancer leggings are not upgraded? Does Mr.Robot not account for the 2 piece gain? Or is the 2 piece really just that awful?

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Olsenbaron/simple

The 2-set is all you're going to want if you're going to be heroic raiding. We'll be using Tier Gloves + Shoulders, everything else Heroic Warforged. If you're not raiding on that level then the 4-set bonus will be negligle compared to 2-set + normal WF off-pieces.

You'll want to get the 2-set as soon as possible, regardless of what AMR says (I've never trusted it anyways). With your ilvl, I'd suggest dropping your haste down and gem Int, int/haste, haste/hit. You're currently sacrificing too much to get that haste without a payoff.

Here's a link to the 3 builds for Frost and their limitations/strengths. Lots of stuff here but try not to read too much into it. You're going to want to focus on the Build types (I'd say for you, try out the Mixed build).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1357737-Frost-Akraen-s-Comprehensive-Guide-to-5-4-Frost-%28Advanced%29

AMR has no problems at all, if you set it up right.

The 2 set bonus is indeed more beneficial.

However, I am pretty sure that the reason why AMR suggested the Night Sky leggings is, because you set a haste breakpoint which is impossible to reach with your current gear (Just as Mastamage said)

If you compare the Tier leggings and the non-tier you will realize, that the non-tier has double of haste than the tier one. Since AMR wants to reach that haste breakpoint as a prio, it chose the item with higher haste.

Do as Mastamage suggested and you cannot go wrong :)

Incidentally Leggings of the Night Sky are the BiS for any 553 ilevel items and beat out many warforged and heroic.  I'll be using these all the way and never trading out the Chronomancer set.  If I ever go 4 piece the legs will be the ones I dont' use.  These crafted leggings are awesome!