FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Drafty53

UF v EB

So I'm wondering when is a proper ilvl to start thinking about making the move to UF from EB. I'm currently at 551 and am using EB on most fights. I know the top ele's in the world use UF but they are also in heroic gear, so if anyone has some experience or advice on this please share.

I'm afraid I don't know an exact answer for your question, but I can help;

If you know how to simulate your character, I think that you could answer your question with the following process;

1. Sim your character with your current setup, write down the DPS that it predicts
  2. Sim your character with the UF setup and get SimCraft to produce stat weights for you, write these down
  3. Use AskMrRobot to optimize your character with the stat weights you got from part (3) and export the result back to SimCraft
  4. Re-sim your character with the UF setup, compare the DPS it predicts to step (1)

If the DPS you got in step (1) is larger than that for step (4) by a significant margin, then I'd recommend putting the move off for maybe a few ilvls - say 10 or something. If (4) is better than (1) by a large amount, then change round right away! :)

some fights favor empowered elementals, others allow you to pick what you want to use. you can use UF at any time. I am very used to EB and the big damaging hit it offers, so when I try uf it seems annoying and underwhelming to me and i dont like it. if you're in a big 25 man and cant get much tier and you have a ton of crit you may want to use UF, but its not going to result in a huge difference if you are good with EB and UF. all 3 90 talents are very competitive and really just come down to preference.

oh i guess on heroics you cant stand still very often so PE or UF pull ahead, but you have to be good at UF to use it and your rotation with PE is so simple it lets you prioritize awareness and other jobs.

i say try them all and see what you enjoy. youre not going to magically do way more dps unless its thok and youre swapping to PE.

Edited by kitsu
  • Like 1

some fights favor empowered elementals, others allow you to pick what you want to use. you can use UF at any time. I am very used to EB and the big damaging hit it offers, so when I try uf it seems annoying and underwhelming to me and i dont like it. if you're in a big 25 man and cant get much tier and you have a ton of crit you may want to use UF, but its not going to result in a huge difference if you are good with EB and UF. all 3 90 talents are very competitive and really just come down to preference.

oh i guess on heroics you cant stand still very often so PE or UF pull ahead, but you have to be good at UF to use it and your rotation with PE is so simple it lets you prioritize awareness and other jobs.

i say try them all and see what you enjoy. youre not going to magically do way more dps unless its thok and youre swapping to PE.

In terms of rotation, my understanding was always that if taking UF, using it on CD is #1 prioity. If that is the case I'm not worried about maintaining a tight rotation. I am going to sim a few things, so thanks for the tips Stoove.

yeah it just sucks when you have to swap targets and leave the unleashed debuff up on something youre not attacking

yeah it just sucks when you have to swap targets and leave the unleashed debuff up on something youre not attacking

Yea during some testing today I realized that. On some sims and then actual dps testing myself I found that UF was sllllightly better with one target, so I might try it out on IJ and Malk. I still think for now I am going to continue EB use until I can get some higher gear.

i love EB and hate to see it go, but i guess theres a lot of heroic fights that involve so much movement its a bit of a loss. the fire ele rotation is so easy the extra awareness will be nice. you just have to remember to line your second pot up with your fire ele and ascendance.