FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Obas

Enhancement are question

So I was wondering if spamming chain lighting is better than just using it at 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon or if I should just use it with the 5 stacks and then continue single target rotation while maintaining fire Nova on cool down. Thanks!

It's not very polite to just bump things on the same day as you originally posted them. Please refrain from doing so in future. Additionally, you can edit your own posts using the "Edit" button which is next to "Quote".

For Enhancement, the real power AoE comes from UE+Fire Nova. You should be using your Lava Lash to spread Flame Shock to other targets, and using Fire Nova on cooldown. Using Chain Lightning on MW5 is an added bonus to make you better. You shouldn't be spending all your time hard-casting - you have better things to do as melee. An advanced tactic is using Chain Lightning on (for eg) 4 stacks of MW.

Oh okay im sorry for bumping :/ didn't realize that was a rule and I will refrain from doing it further on. Thank you for your input and I was also wondering what the optimal opener for enhancement would be? Sorry again didn't mean to come off rude and I was not sure how to edit the title :P thanks again.

That's fine, it's not a hard rule and I won't warn anyone for it but it's just more polite to let other people get a chance to see your post first.

As an opener, I'm afraid I don't know. I don't have enough raid experience in Enhancement to have developed a feel for what's good :)

Haven't tested it but I always cast CL if I have at least 3 (pref 4) stacks of MW. I play more on fire nova.

AoE rotation for enh is basically.

Flame Shock

Lava Lash

Chain Lightning on MW3+.

Unleash Elements

Fire Nova.

Stormstrike

And then spam UE+FN.

Note: You don't want to boost your FS by Unleashed Elements like in single target but to boost the Fire Nova when you've already spread the FS.

Few Pointers on CL.

1. If you have 1-2 targets use LB .

2. If you have 3+ targets use CL

3. If you have 4+ targets use CL+Glyph.

Totems: Magma kinda sucks in most cases. You need 5+ adds, otherwise Searing Totem is better. Also they have to stay in pretty much same spot. Can't think of a fight in SoO where I use magma.

- On Galakras you wan't to focus the shamans down asap, not pad the meters.
 - On Spoils the adds are moving too much with the tank so magma gets left behind.

- On Garrosh you want to focus on single targeting Garrosh and cleave the adds, not pad the meters.