FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lythal

Trouble with Fury :(

Hi all, Just a quick background first

I've played wow for a little now and have played different chars based on the needs of the raid. At the moment i am playing a fury warrior and although it is awesome and one of the best looking classes, i am struggling to be competitive. 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Lythal/simple

I am currently sitting at 30.4% Crit and I level 532. 

I am around 9+ Item level lower than the rest of the dps as i have been away but thought i would have done a little better than what i am currently. 

I am currently charging in and BT, DR, BT, by which time i am normally almost full rage. 

I then Drop Banner, hit reck>CS>RB>HS>SB>HS>BT>RB and maybe a few more HS / BT/RB depending on procs and rage levels. 

After expending all rage and CS has finished, i literally hit BT on CD, Use WS if proc'd, maybe a Heroic Throw. A lot of the time i find myself just sitting there waiting for BT to come around again. 

When i watch the meters i see myself only bursting to 200k, but it will drop after the initial CS to around 130k-140k. Sometimes it will go as low as 100k. 

One General Nazim yesterday, i struggled to get off the 100k -110k mark. 

Should i be worried ? or am i being to harsh on myself and wait until i am similar Item level to the rest of my team. 

Well being 9~ items level lower is going to be a factor there, but another thing is probably your ability to under and execute fury as a basic level. You should sim yourself with both fury and arms, and if arms is ahead or even dead even with fury, you should probably play that until you are capable of doing fury up to a threshold where it will be competitive or better than what you can do with arms.

Your opener itself isn't quite right. Without 2pc you should open with BT - wait - BT then use your DR - CS burst. The 2 BTs will let you generate enough rage for a proper CS.

Waiting is pretty much the name of the gain at low ils of fury. There's nothing you can about it besides properly knowing how to utilize each GCD to the maximum possible DPS.

• Like 1

Being below the yellow hit cap is also gonna nerf your DPS; get that up to 7.5% sharpish. Windsongs on both weapons, and inferior versions of both shoulder and leg enchants may cost less gold than the optimum choices, but they won't produce as much DPS. You're not being harsh on yourself at all. you're being cheap on yourself.

Edited by Tengenstein
  • Like 1

You can't control what drops for you, but you can control your enchants, gems, and reforging. As others here have suggested, try to get your Hit Rating to at least 7.50% as soon as possible, replace your shoulder glyph, leg armors and bracers enchants as soon as possible. Get Dancing Steel for both weapons if you can afford it. As soon as a replacement trinket for your Relic of Xuen drops, you should also see a fair increase in damage. If worse comes to worst, consider switching to Arms, which may benefit more from your current gear, until you get a few more drops. Replacing your sword with a second axe will give you a bit of headroom for reforging as well, because of your orc racial, and the Crit and Mastery are both better for Fury than Haste, but obviously, you are at the mercy of RNG when it comes to drops. If your raid leader hasn't designated a specific time for its use, you can start the pull with a Shattering Throw which will give you (and much of the raid) a small boost to opening DPS while you are waiting for the tanks to establish threat so you can Charge in.

Finally, using General Nazgrim as a DPS benchmark is not ideal, since that is a stop and start fight where you spend quite a bit of time standing idle waiting for new adds to arrive. Try a target dummy or a more melee-friendly fight (such as the Sha of Pride) for a better indicator of your sustained DPS potential. Fury damage tends to spike up and down throughout a fight as cooldowns are used and come back up. And remember that Damage Done generally matters more than DPS when it comes to killing bosses, except when it comes to speed burn mechanics. Good luck!

• Like 1

Holy smokes, i swear i was hit cap. It the first thing i check. 

I have been flicking different weapons in and out so probably got the wrong one on.. Cheers for the heads up. 

As for enchants, sounds like a plan. Totally didn't realise i hadn't got the top one on yet. Will get on it. 

Just saw i had swapped my neck armour out with a lesser item level'd one on as it had crit to see how much it pushed my % up by and didnt swap back. Not a total noob i didnt get to hit cap lol

I am desperate to replace my Xuen at the first chance and use all my extra roll on Thok and Paragons, but nothing yet. Im fairly unlucky when it comes to actually getting the thing i am after lol. 

As for getting another Axe. I think its a good idea, although would the crit i get from the sword not supercede the Axe with exp. 

I do have Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful which to me seem like horrible stats for fury apart from the mastery. Ideally id like another Xal'atoh

Edited by Lythal
  • Like 1

Yes, you would certainly want another Xal'atoh if you can get one, especially being an orc with the axe racial. That extra 1% Expertise can free up some reforged Expertise to give you more Crit or Mastery, which is why Gar'tok isn't terrible for Fury, either. Sometimes, you have to look at an item not only for the stats it has, but for what it might allow you to reforge, on the item itself and on your other pieces of gear. If you have any questions about reforging, enchanting, or gems, you can always try Ask Mr Robot. Some love it and some hate it, but even if you don't follow its suggestions verbatim, it makes a good starting point for comparison and gear rankings.

I'm not sure how far along you are on the Black Prince quest line, but once you get your legendary meta gem and cloak, you will also see a substantial DPS increase, so be sure not to neglect that. With the items you need dropping in so many ToT and SoO raids now, it's easier than ever to progress, although still time consuming. Rest assured it's certainly worth all the effort!

Edited by Larssen
  • Like 1