FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PhilColins

Demo logs - let's improve

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-358ozyr3e8l2myk2/

Personal logs ^^

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o04s0d0scpdvcgio/

Guild logs ^^

I wanted to link both since they have different data for each fight, I also D/C on Nazgrim in the last 30 or so seconds.

From this I can see that my Shadowflame uptime is pretty low from where it needs to be. So I can improve on that. My Doom and Corruption uptime seem fairly good. I'm having a hard time finding a good balance between meta weaving and when to cast Soul Fire. Also, I'm fury starved a lot. I'm trying to snipe CW adds that'll die upon hit but I'm not that good at it and just seem to waste the fury trying to do it. Occasionally it works and makes me feel awesome but I can't seem to find a good time when to do it.

Don't analyze Immerseus because I have 7 fps that entire fight. Honestly, I'm surprised I even did that much damage.

I like the feel of BBoY better than the H KTT I have. I've been thinking that in heavy AoE situations, I might want to take KTT over BBoY for the duplicate Immo Aura. Think this would be beneficial?

Comments?

Thanks

Edited by PhilColins

For Demo I'd say there's 2 routes you can go, 8097 haste > Mastery > Crit, or 14880 haste > mastery.

With the higher haste build you hit +3 ticks of shadowflame, as well as +8 ticks of doom on the pull with lust/LMG/Zerking.

Fury generation with the low haste build is indeed slower, so you need to favour ToC over SF in meta purely because you won't be able to react to procs with such low fury gain. Rule of thumb seems to be to only soulfire in meta when you have trinkets/dark soul up + a haste proc.

With higher haste you are generating fury at a much more rapid rate, and can afford to fire off soulfires in meta to react to procs etc.

KTT vs BBoY, I would say KTT will server you better with the lower haste build, but BBoY is better with high haste for a) hitting the breakpoint and cool.png soulfiring with 5+ stacks.

Edited by Liquidsteel

Thanks for the help. I'll try for the 14k BP and see where that leads me. Getting used to AD has been a lot of fun. More fury will always be nice. I'll letcha know what happens next week. I've been looking at top demo logs and most of them seem to be using Imp Swarm. Some had 8k haste and others had 13k+ haste. I can see the usefulness of using the glyph for the opener, but I'm not sure it'll be better overall. I went with the glyph this week and am anxious to try it without next week. Perhaps someone has experience in this and cares to share their knowledge?

Thanks friends

The burst damage of the imps and the extra fury generated is amplified in the opener because of every trinket proc / dark soul / raid cd. As the fight progresses and procs are no longer predictable the glyph loses value and the regular demonic calling pulls ahead.

Personally I would say always use on pull. It may be valuable in a bursty burn phase like galakras / dark shaman / nazgrim, but I'm not too sure.

I think he means whether or not to actually take the glyph as opposed to just having them spawn passively.

I use it on Immerseus as it allows for greater uptime in Meta when all the blobs spawn and you peak at over 1.5M dps. Running out of fury there would suck.

Otherwise I keep it unglyphed as it's supposedly a DPS loss to glyph it, but I am seeing the Blood Legion locks use the glyph almost exclusively and with pretty good results. Perhaps the SimC profile uses it on cooldown, and instead it should be synced with dark soul every time?

If the results were for the dps to be balanced between glyph and non-glyph, I would certainly prefer the on demand fury and burst that Imp Swarm provides.

I've been using the glyph with good results. Well for the opener I know having all the haste proc's really reducing the CD time. I think I had the CD time down to like 42 seconds after the initial use on the opener? I try and time when to use it next around DS or LMG proc. That 30% increased haste is massive for CD's.

I have noitced an issue with TMW though, the actionbars will say Imp Sawrm is ready after a certain amount of time but the game will say "That spell is not ready yet." Even on my toolbars and my spellbook (yes I opened my spellbook during a heroic IJ pull) it showed it was off CD. Perhaps there's a bug now that they dropped haste affecting CD's? I might be making that lasst part up. Has anyone else encountered this before?

I've always found Imp Swarm to be pretty bomb.  It's even better this tier because you can line it up with DSand PBI for even more profit.  Being able to stay in Meta for as long as possible with the 2-piece, due to having more DF generation during DS, is extremely beneficial.

The 14k haste is definitely better imo. I had much more room to react to procs and had much more fury to ToC with. Definitely sticking with that.

There needs to be more demo players. I'm ranking top 50 without much practice.

I have noitced an issue with TMW though, the actionbars will say Imp Sawrm is ready after a certain amount of time but the game will say "That spell is not ready yet." Even on my toolbars and my spellbook (yes I opened my spellbook during a heroic IJ pull) it showed it was off CD. Perhaps there's a bug now that they dropped haste affecting CD's? I might be making that lasst part up. Has anyone else encountered this before?

Do you have something else macro'd into it? I know sometimes if something in your macro is still on Cooldown it can bug out.

I thought that was the problem originally so I individually keybound it and still the same "This spell is not ready yet" message.

I encountered more of this last night, even after clicking the spell directly from my spell book. I've only had this problem with Imp Swarm. Could it be that the game does not recognize the CD time appropriately?

Wait, so you are clicking Imp Swarm out of your spell book when it shows that it's available to use and nothing happens?

The game responds, "That spell is not ready yet." Essentially giving me the finger and laughing because I'm playing demo. After another 30 seconds or so I'll click it again and it'll work. It seems to give me the finger whenever I used the spell with haste abilities up, shortening the CD timer. Typically after the opener.

Wow yeah, there is some definite buggy mischief going on.  In your case, the glyph is no longer being affected by haste, but the tooltip/icon still is.  Weird.

hello ,

how are you getting on with 14k haste demo , i loved demo in 5.3 but sadly i had to drop it because i was tired of being fury starved, but now im ilvl 552 , i seriously thinking of going back to demo if i can reach the 14k haste breakpoint, 

armoury : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Nalar/simple

im liking destro , but its kinda, simplistic, so like a challenge.

in your opinion , would i be ok going for 14 haste bp at my ilvl?

regards

nalar

My opinion is that Demo is probably the most gear/ilvl hungry spec out of the three right now, I wouldn't touch with without PBI + 4 set because both help massively. PBI increases the damage of your opening super buffed doom which likely has like 60% crit or more and the damage of your soul fire pretty nicely. The 4 set increases fury generation and molten core procs as well as providing a significant dps boost.

Honestly if I was in your situation I'd stick with Destro as a main spec for progression, but on farm you are more than welcome to try Demo.

well im buggered then lol, PBI just wont drop for me either on normal , Flex or LFR lol

but 4 set tier bonus i recon I could achieve 'with a little luck'

but do have the crystal rage tricket off malkrok ,(or whatever his name is)

nalar

Don't use the crystal of rage.  Ain't nobody be needin' haste that much.  :P

I'm sitting at 564 atm but dropped quite a few haste pieces for crit/mastery or hit mastery so I doubt I can hit that 14k mark but I'm curious if demo would be ok with immo aura on heroic immers with the p1 adds being a source of potential endless fury

I found Mannoroth's to be quite potent in a number of fights.  Heroic Immerseus - Mannoroth's Fury melts those slimes like butter on a hot summer's day.  On Sha of Pride, the Reflections come out on a cycle that lets you use MF on them every time.  Galakras - huge for AoE pushes.  Dark Shamans - easily able to melt slimes.  Still a shame it doesn't affect HoG...

MF is not likely better than AD for the rest.  KJC just isn't worth it.  You'll be lucky to cast 20 Shadowbolts in any given fight...there will always be something better to use.

Oops I meant Mannoroth's for Immerseus; that opening dps is absurd. I actually used the imp swarm glyph last week as it helps you bank extra fury to stay in Meta indefinitely with that pull. Throw in an Infernal for good measure or save it for the second pack which doesn't die as fast.

On Sha of Pride we're not allowed to touch the adds at all save Rain of Fire so I wouldn't dare jump into melee with Mannoroth's. Quick ticket to the bench.

I like to use MV on Protectors. The way we tank them is grouping the 3 bosses together and push as much damage as possible. If we get two phases (usually) at the same time we blow out CD load and take note on who stands in the bad. There's always 4 adds up at any given time whenever the bosses are >33% so Immo Aura owns.

What do you do with the Reflections on Sha then?  We all stack up under boss, let them spawn, then we have time to AoE before the Corrupted Crystals come out.  My AoE just helps clear them out so damn fast.

What do you do with the Reflections on Sha then?  We all stack up under boss, let them spawn, then we have time to AoE before the Corrupted Crystals come out.  My AoE just helps clear them out so damn fast.

This.

It's nice for Corrupted Fragments as well because they're right under the boss for max Cleave potential.