FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

<Infernal Revenue Service> LF Tank w DPS OS

This is definitely a long shot, but I'd love to pick up an Icy-Veins' forum poster for my core guild group. A little about us...(all information can be seen on US-Mal'Ganis forums)

We are a group of mature raiders that have a fun yet progressive attitude towards raiding. As the GM and RL, I value dependability and skill within your class highly but even higher do I value your personality and approach to this game. As most guilds are experiencing, I have a high turnover and raiding each week with a new person or a pug and teaching the heroics is becoming rather dull and doesn't provide the opportunity to push progression. We do old content as well as push current content and are always supportive of helping others in the guild level, do quests, dungeons, PvP, or hunt those elusive mounts and grind reputation and achievements.

Our current composition is as follows:

405 Destruction/Affliction Warlock (Raid Leader, Guild Master, Savior of Azeroth (obtained 3/14/2012))

404 Survival Hunter

402 Elemental Shaman

401 Arcane Mage

400 Arms Warrior

399 Disc/Holy Priest

399 Resto Druid

395 Holy Paladin

387 Prot Paladin

Our Paladins are our two newest members and considerably outperform their item level. This composition screams for a DK tank that can DPS on one tank encounters. A Druid tank would also be considered.

The personalities in this group will keep you coming back for more. We are considerably certain that while we may not be the best guild in the world, we know we have more fun than just about anyone else. To give you an idea of the kinda people you'd be raiding with, here are some of the raiders' occupations...

Warlock - industrial engineer

Hunter - college student

Shaman - pre-med student (a new Shaman replacing her in September is a lawyer)

Mage - manager at a trucking company

Warrior - computer programmer

Paladin - elementary school teacher

Druid - pipe mason with construction company

Priest - manager at a wine company

We currently raid 7-10p server time which is 8-11 Eastern/5-8 West Coast on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We currently have 6/8H, but I've cleared 8/8H numerous times. We are simply stunted in growth by high turnover.

If you think you'd fit the bill for a progressive and mature yet fun-filled group, let me know here. You could also apply at irs.guildwork.com for a quick evaluation. If you would be faction/server transferring, reimbursement is a high possibility based on your committment level and willingness/desire to be awesome. Hoping to find someone solid soon!

Cheers

Zag

• Like 2

Good luck! If anyone takes anything away from this forum mate it's more than likely your well constructed posts! All the best in the search :)

• Like 1

Thanks, my man. I'm sure it's a reach since this site's most often contributors are all from Europe...but there's a glimmer of hope haha

I hope you find that person you are looking for. That would be very nice if you could get something from the forums after posting so many useful contributions. It does not seem like you are in a hurry, so you might find someone when the forums become more active ;)

I actually found someone who saw my post here because Zagam is a rare name for a Warlock. I personally was distraught to see it on some others because I thought I found a name that no one used and fit a Warlock.

Zagan[4] (also Zagam) is a Great King and President of Hell, commanding over thirty-three legions of demons. He makes men witty; he can also turn wine into water, water into wine, and blood into wine (according to Pseudomonarchia Daemonum blood into oil, oil into blood, and a fool into a wise man). Other of his powers is that of turning metals into coins that are made with that metal (i.e., gold into a gold coin, copper into a copper coin, etc.).

Zagan is depicted as a griffin-winged bull that turns into a man after a while.

But, back on topic, he found my post on the forums, found all the things linked to me, set up a toon on my server, and was so pumped to have me as his raid leader and guild leader that he dropped $55 to server and faction change to play with me. I guess karma does have some positive effects =D

• Like 5

I'm really glad you found your tank. I had very little hope you would :P

Now to teach my noobies Heroic Spine and Madness, then this group will follow me into MoP. I feel like I'm a very rare breed of guild/raid leader due to the types of conversations and recruiting efforts I make. I often get asked 'what is your minimum ilvl requirement?' Often, I will respond "there is none, just a hard-working, skilled, dedicated attitude. If you have that, the gear will come.' I'm often met with "hahahahahha, good luck with your shitty guild!" It's unfortunate that many people think gear is everything and that if you don't require a 405 ilvl for heroic raids you can't succeed. I pulled a 383 ilvl Paladin tank out of trade who told me he was looking for an awesome guild with a good, mature leader. He had never stepped into Dragon Soul before and we successfully one shot the first 5 bosses on Heroic through his ability to understand and adapt to mechanics and my ability to nurture and explain things as the fight goes on.

While I claim to be a PvE superstar, I'm not that skilled in PvP or arena. When I partnered up with a random Rogue for some 2's, I explained this. He proceeded to tell me how easy PvE was and how I was a terrible player who didn't understand anything and that I should uninstall my game. Just wish I could find a 2s partner or 3s team that didn't require a 2200 rating and would teach me how to play with them. Having 4.2k resil, Cunning, and the Legendary just isn't enough for these guys. It's the same ridiculous requirements where you see something like "LFM BWD xmog run, 390+ ilvl. pst" Really? 390 ilvl requirement for a raid that drops 359 gear and could be beaten with 346 gear? Some days I loathe the general public in WoW...then I remember that I loathe the general public in general. I love my guild. Takes a bunch of crappy girlfriends to make you really appreciate your future wife. Takes a lot of crappy pugs to really appreciate the same group of guys and girls who you play with week in and week out. Let your guild know how much you appreciate them...that warm, gooey feeling is nice sometimes =)

• Like 3

One of the best things I've seen and heard is "we help players that help themselves".

Personally I never look for well polished pro's when Im recruiting as they expect a certain environment. I much prefer recruiting players that need that little bit of help and still feel that they can improve, but only do so because they want to be part of something, not because they want to become a great player just for themselves.

• Like 1

Very much agree, you end up with people that get very bored very quickly.

I like that quote, it's nice. I almost had some sort of anurism on Sunday when one of the players didn't stay out on Ultra during his groups second rotation... the reason that he didn't & that it wasn't his fault? "you didn't call it on vent". I somehow managed to bite my tongue... counting to 3 is too hard, really? On a farm boss?

Very much agree, you end up with people that get very bored very quickly.

I like that quote, it's nice. I almost had some sort of anurism on Sunday when one of the players didn't stay out on Ultra during his groups second rotation... the reason that he didn't & that it wasn't his fault? "you didn't call it on vent". I somehow managed to bite my tongue... counting to 3 is too hard, really? On a farm boss?

These are the types of players I avoid...they likely have gear so they look good, but they have to have their hands held during raiding. How can you expect to perform progression when the raid leader has to call everything out? Nights like last night with my new tank...we one shot Heroic Warmaster despite neither tank ever seeing the fight. They talked with each other, timed taunts, knew how to time CDs, and made the fight look like normal mode. Raiding like that couldn't be more enjoyable. My new tank couldn't stop gushing about how great of a raid leader I was, but all I was doing was 'leading' by calling out things people were already prepared to do. The most rewarding thing about being a raid leader has to be that click moment when your whole raid knows what they need to do, how to do it, when to do it, and then they go and do it. If teaching grown ups how to raid in WoW is this rewarding, I can only imagine what will surge through me when I'm a father some day!

• Like 4

I somehow haven't been keeping up with this thread (shut up, Damien), but I'm very happy to read that you found someone nice. I hope it works out :)

• Like 1

Well, I lost my Hunter and my healing Priest last night...found two players who used to raid with me and loved me as a leader so they gladly left their diminishing guilds to join mine...and I've now lead two guilds through Spine progression for their first kill! It was super gratifying, and I love hearing nerd screams from other players when we finally down a boss. Sadly, not enough time to teach them Madness, but we will get it next week and be able to hand out 8 Hand Maidens.

Moral of the story: Don't burn WoW bridges ever. You never know who is going to turn around and help you out. And if you're a raid leader/guild leader, keep good lines with other guilds and don't player snipe. If players come to you, tell their GM that they came to you and that you hope they are successful in finding a replacement. Builds you a good reputation and then good players seek you out. My MoP team is finally complete!!!

• Like 1

We should hire you to write a "How to lead a guild" column Posted Image

Haha, well, while I won't claim to be the best GM or raid leader in the world, nothing wrong with 2nd place, right? All kidding aside, the only thing to remember how to look awesome in this game is to treat people like you're talking to their face, not a computer screen. Too many people hide behind their screens with unknown names and faces and just talk like savages. WoW reputations are just like real reputations...they can take a whole year to build a good one but one statement to ruin it all.

Leading a guild and a raid group requires a level of knowledge that no one else in your group is likely to have. I often know what each spec should do on each fight to maximize their performance, and most of the time, even they don't realize it. For example, telling a Paladin tank to glyph his Divine Protection and telling him only to use that during the 2nd Psychic Blast on Heroic Zon'ozz made the difference between him teetering on the brink of death and laughing at how easy the fight is. Making people accountable for their actions, mistakes, and achievements. I've often been told the difference between me and other raid leaders is I don't make you feel bad for making a mistake...I make you worry about making the same mistake again. And the big thing that keeps my raid team together is positive reinforcement. I'll often go back into our logs and find out who excelled at things...who did the most damage to the Sapper? Make sure everyone knows how the success of a fight was attributed to your Resto Shaman switching in to absorb Ice Lances on Hagara when one of the DPS forgot to switch to tombs and left someone without a partner to rotate with. Playing WoW should be fun, and no one likes being told of all the mistakes made...make sure they know when they did something right and you noticed.

• Like 1

Well, all it took for my group was 3 wipes on Madness and we got it. Everyone who got their kill was like "Wait, was it really that easy?" I warned them it would be, but told them to take it seriously. So, words of encouragement for you guys pushing Spine...we had 20 wipes on Spine to learn it and 3 on Madness which coincides with the number of wipes we put when I did it with my last guild at the 10% nerf point. Keep throwing bodies at it!