FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Muffinbum

Lost a lot of DPS?

For some reason, my dps has gone down from 110k to 95k and I have no idea why.

Can someone have a look at my gear and double check everything is okay?

I use reforgelite addon to do my reforging.  

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Muffinbum/advanced

I know I have two empty sockets as I just used my BS on them yesterday and not socketed them yet.

Rotation I use jab, then tiger thingy to get my buff up, then get my rising sun kick up and make sure they are always both active whilst using blackout kick to dump chi and using expel harm when not at full health to gain some.  I use my brew proc alongside energizing brew.  Using Touch of Karma and Invoke Xuen on CD also.

Hi,

1.) The first thing I noticed is: WAAAAY TOOO LOOOOOW HASTE. (Yes, this with caps on.) You should run with 11-13k Haste rating as a WW, but I think at least 7-9k on your gear level.
2.) Start using Chi Brew as WW, its amazing this tier.
3.) Your DPS is dependant on the fight itself.

4.) Do you have any logs by any chance we can take a look at?

5.) I'm the worst Windwalker alive, so I can't really give you very deep advice.

6.) Okay, maybe not the worst, but I definetely suck dick as a DD.

Adam

First peek-in (had only time to take a look at the last try, I'm at work atm, sorry):

1.) Your Rising Sun Kick's uptime was only 54,7%, which is way too low, It should be 100%, or at least as close to it as its even possible.

2.) Tiger Power: 65,6% uptime, too low, should be also at least near 100%.

3.) 25 Fists of Fury vs 22 Blackout Kicks. Why? o.O I think BoK is your very main damage dealer ability. Only use Fists of Fury if you are in need of Energy (shouldn't happen with enough Haste) and if you don't need to break it before Rising Sun Kick comes off CD.

4.) Not sure about the Tigereye Brew, but try to use it only if there are 10+ Stacks available.

5.) You did 0.0 DPS for ~1 minute during the fight. Umm... ??? :P I mean I saw u died, but what took that long to Poysonivy to resurrect you? :P

Long story short: Keep your buffs/debuffs up, maybe install some addon that helps you keep an eye on them! :) And use BoK WAY more. This will definetely help you increase your DPS. By far.

I will take a deeper look at your logs later, I hope some experienced WW will also take a look at them. *looks at Krazy and Brewmonksta*

Cheers,

Adam

FoF is actually good outside the wait-for-energy purpose, but the difficulty of using it over BoK is higher, since the conditions where it is a DPS increase are many. You must make sure that Tiger Power doesn't fall off during FoF, that Rising Sun Kick doesn't come off CD during FoF, you don't cap your energy during FoF (repititive enough? :P ) and that you are able to channel it fully through on your target. Whereas a non-combo breaker BoK is more or less just a tool to prevent Chi (over)capping.

25 FoFs against 22 BoKs sounds a lil' fishy though seeing that FoF has a channel and a CD and costs a chi more. I'm just going by what my common sense tells me since I rarely play as WW.

I will take a deeper look at your logs later, I hope some experienced WW will also take a look at them. *looks at Krazy and Brewmonksta*

I have no idea what you're talking about, lol I only MW and BrM.  I think Brewmonksta is the same.  My WW knowledge extends to what you just said.

I have no idea what you're talking about, lol I only MW and BrM.  I think Brewmonksta is the same.  My WW knowledge extends to what you just said.

Lol at least I tried. :D I thought you both were also playing WW. :D

Here's your first big mistake: don't use Spinning Crane Kick unless you are fighting a huge swarm of squishy adds. You aren't a Mistweaver. If you want cleave damage, then use the Rushing Jade Wind talent and Storm, Earth and Fire. And even in situations where SCK is suitable, you'll want to use Rising Sun Kick as often as you can since it applies the +20% damage taken debuff to ALL targets.

Beyond that, keep up Tiger Power and Rising Sun Kick all the time and use RSK on cooldown, period, end of discussion. If you do this you will see a drastic improvement in all of your other damage. Using Blackout Kick less frequently is all right, since you aren't a Brewmaster, but be sure that you don't cap on energy using FoF and that channeling it doesn't delay a use of RSK.

And do your best to work in Chi Burst where you can. It does have a key place in your rotation and helps to keep Energy and Chi management sensible, though it shouldn't take priority over other abilities normally - not like a Mistweaver who will have it very high in their priority.

I took my Monk to Sha of Pride LFR, spec'd Rushing Jade Wind and Chi Wave. He has ilvl 488 equipped in his Agility set, 500 total courtesy of MW pieces in my bank. I still did about 80k DPS on the fight by using RJW and Storm, Earth and Fire on the adds. I'm positive that the poor performance you're seeing is due to inappropriate spec choices and suboptimal play. Practice and make sure you can consistently play the spec well before you spend more of your valuable gold on reforging and regemming. Otherwise you would be better off playing something else.